[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/out/ help. the significant other and I want to plan our first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1409862149373.jpg (1MB, 1920x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1409862149373.jpg
1MB, 1920x1707px
/out/ help.

the significant other and I want to plan our first hiking/camping trip this summer. We're stuck on location though. we really have no idea where to start looking, and the entire US is an option for us.

We want to find somewhere pretty, with water access.

Where are your favorite hiking / camping spots /out/? Even suggestions on which states to start looking in would be helpful.

Thanks
>>
> mfw any National Park in the US or Canada will do nicely
>>
Colorado.
>>
>>651032
This.

Palmer Lake, Colorado. Park, nice short-ish uphill hike into mountains, pass 1 small lake, come to larger lake. Fill water bottles, fish, cook lunch. Hike farther (away from water) and camp for the night, then head back down.

Since you wanted specifics, I mean.
>>
>>650985

I would recommend Havasupai if you want a lenient backpacking trip. If you have more time than I would suggest a road trip through Southern / Eastern Utah and Northern Arizona.
>>
>>651050
You keep recommending Havasupai, may I ask when was the last time you went there?

>Protip, I was there Oct 2015, I do NOT rec
>>
>>650985
What do you like? National parks where I've camped/hiked/et cetera:

>awesome scenery with mountains and critters
Rocky Mountain NP
Yellowstone NP
Grand Tetons NP

>awesome scenery with desert and mountains
Big Bend NP
Guadalupe Mountains NP

>awesome scenery with a really big hole in the ground
Grand Canyon NP

>beautiful cave
Carlsbad Caverns NP

>big, boring cave
Mammoth Cave NP

>beautiful mountains with history lessons
Great Smoky Mountains NP
Mesa Verde NP

>three deserts come together on the San Andreas Fault
Joshua Tree NP

>fun for a day trip
Great Sand Dunes NP

>fucking why?
Hot Springs NP

Mostly this: >>650997
>any National Park in the US or Canada will do nicely
>>
File: IMG_3629.jpg (2MB, 3456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3629.jpg
2MB, 3456x2592px
>>650985
>We want to find somewhere pretty, with water access.
When we visited Rocky Mountain National Park, there were no reserved sites available and we didn't want to take a chance on driving that far and not having a place to stay, so we set up camp at Arapaho Bay Campground on Lake Granby and made day trips into the national park. The campground is on the edge of the lake and takes reservations. The jokers who were in the site we had reserved left quickly when I made it clear I was staying and they were going with or without NPS police assistance.

Pic related, took it standing within a few feet of our tent.
>>
>>651523

ignore this post
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.