[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How hard is it live /out/ in the winter in western washington?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

How hard is it live /out/ in the winter in western washington?
>>
the coast? shouldn't be any snow so it's gotta be easier than 80% of the world
>>
For you, impossible
>>
>>651004
Iunno, i grew up in rural Oregon. Pretty used to cold and wet, just never had to live in it.
>>
>>650906

That all depends on your skill level. It was sweet seeing it snow in Olympia today.
>>
>>651022
We got some fat flakes mixed in with the rain here in lakewood
>>
File: 20140827_163924.jpg (1MB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
20140827_163924.jpg
1MB, 2322x4128px
Not too hard. Staying dry and warm are your main priorities.
Pic related, took that on Mt. Baker last summer
>>
>>650906
Been wondering the same on the east side of the state.
>>
how cold it it when you are hypothetically living there? Not every year is the same..
>>
>>651009
There is a reason people don't live outside when its cold and wet. Those things will make you cold and wet or kill you which are things people tend to avoid. Look around and see how many people live outside. You won't find a single one except for bums and they all live in the city
>>
I may not have a choice. i am getting evicted in january and i dont want to be an urban bum. i have a tent, a tarp and a good sleeping bag.
>>
>>650906
Fucking miserable. You wont have any dry firewood, you'll get trench foot by the time you finish a shelter, and food is scarce. You'll kill yourself before it kills you.
>>
>>650906
It sucks and will undoubtedly affect your mental and physical health.
>>
Depends on your shelter and knowhow. Also depends on how many socks you can fit in your backpack.
>>
>>651229
Can't affect me any more than i already am. my mom died in november and i really have nothing else going for me
>>
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/5595181.html

Quite comfortable, apparently.
>>
OP better spend some time scouting the area he wants to live in very soon and start creating a small shelter before he's homeless.
>>
It'll always be hard no matter the environment until you adjust to it.

Caves and "hobbit houses" are your safest bet for warmth and durable shelter
>>
>>651228
this seems like the logical course of events to me in a rain forest in the rainy season.
>>
>>651022
Sup fellow Olympian

OP if you lived in Oregon then you should be fine
I've still been hiking and mountain biking in this stuff and it's not bad
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.