[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car camping Yellowstone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: image.gif (263KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
263KB, 600x300px
/out/

My wife and I are talking about doing a road trip to Yellowstone this summer (we're east coast). We want to do some car camping while we're out there.

My understanding is that there are no sites with a water spigot. What should we do about this? Also:

>general Yellowstone tips and tricks itt
>>
>>648932
>Car camping
Just buy a lot of bottled water if you fear you won't find enough.
And park your car in the shadow.
>>
Just stay home. If you can't figure out how to get water in a national park you shouldn't be driving. Or even breathing. Kill yourself.
>>
>>648932
Bottle water.

Also, double check their online site for permits, license, and reservations.

http://www.nps.gov/yell/faqs.htm
>>
I can see Yellowstone from my house.

Few tips for car camping:

Get there super early. Campgrounds fill up damn quick in the summer.

Don't camp in pull-outs or don't get caught doing so. Against Park rules if you get caught.

Depending on where you are camping there are general stores and gas stations you can buy water at. If you are camping somewhere more remote, bring a couple bottles/jugs of water.

Bring bear spray if hiking.

Don't leave food outside. Put it in your car (doors locked) or in a bear box.

Don't pet the bison.

Watch for Asians driving.

Hit up Lamar and Hayden Valleys early in the day for best animal watching and traffic conditions. Lamar Valley is probably my favorite spot in the Park.

Old Faithful is cool to see once but it is always crowded. I recommend sticking to a little less crowded areas. Fishing Bridge/Lake area is awesome.

Visit Grand Prismatic for sure.

Take on a wolf watching trip with the Yellowstone Association if that tickled your pickle.

Roads periodically close/are delayed due to construction, accidents, etc. so check road closings frequently.

Take your time. You will be caught in bison-jams and they'll be a lot of cars in front of you driving slow. Just enjoy the views out the windows and don't get too wound up over traffic.
>>
>>648932

Skip Yellowstone and stay at Signal Mountain Lodge in Grand Teton National Park.
>>
>>648989
>>648990
I'm more concerned about cleaning my cooking gear, anons.
>>
>>649065
dude how helpless are you. get a 5 gallon jug (or two) refill as needed from VC's and campgrounds

>>649026
Also, anon is correct, yellowstone blows (haha) unless you're backpacking.
>>
>>649026
Agreed, Yellowstone isn't the best. Grand Teton has fewer people and better scenery. Old Faithful is kind of a nightmare anyway.
>>
>>648932
>my wife and i
>>
>>649065
There are wash sinks at the campgrounds. Don't miss the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone with the upper and lower falls. They're more beautiful than the geysers and such. When we went, we spent three days in the south half of the park and three days in the north. It wasn't long enough in either location.

We camped the first night on the way up at Flagg Ranch between Yellowstone and Big Nipple parks. Went to bed July 3. Woke up July 4. Had to crack ice off the tent before I put it up.

>Be prepared for cold, and lots of it.
>Sit on the upstairs patio at the Old Faithful Inn and drink an adult beverage and hold your wife's hand to watch Old Faithful go off. Trust me.
>>
>>648990
>>649023
Good advice. Thanks!
>>
>>649081
Also great advice. Will do.

>>649073
I'm just making sure. I was told there were no wash sinks near the camping area.
>>
>>648932
I agree with these other guys to an extent. Yellowstone was way less /out/ than I thought it was gonna be. Worth seeing though, it's just that I thought it was gonna be a little more out and a little less /tourist/. The random bits of "crap I'm on an active volcanic area" stuff are pretty cool. Better natural areas in the area, desu.
>>
>>648932
>summer
Found your first mistake
>>
>>649079
/out/ != /r9k/
>>
File: black bear.png (597KB, 706x540px) Image search: [Google]
black bear.png
597KB, 706x540px
>>649264
>>649079
>>649079
We all know that OP is heading for a camping trip in cucktown.
Cuckystone park is a great place to have some yogi get all up in your wifes picnic basket
>>
File: 22litre water jerry can.jpg (156KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
22litre water jerry can.jpg
156KB, 1200x1200px
>>649073
>get a 5 gallon jug (or two) refill as needed
Yes - this works.
But don't get round "jugs" ; get like "jerry" can shaped water drums , the flat profile makes them easier to lift and carry because the CG is closer to your body [also available in smaller sizes], make sure it comes with a Tap ; and many are now 'wide-mouth' so that makes them easier to fill. [you may want to consider a short hose and connectors/adaptors as needed]]
>>
>>649285
Jesus Christ you dummy. He's not going on safari.

Buy two cases of water from Costco for $6 or a few gallons from Walmart and refill. No need to over think these things
>>
>>649023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDDQir5DDEA
>Don't pet the bison.
You sure? KEK
>>649065
Wash pans with stream water, crystal-clear, and if you worry about germs just heat them once more.
>>
>>649065

>Drinking water is normally available in all campgrounds with occasional exceptions.

Dude. Seriously kill yourself right now and post pictures
>>
>how do i camp outside
>where ...
>with what ...

plz stop these threads
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.