[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

convince me why i should or shouldn't get a Swiss volcano stove

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: BILD2023_zps82c3e243.jpg (92KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
BILD2023_zps82c3e243.jpg
92KB, 1024x768px
convince me why i should or shouldn't get a Swiss volcano stove
>>
Just be yourself anon
>>
Get one! I use mine to feed my family of four on three day backpacking adventures. The great thing is it doesn't use fossil fuels so thus is carbon neutral with no carbon footprint so it really pays for itself on the environment
>>
Why should I convince you to do anything? Convince me.
>>
>>651193
OP convinced me that he is a faggot
>>
>>651155
>it doesn't use fossil fuels so thus is carbon neutral with no carbon footprint

You can't be this fucking stupid.
>>
This has all the hallmarks of a successful, informative thread.
>>
>>651147
Get whatever you want, I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>651321
Areyou daft? Burning wood is carbon neutral m8.
>>
>>651147
Take into consideration where you want to use it. Some places don't allow wood stoves.
>>
>>651354
How much fossil fuels went into the manufacture of the stove faggot?
>>
would do me little good on coastal kayaking trip. May be wood, may not be. If there is, may be wet.
>>
>>651147
Pretty gud stove m8. It's what I use for pheasant when I'm out hunting with the lads. Don't try to cook more than 2 at a time or it gets a bit cumbersome
>>
>>651364
>moving goalposts

Eat your air cold, breatharian. Its the only way to neutralize your carbon footprint.
>>
>>651147
I'd prefer to make my own Rocket Stove to my personal specifications and uses.
>>
>>651395
Do you make it with 200% recyclable scraps you glean from your skinwalking?
>>
Get a kelly kettle instead, its the same thing except a water jacket kettle as the base.
>>
>>651354
No it is not. http://www.gardenofwales.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Biomass-A-Burning-Issue.pdf

But if you are worried about the carbon footprint of the backpacking stove you'll use for only a few hours per year, you might want to get a firmer grip on the concept of prioritization. You are using the internet, after all. Were the devices that carried your packets to 4chan powered by carbon neutral sources?
>>
>>651886
This. Burning wood or fuel in a stove will not even remotely be in the same ballpark as using electronics, before even considering the energy used in the production of said electronics and their transport. Not to mention the coal burned to provide you electricity.

That being said, I prefer using wood for fuel simply because it's cheaper. Hike yo own hike I guess.
>>
>>651689
Yes, all you need are some metal cans.
>>
>>651886
>you might want to get a firmer grip on the concept of prioritization.

You are using the internet, after all. Were the devices that carried

your packets to 4chan powered by carbon neutral sources?

This is a very understudied thing. Not just tech carbon foot prints,

but how that tech helps you learn and improve your life. Take for

instance this scenario:

>Jack is ignorant of most things concerning the environment. He leaves

the lights on in his house, hasn't weatherized his house, lets the

water run often, his vehicle gets terrible gas mileage and he drives

everywhere, even to get the mail. He order delivery for most of his

meals. He drinks lite beer and watches cable football on his 72"

flatscreen TV. Jack doesn't have a computer nor access to the

internet.

>One day Jack loses his job. Now his savings are dwindling. He needs to

save money. He cancels his cable service but needs his electric and

other services. He drives his gas hog 3 blocks distance to the library

for books on money saving. Instead, one of the librarians tells him to use one of the computers to search online. With some help and after an hour of researching Jack discovers 2 things. 1st he find a plethora of things online to help him save money specifically. 2nd, is that he really loves this previously untapped wealth of knowledge.

>Jack thus learns all the tricks to saving money. This also happens to be hand in hand with lowering his overall carbon footprint. Jack gets his old job back and now has money. He buys a PC and get an internet connection on his cable package. Through the contacts he has made on money-saving forums online he slowly becomes more green living.

>As a result Jack's carbon footprint is even lower that it has ever been in his entire life and continues to drop as he gains knowledge that happens to go hand and hand with his slightly altered life style. Jack tells his friends and the net affect starts to increase.
>>
>>651955
Now, this is highly cherry picked, but I think most people can related to some small degree and understand the point I'm making. Does this overall effect off set the carbon costs of the electronics and the power to use them? What if Jack started making his own power using wind turbines or solar?

>dat copy/paste from notepad fail

kek
>>
>>651957
Who cares if its overall good or not. It makes me feel good to recycle my wine bottles. Whether it's stupid or not to make a separate trip to the recycling bin across town at least I am doing my part to make things better
>>
>>651977
Even if it is counter productive on one scale, on a lager scale people see you do it, hear about you doing it, and may do it themselves. It may then balance out or get better just from that.

I do most of my part by not doing things. Not buying things that have trash that I can't directly reuse. My only electric-using hobbies are on my PC which is on nearly 24-7 and my electric bill never reaches $40 a month. Whenever someone stays over for say a week, I'm appalled by the amount of trash they produce in that time. Like 2 times the amount I produce in 2 months.
>>
>>652046
Whenever I hear that people recycle I do my part by producing more garbage or maybe go for a Sunday drive. Life is about balance and I must do my part.
>>
>>652094
You'll forget about making that post in a few weeks. It is a phenomenon called, "liar's amnesia".
>>
>>651147
What's the fucking point? You can make one out of tin can, if you really want one. But honestly, why use that, when you can jsut burn twigs as is.
>>
>>652119
Some places do not allow an open fire not digging of a fire pit..
>>
>>652276
Why would you make a fire pit if fires are prohibited?
>>
>>652307
Fires are permitted, just not open fires. Meaning portable stoves are fine.
>>
>>652457
Do you put your stove in a fire pit?
>>
>>651147

because that is a retarded amount of needless metal to house a fucking fire

just carry isobutane gas cans like a normal fucking person.
holy shit gas is so amazing
>>
>>652517
What are you talking about? I think you misunderstood something. Do you know what an "open fire" is?
>>
>>652522
>holy shit gas is so amazing

Until you run out 50 miles from the nearest store.
>>
>>652786

>Until you run out 50 miles from the nearest store.

Does gas cease to be amazing because you are a retard who walked 50 miles from a store and expected to find full cannisters lying around?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.