[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Parka/coat thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (37KB, 476x610px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 476x610px
What are some really great parkas? I'm looking for a really great, versatile winter coat/parka that I can wear for /out/ stuff, and to work, pretty much anywhere. Ideally it would last me several years.

5.11 Tactical's parkas seem cool to me but idk anyone who has used them. I hear Canada Goose is good but expensive. Any recommendations?
>>
Were you looking for /fa/?
>>
>>644415
> rec

Canada Goose, you cheap motherfucker. You already said the best, you know it.

Cheap out and get The North Face Expedition, save yourself $500.
>>
Also interested in this. I don't want to spend $800 on a parka. Would rather spend closer to $100 since I'm just going to beat it up outdoors. Lowest temps I'll see will be around 0 F (gets colder than that here, but I don't camp if it's that low)
>>
>>644415
I'm currently waiting for my parka to arrive. Will inform about level of buyer's remorse. It's Helikon ECWCS Gen. I by the way.
>>
>>644415

n3-B snorkel parka can be had for relatively cheap if you go with a non-down version.
>>
>>644415
I wear a Northface McMurdo 2.
It's warm as hell.
>>
File: fox_river_reunion3_e345_E1.jpg (42KB, 620x357px) Image search: [Google]
fox_river_reunion3_e345_E1.jpg
42KB, 620x357px
>>644415
reminds me of pic related
>>
Personally, I wear army clothes outside. I have a Vietnam era waterproof jacket with a hood and for cold weather I have a canvas coat that's very heavy and lined with fleece. It's Swefish or Danish or something and from WW2. That coat is great, I wear it in -20 degree weather and I sweat.
>>
>>644691
> army
> Swedish
> Danish
> something
> WWII

Nice story. Kinda vague, dude.
>>
File: 91iVVIaVqGL._SL1500_.jpg (179KB, 1154x1500px) Image search: [Google]
91iVVIaVqGL._SL1500_.jpg
179KB, 1154x1500px
>>644415
Berghaus ulvetanna. Well made, loads of handy pockets and warm as fuck. Size down. Also consider woolrich if you're in the us. Their arctic parka is good
>>
>>644415
i have that exact one, even the same colour. have not yet had a chance to actually use it but the material seems pretty tough, wind/water proof and the entire thing is very light. the thing that really stood out for me was was the hood and the way the fur keeps shit out of your face

i can't really say how warm it's gonna be since winter is being a cunt and won't show up but i did wear it once at night when it was -4C and was just about right. i think it's intended to still have some warm clothing underneath with the main benefit of the coat being wind protection. when you actually look at it close up you can see they put a lot of attention into making sure the wind stays out
>>
Surely you want a parker to cover your buttocks / thighs? You lose a lot of heat from this area.

Above parka looks a little short for my liking.
>>
File: WM5A5179_wm5a5179c32.jpg (172KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
WM5A5179_wm5a5179c32.jpg
172KB, 1200x1200px
>>644415
some other anon had posted this before.

https://www.wilsonsleather.com/product/wilsons+leather+vintage+leather+bomber+jacket+w-+faux-shearling.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=fn
>>
File: F81379-633_0.jpg (81KB, 522x689px) Image search: [Google]
F81379-633_0.jpg
81KB, 522x689px
>>645581
my other choice is the fjallraven greenland winter parka. firstly for looks, secondly for the warmth I think it'd have. But I think with a sweater underneath it should be fine. If you're heading to the arctic buy a down jacket. Trust me on that. But too many assholes in Canada are walking around in Canada goose jackets when there's no need for that shit in -10C. I'd buy this jacket and then couple it with this. best part about the combo is you can use it in layers so you're not sweating like nuts in early spring and fall.
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/product/men-ultra-light-down-hooded-jacket-156562.html#09~/men/outerwear-and-blazers/ultra-light-down/water-defender-parkas/~
>>
>>644691
>lined with fleece
>from WW2
Pick one.
>>
>>645583
I would question the effectiveness of putting down underneath a heavier jacket like in your pic, since the weight of it would compress it, especially on the shoulders.
>>
>>645704
depends how heavy it is but long term it could actually end up making the down nearly useless
>>
>Canada Goose
Only worn by Arab immigrants here desu
>>
>>646103
Swede?
>>
>>646103
university kids and rich chinks have gave them a bad name. they really are quality coats but they are usually used as a status symbol these days
>>
>>646114
Canada goose hasn't been popular since the early 00's here in sweden man
>>
Burton makes great jackets and guarantees their parts for life.

the only problem i have had with my winter jacket in the past 4 years i have had it was a zipper broke- they mailed me out a better one the same day.
>>
>>646415
any idea on the pricing there atm? i seem to remember a few years back they were quite a bit cheaper in Europe

>>646424
>for life
products or persons? you gotta watch for that shit. more often then not it's the life of the product which can be whatever the fuck they say it is
>>
>>646103
>>646411
Canada Goose is alright depending on which jacket you buy.

