[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bonsai in Wisconsin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 7660233_f520.jpg (58KB, 520x780px) Image search: [Google]
7660233_f520.jpg
58KB, 520x780px
Anyone in the Milwaukee area know any good nurseries or garden centers that sell young trees <6 years sutible to outdoor bonsai?
>>
>>647559
I am in Waukesha and I am a avid plant caretaker, I have never found anything in Wisconsin that has really nice bonsai trees. You should contact this group.
http://www.milwaukeebonsai.org
>>
I'm in West Bend
I know of no good nurseries
>>
check out http://www.milwaukeebonsai.org/ they will likely be able to give you nice local recommendations ^_^
>>
>>647559
I can't help you with finding anything in your area but do any sc/out/s here have any info on bonsai for beginners? I'd love to decorate my desk or maybe my fireplace mantle with a bonsai.
>>
Just dropping by as a fellow WI sc/out/ :^), we exist.
>>
>>650046
>>648036
>>647910
>>647559
Who /muskego/ here?
Any good /out/ places by you?
>>
>>647559
Why are you buying? Ask a neighbor or relative if you can dig up any shrub or sapling from their land.
Generally want to pick out something that has small leaves.
>>
>>649844
What a romantic idea. But most bonsai are not meant to be long term indoor decor. Due to the extremely dry air and low light, most woody plants will have a very difficult time surviving indoors. It doesn't help that a bonsai is a plant subjected to the stress of poor soil and contained in a small pot to the point it is stunted and have trouble up-taking nutrients; Adding the indoor aspect is like a double whammy to the plant.

If you insist, try a ficus bonsai as these usually grown as indoor, normal houseplants. There's no guarantee that plant will survive long term on your mantleplace. Make sure it gets good lighting and you create a humid environment (spray bottle and/or bowl of water and rocks next to the plant).
>>
>>650286
I'm in muskego too! I was gonna try lambs when we get closer to growing season
>>
>>650286
Thee are no good /out/ places in WI
>>
>>650365
Nice, I've met quite a few people from Muskego on many boards, kinda weird.
What is the lambs though.
>>650601
Fuck you too.
>>
>>650286
Actually in Hales Corners so same as you
>>
>>650675
Yeah but I haven't been to much at all, not even around here. Whitnall park is pretty cool though.
>>
>>650679
Whitnall is fun to trounce around during winter, built an igloo on the river last year, the horicon marsh is a great hike if you haven't been
>>
>>650759
I have not yet, I'm planning on exploring the kettle moraine more right now.
>>
>>650608
It's a nursery off of Tess corners drive.
>>
>>651131
Why would you visit a nursery?
>>
>>650601
Is this true? I liked Nelson Dewey State Park quite a bit (although the coal plant down river is a HUGE eye-sore).

I always assumed there were nice places in the more northern counties, but I haven't gone up there very often.
>>
>>651292
It's not true at all dumbass he's just being a faggot. Wisconsin is the best /out/ state in the entire Midwest.
>>
>>651399
You know what?
My mom specifically told me to have a nice day, and I'm not going to let some bozo ruin it
>>
>>652080
Wait am I the bozo or is he the bozo?
He obviously has a bias against our state and doesn't respect our /out/doors, I just called you a dumbass lovingly.
I hope you had a nice day though
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.