[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discuss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

File: index.jpg (14KB, 187x269px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
14KB, 187x269px
Discuss
>>
Nah
>>
>>648954
this
>>
File: Beer-Grillz.jpg (191KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Beer-Grillz.jpg
191KB, 1280x720px
>>648952
>1. Collecting your piss is essential to survive.
>>
>>648952
not sure if anyone has ever survived of anything because they read this book.

It was the RAF that stopped the enemy invasion and glorifying any military branch is fucked up anyway, especially one that has never done anything. As for survival skills, I don't think military has anything to offer.
>>
>>648954
Nice reasoning
>>648964
>I don't think military has anything to offer.
Are you 'tarded?
>>
>>648968

Yeah, I'd be inclined to think the military knows one or two things about being /out/
>>
>>648968
>op provides nothing useful
>expects anons to tell him what to think

yeah, nah, fuck off faggot
>>
Not the actual SAS survival training manual.
>>
File: 1444841894511.jpg (12KB, 277x269px) Image search: [Google]
1444841894511.jpg
12KB, 277x269px
>>648968
>Are you 'tarded?
No. It's just that survival skills are a very small part of military training. All they teach is a tiny percentage of knowledge there is. Military is only interested in how to win wars, not how to save individuals.

>>648969
>the military knows one or two things about being /out/
It's not really being /out/ or survival as long as the supplies are coming in. Once they're not, you're a dead man, in any military.

Fighter pilots and other valuable persons are teached some realistic survival skills, but it's more about creating an illusion of safety than reality.
>>
File: 3894312_700b.jpg (152KB, 697x681px) Image search: [Google]
3894312_700b.jpg
152KB, 697x681px
>>648985
>teached
>>
>>648952

*rocks hand*

meh....

it deals with a lot of stuff that to me is unlikely to happen, or if you were out doing things 'in the wild' you'd already have an idea of what to do anyway just from what you've leaned /skills developed doing whatever it is youre doing so it sort of becomes redundant. it would probably be good if you dropped a reasonably intelligent suburban kid on a deserted island or something but to anyone who has spent a couple of years getting /out/ it's content a bit out there.

I don't need to know how to make 8 different animal traps ( which is the bit most people skip to an focus on, let's be honest...) whereas hammering it into a reader that shelter and water are far higher up the ladder when it comes to 'survival' would be far more beneficial. By no means a shill, but the Cody Lundin book 98.something degrees covers a lot more beneficial stuff I found
>>
>>649018
>hammering it into a reader that shelter and water are far higher up the ladder when it comes to 'survival' would be far more beneficial
This. And you're right about Cody Lundin. He was cast as a clown in Dual Survival, but I guess it was a part of the deal. He got a lot of publicity so maybe it was not such a bad deal after all.

It's all different Cody in 98.6 degrees.
>>
>>648985
holy fuck you're retarded
>>
>>649159
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6CZ2J8gJtk#t=13s
>>
>>648973
Which one do they use?
>>
>>649175
Their own.

The one you buy in bookstores was written by a former SAS member, but it is not the official training manual. It has been stripped down and rewritten for commercial use.
>>
File: 0.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>649018
>*rocks hand*

what the fuck is this faggoty?
>>
>>649200
Citation required
>>
>>649204
umm u do realize 4chan has been reddit 2.0 for life a year now rite haha lol?!??!?
>>
>>648952
NOW the cover might not reflect the quality of the contents - but it is still a concern that they feel their audience is iphone users : the ultimate run-flat phone.
Addressing a 'survival' book to people who will be delighted that they can read the book on the train on the way to forest ; Does make me question the veracity of the book.
I mean , fuck me , half the iphone users don't know about flight mode , and apparently 'battery saver' is a new "app" that just came out.
>>
>>648952
It's a good book to have around. Every time I go innawoods I take the pocket edition (in a ziplock bag) and just leave it in my backpack. Who knows, I might need it some day.
It has useful advice and it's generally worth it for 10$.

As for those who complain about the iPhone app - guys, it's just marketing. There's nothing abnormal about wanting to sell your product as much as you can.
>>
>>649200
>It has been stripped down and rewritten for commercial use.

Now I'm really curious what sort of super-secret technique the SAS developed for identifying edible plants that they don't want the Russians to know about.
>>
File: Survival techniques.jpg (50KB, 225x285px) Image search: [Google]
Survival techniques.jpg
50KB, 225x285px
>>649376
It's not about keeping secrets, it's about making it more readable and relatable to non-military/civilian readers.

OP's is written by Lofty Wiseman, a former SAS turned professional survival instructor. There's another written by Alexander Stilwell, who's written a series of military history and survival books.

There's another written by Berry Davies, BEM called the "Complete" SAS Survival Manual. And there's probably a few others I'm not thinking of.

They're all based on the actual SAS training, but they are not the actual manual the SAS uses.

Think of them like survival TV shows, they contain good information but they're not the same as a full survival training course.
>>
>>649429
>>649376
>>649206
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.