If you want to look like an FOB arab/indian buy this:https://www.canada-goose.com/ca/en/chilliwack-bomber-7950M.html#start=1
(oh, and be sure to wear it unzipped. It goes great with some Converse All Stars and a Toronto Raptors cap)

If you want a jacket that can actually be used in Nunavut, buy this: https://www.canada-goose.com/ca/en/snow-mantra-parka-9501M.html#start=1
>>
>>646520
>Snow mantra parka
Jesus, what is that used for? Security guard for the North Pole? I feel like any amount of activity in that would be unbearable.
>>
>>646411
So that's what all the kids I see at school are wearing. It's been baffling me for years, with the funny little patch on the shoulder. Thought it was a cult or something.
>>
>>646520
i have the banff. good length, not too warm to work in and nice utility pockets

the bombers are fucking everywhere. i assume it's because they are the cheapest

>>646601
western university in London, Ontario are fucking full of kids running around with them(mostly bombers) and you'll see them pop up online every spring for like 1/2 price. i know a few people that have bought them from university students and they usually have a very strong alcohol smell so have to be dry cleaned before you can even wear it
>>
>>645581
>Not a parka
>No cuffs
>Breathability of a plastic bag
>Not even real fur
>Not even wool faux fur
>700$
Disgusting.
>>
File: north-face-moon-parka-1.jpg (122KB, 750x590px) Image search: [Google]
north-face-moon-parka-1.jpg
122KB, 750x590px
not using spiber webz
>>
File: woorlich.gif (3KB, 250x153px) Image search: [Google]
woorlich.gif
3KB, 250x153px
just get a woolrich poorfag..
>>
>>644415
Arcteryx master m80
>>
File: Atom-SV-Hoody-Crocodile.png (242KB, 450x500px) Image search: [Google]
Atom-SV-Hoody-Crocodile.png
242KB, 450x500px
>>647883
Oops, forgot picture

They are also cheaper than your fancy Canada goose jackets and are more hardy for innawoods adventures
>>
>>647293
it looks like fucking plastic
>>
File: nf mount logan.jpg (43KB, 638x745px) Image search: [Google]
nf mount logan.jpg
43KB, 638x745px
i use the newer version of this one

warm as a goose brand except half the price. waterproof, lightweight, etc.
>>
>>647887
The Atom SV is super nice but it isn't durable. It's very light weight.
>>
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/original-mountain-man-hooded-wool-capote?a=585812
Anyone have one of these? Seems like it'd be pretty comfy but I can't find any temperature ratings for it and I don't know if the wool is of good quality.
>>
>>644691
1982 bundeswehr parka here. Good times
>>
>>649272
yeah. have a 1986 parka.
wouldn't fully recommend it for really cold weather.
Insulation can't compare to down or thinsulate.
>>
>>646588
when it's -50 its needed, you need to be in the far north or it's retarded overkill
>>
>>645581
>faux fur
>made in China
>open cuffs
>$700

What the fuck...
>>
Honestly the closest thing I use to a parka is my Grandad's M65. I just layer under it with its liner and the polartec fleece I was issued plus some thermals. Boom, toasty at -20°F if I have good boots on. Still have his parka in a closet though, same vintage I think.
>>
>>646411
This. I've never seen a non-Asian kid wearing CG on my campus.
>>
>>650543
it's too bad they are getting such a shitty rep. they really do make a good product but a few celebrities give them advertising and next thing you know everyone and their mother runs out to buy a fucking coat. to make things even worse most just buy the cheapest which is the bomber so not only is everyone wearing the brand but also the exact same fucking style
>>
>>647697
I have never owned a piece of woolrich clothing that wasn't damn good quality and very comfortable.
>>
>>647697
>$2000 parka
>doesn't even have a hood
what the fuck? how can they not have one of the most important parts of a fucking coat?
>>
File: bw_parka_olive_1.jpg (62KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
bw_parka_olive_1.jpg
62KB, 500x500px
Got one of pic related at a church thrift store several years ago, and it's still holding strong.
It's really warm and comfy, and also has an inner lining you can remove.
>>
>>652072
i don't know what it is but i've always hated coats with removable liners
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 480x360px
Shits mad expensive
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.