[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else starting to get comfy in Florida right now? It is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20151220_142106_996.jpg (1MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151220_142106_996.jpg
1MB, 1944x2592px
Anyone else starting to get comfy in Florida right now?

It is nice to finally be getting some cool windy weather, isn't it?
>>
File: Hamlet.jpg (13KB, 460x241px) Image search: [Google]
Hamlet.jpg
13KB, 460x241px
>>650030
Just did an overnight on the Florida Trail. My ride fell through on me, so I doubled back from hidden pond to juniper instead of continuing though. Wish I had something to take pictures with.
>>
South Alabama here. (20 mins away from border)

What places are good to go /out/ in Florida?
>>
>>650302
I'd like to know too, I'm >>650297 and have only ever been on the Florida Trail.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Yeah it's perfect /out/ weather right now.
>>
Planning a three day trip into Ocala National Forest on the Florida Trail around Alexander Springs area just after the new year. Hoping for comfy weather.
>>
Just moved to miami a few months ago and been looking for some good places to go /out/. Any suggestions?
>>
>>650030
What are those meal bags like?
>>
>>650030
>entree

Will never understand Americans desu. Calling a main meal an entree makes no sense.
>>
>>650648
Good brands are delish and bad brands are suck
>>
>>650649
It doesn't say Maine meal you foreign faggot it says entree. Maybe you don't understand Americans because you are on an american board written in american and you don't read so good
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>650030
The largemouth are starting to bite again here in Broward...

>Size 12
>>
Altamontefag reporting in. Weathers great! A little hot mid day but mornings/evenings are awesome
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>650730
Also, I know this isn't /soc/ but if anybody from the Broward or southern Palm Beach counties wants a bass fishin buddy on the weekends, let me know. Only person I ever go with is my little brother and he is away at school most of the time.

I'm also open to learn how to saltwater fish. I'm from the midwest so I'm clueless when it comes to the ocean.
>>
>>650648
Nowhere near a freshly cooked meal but they're still tasty enough and a great comfort when you're alone in the middle of nowhere for 3 days.
>>
>>650302
Canoe down the chipola river. Apalachicola national forest has the Florida trail going through it.
>>
>>650648
I think Mountain House are awful in most regards. They do resist spoilage for a long time though, so if you find them for cheap it is worth sticking up. Otherwise too much salt, boring flavors, bulky packaging.

I prefer packit gourmet. Just as many meal options, much better packaging, taste better. Only a bit more expensive than on-sale MH.

The best is Heather's Choice but it is expensive since most of it contains actual meat and organic ingredients. Usually take one for every third day I'm innawoods for a treat.
>>
>>650917
You sound like a gay faggot
>>
>>650030
Kissimmee. but I'm really sick so haven't been getting /out/ at all. its been like 3 months. the crippling pain has had me indoors in a bed for the last week or so. I'm a 3rd gen native to Florida. Weathers been nice. but I really do want to leave florida for a few years, I really am starting to hate it here. its good if you like fishing/kayaking/ocean shit. but living inland is fucking lame as fuck. and the lack of white oak or hickory trees and rocks of various kinds is also lame.

Dunno why people wanna move here besides "its warm" like all this warmness is fucking depressing.
>>
Tampa Bay area reporting in

>>650297
Is juniper all still loose sand and saw palmetto with no shade? Last time i went it was awful but that was a few years ago.

>>650621
Alexander springs is nice right now. Lots of bear activity around this time of year, at least in the car camping areas. Idiots don't know how to store and secure their food and trash.

>>650648
Mountain House tastes awful imo. Especially their breakfasts, shit tastes like old couch cushion.
>>
>>651026
But inland has all the nice springs, scrub land, pine forests, and sometimes wet prairies and meadows.

You can also enjoy the various limestone outcrops.
>>
>>650030

Why did you buy backpacking food when it's just dehydrated noodles and meat

You can substitute literally any "instant" food designed to be cooked in the microwave or by adding boiling water. There is no difference except cost.
>>
>>652698
>you are stupid for taking backpacking food when you could just bring some imaginary item that is exactly the same
>>
I just slept with my summer bag in Denmark (nordic). This seriously baffles my mind.
>>
>>650621
I did exactly that last spring break. Only saw one other hiker in 10 miles. Fantastic trail, totally different than the Midwest foliage I am used too. Only bad thing was like every 50 feet something would shake and move all the shrubbery and bushes, which was fucking scary because I thought I was gonna get mauled by a black bear. Other than that, the hike was amazing. Planning on heading back to Alexander Springs this spring break.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.