[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beach Camping Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: Beach-Camping-duarte-22.jpg (95KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
Beach-Camping-duarte-22.jpg
95KB, 640x428px
In Baja there are many places along the coast that you go get to via dirt road and camp on the beach for free and no one cares.
Are there any places in America like this?
Anywhere in the gulf states?
Maybe Mississippi ?
Would like to have some /out/ beach time this winter.

Also , general beach camping.
>>
>>649407
Cape lookout of the coast of NC. You can ferry your car out and camp right on the beach. Didnt camp but spent the day there last year. Beautiful undeveloped beaches. Most people just go to see the lighthouse so if you get away from the ferry pier dropoff (near the before mentioned lighthouse) there isnt many people. Im dying to go back and camp for at least a week. Lying around the beach and fishing. Would like to kayak out from harkers island. That way I can fish around the shackleford banks as well.
>>
>>649407
>baja
>no one cares

except the narcos who will decapitate you
>>
>>649413
This is exactly the kind of info I am after.
Thanks!
>>
>>649502
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/15/mexico-confirms-burnt-remains-found-in-campervan-as-missing-australian-surfers
>>
File: 700.jpg (427KB, 1920x1152px) Image search: [Google]
700.jpg
427KB, 1920x1152px
>>649706
Have you ever met aussie surfers?
They are horrible.
You honestly want to say that you would not torch the one with the purple pants?
>>
File: IMG950171.jpg (54KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
IMG950171.jpg
54KB, 1080x810px
>>649696
Sure thing anon. I will dump some pics I took this past summer.
Here is the lighthouse
>>
File: IMG_0168.jpg (80KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0168.jpg
80KB, 1080x810px
>>649730
Here is a view from the top of the lighthouse
Notice the locals with boats come here because the beaches are way less crowded than the ones on the crystal coast.
>>
File: IMG_0167.jpg (112KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0167.jpg
112KB, 1080x810px
>>649732
One more from the top of the lighthouse showing tje other side of the island.
>>
>>649407
Every state has laws about this if they're on ocean. Oregon's rule is that you can't camp on beaches that fall within city limits. Otherwise, you can camp anywhere on the beach for a set period of time. I think hawaii is the same way. I think there are states where areas of beach can be private property but fuck those states.

Maybe check the state parks site for your state? I just googled "oregon beach camping" when I was looking for my info.
>>
>>649777
I am looknig for actual spots where anons have beach camped. I would be cool to find a string of spots for an extended winter road trip.
>>
>>649407
Head to the padre island after Christmas for a month of fishing and camping
>>
>>650232
Heading*
>>
>>650232
Is there free camping?
>>
>>650468
$20 for one year beach access
>>
>>649724
i want one of these vans so bad. they are just terrible on gas.....any time i would do a road trip it would break the bank....
>>
>>650560
Gas is cheap AF right now anon.
Go git one
>>
>>650232
What kind of fish are available?
>>
>>650842
Sandtiger shark, red fish, black drum, and trout. Come out after new years I'll be out there just look for the most fucked up jacked up jeep and big ass dog.
>>
>>650862
Oh and you need to have a 4x4 to get out on the PINS sooooo yeah hope you can handle that
>>
I think I a pretty sold on Padre. Will make my way down after xmas.

Looking at youtube footage the sea seems pretty rough, almost enough to surf.
I want to kayak fish, is the other side of the island nice and calm?
I do not have 4x4, what are the PINS?
>>
>>650871
Lots of surfing out there. The inside cove has wind surfing and calmer waters.

The PINS as the are called is Padre Isalnd National Seashore (4X4 is needed due to the 20+ miles of lose sand and such)

I'm going to be there for about a month camping and fishing starting on the 27th. Only going into town once a week or so for water and food.
>>
Going to be drying out off cigarettes and beer while out there but wouldn't mind sharing a lone star with you if we cross paths.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-21-22-49-56.png (1MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-21-22-49-56.png
1MB, 960x540px
>>650565
Tfw just got my 400$ craigslist find inspected and on the road.

Will an enhanced drivers license get me into mexico or just canada?
>>
>>650903
Congrats and I have no clue what this DL is you speak of just drop the money on a passport...although I don't know why you would want to go to Mexico.
>>
>>650911

Isnt baja campy place that were talking about mexico?

Enhanced drivers license is just a thing where you prove you pay taxes and were born and then you get into canada without a passport.

I liek riding my bicycle at bromont and mont saint anne cuz im a fag.

I think the edl gets one more, but im ignint
>>
>>650903
>>650903
Do you mean a passport card?
That will get you in and out of mexico and canada but not by plane or boat. Just car or walking
>>
>>650915
Take from a boarder fag don't go to Mexico it's not worth the risk unless you are flying into central or south Mexico. Not trying to get all /pol/ but I still live on the drug routes and the border is just not safe.
>>
>>650921
My buddies go down to baja all the time. You just have to stay away from sineloa and a few other spots.
>>
>>650901
Sounds very cool. I am not a big drinker but I am a really good camp cook, my normal hangout is /ck/
I hope to catch enough fish for fish tacos pretty regularly.
Will cook you up some grub.
Will be in a pic related with a kayak on top
>>
>>650919
Nah, it's called an enhanced driver's license.

Dunno. Vermont's fukkin weird
>>
>>650946
I would apply for a passport card if I were you anon.
Especially if you cant afford a full passport.
>>
>>650927
I was a big drinker try to straighten myself up so going to use my severance money for a nice long vacation
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.