[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /out/, my mission here is to find out as much as i can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10

File: images.jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 259x194px
Hello /out/, my mission here is to find out as much as i can about /out/, i was sent here from b/ since i rolled 65 in a thread in which number you roll determines where will you spent next seven days on 4chan.

So, can you introduce yourselves? What is this section of 4chan about? What do you do?
>>
File: The worst trailer ever told..jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
The worst trailer ever told..jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
How do we know you are not a radicalized mudkip here to make the cyber terrorism on our women and children?
>>
File: 1446225623366.jpg (42KB, 495x636px) Image search: [Google]
1446225623366.jpg
42KB, 495x636px
>>642843
>this thread is literally the cancer killing 4chan
I usually welcome new people but you sir are a faggot. now if you have noting /out/realted to post fuck off
>>
>>642847
Stop posting my pic of my tiny house you stalker mitherfucker! I swear to God if you come near me I will spray you in the face xith wasp spray and shoot you in the dick, you fucking asshole!

Op fuck you too, you fucking rape fantasy teen beatoff machine! Grow the fuck up!
>>
>>642843
Hey I was in that thread. Welcome to /out/ you'll see that this board focuses on the outdoors and the like.

For many years I was an avid hunter of deer (white tail) and turkey. I moved onto fishing for a while, fresh then salt. I've always been into camping and hiking.

We typically have a wide variety of threads going and more often than not, several threads about the same topic (keep /out/ tidy and use the catalog before starting new threads please). The community here is generally helpful, but much like the rest of 4chan (or at least the boards I used to frequent), the fappening, the snappening, and the reddit exodus have had a negative impact because so many people go to /b/ and think that it's ok to act like a /b/tard on every board. Unfortunately we have threads that really have no place here and also have threads that get severely derailed into non /out/ topics, if there are janitors or mods assigned to /out/ they must really not give a shit.

Lastly, /b/tards like to tell other /b/tards to "get >>>/out/" Feel free to tell obvious trolling /b/tards to "go >>>/b/ack" there was a time when none of this was a real concern, that time is gone. Too many newsc/out/s want this to be /b/ Jr with an /out/doors theme.

Do you enjoy any outdoors activities?
>>
>>642855
>>this thread is literally the cancer killing 4chan
>I usually welcome new people but you sir are a faggot. now if you have noting /out/realted to post fuck off

Holy shit what is your problem? Op made a post explaining that he wanted to learn about this board and the people that frequent it. How the fuck is that the cancer that is killing 4chan?
>>
>>642858
>Too many newsc/out/s want this to be /b/ Jr with an /out/doors theme

That is what every board on 4chan is supposed to be anon.
This place was never , ever what moot envisioned. We took it from him long ago. This is no sanitized playground. If thats what you want go find some REI sponsored chatroom somewhere.
4chan is an awful place.
>>
>>642864
You're gonna need bigger bait than that
>>
File: out-mora-bic-fedora.jpg (676KB, 1128x752px) Image search: [Google]
out-mora-bic-fedora.jpg
676KB, 1128x752px
>>642843
>Knives, multitools >buy a mora
>Circlejerking over various "survivalist" youtubers
>fires >bic lighter
>bunch of car campers, lots of casuals
>a few people who never go outside but pretend to be experts
>even fewer that do know their shit
>>
File: tumblr_ni37gtIqWM1spdt2jo3_1280.jpg (85KB, 650x487px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ni37gtIqWM1spdt2jo3_1280.jpg
85KB, 650x487px
>>642874
I should add that even with all the autists, it is a good board.
Leave your /b/ shit in /b/, look around, use the catalog, and enjoy your stay.

Maybe even get >>>/out/ side for a little while.

>Select all images with mountains
>>
File: 31q5HzTt7iL._SL1500_.jpg (9KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
31q5HzTt7iL._SL1500_.jpg
9KB, 500x333px
>>642864
For a brief shining moment /out/ was an incredible board. It has deteriated into knife/bugout/Mcandless threads.

You use to be able to get practical advice from anons with actual experience in the outdoors. Lurkers from other boards have found their way here. They are inteigued by the idea of going /out/ but have never actually been camping/hiking/fishing. They watch survivorman and youtubers like alfie and mcqbushcraft. They gather "theoretical" experience and shitpost non stop.
Do you think its a coincidence that MCQbushcraft gets a lk35 pack and now we have multiple lk35 threads?

TL:DR /out/ is mostly comprised of anons who dont actually go /out/, have no experience, but will post advice anyway.
>>
>>642881
>For a brief shining moment /out/ was an incredible board. It has deteriated into knife/bugout/Mcandless threads.
Let's not forget mgtow threads, and lmao about lk35

>why do I keep hearing about this?

Thanks for the answer
>>
>>642843
FYI most of the links in the sticky are dead/outdated. There are still some helpful /out/doorsmen here though so feel free to ask if you're looking for specific information. This is a slow board (unless you're arguing with someone) so no need to bump the thread unless it's about to fall off
>>
>>642862
>from /b
enough said
>>
>>642893
> 7 days of /b/
> mfw on the first day of xmas my true love gave to me
> /b/
>>
>>642857
You cycle this thing around ? Wow I take my hat off to you.
>>
>>642898
fuck off
>>
>>642893
You're a classic example of a /b/tard, congratulations
>>
>>642912
Could u bait any harder faggot
Please just go back to reddit and stay there
>>
>>643133
More confirmation

See what i'm talking about op?
>>
>>642912
How am I a /b/tard when I'm clearly implying that there all reddit teir assholes
>>
>>642898
Stop putting space after >
It triggers me.
>>
>>643269
> you are gonna have a bad time
>>
File: 646.png (310KB, 427x330px) Image search: [Google]
646.png
310KB, 427x330px
guaranteed responses:
>moras
>paracord
>hammocks
>tarps
>batonning
>mgtow
>mccandless
>kroenke
>molle
>axes
>guns
>cairns

guaranteed no responses:
>oc
>reasonable questions
>pertinent, helpful, knowledgeable advice

soooo, basically exactly like every other board here
>pic related
>>
Besides this thread being literal cancer it reminds us that most anons from most boards started from /b/ no matter how much they tell others to hate it. It's funny how little most /b/tards know about the world outside their board. Of course I am not speaking for every anon but from my experiences /b/ is like the 12 year old edgelord phase we have that we all know happened but want to forget about. In a way if it wasn't for /b/ I doubt 4chan would get half the recognition it does. Recognition is a double edged sword, you bring in (mostly) shitposters but you can also have ok anons who come for god knows why but they do contribute to the boards and like the quote "wading through shit for diamonds" but this is just my opinion for /b/
>>
>>643606
>if it wasn't for /b/ I doubt 4chan would get half the recognition it does

Without /b/ 4chan would have perished long ago. It would have just been some kids weird project on the internet.
If /b/ had never caught fire , no one would have ever heard of moot.
He would be flipping burgers somewhere and struggling through his last few semesters of part time community college.
>>
>>643269
> ----->>>> sorry
>>
>>642857
Is this a parody of bear girl?
>>
>>642881
Not everyone anon, but most yes.

The gearqueering has got pretty bad, and the drug threads are a little annoying. I wish people could stick to just one mushroom ID thread.
>>
>>643756
>Not everyone anon, but most yes.
Strange phrasing on my part, I'm trying to say I agree.
>>
>>643752
>>643752
My sides!
I will forever read her posts in that voice now.

> stop raping my kayak!!1!!1!!
>>
File: 1444753292517.png (141KB, 2212x2212px) Image search: [Google]
1444753292517.png
141KB, 2212x2212px
>>642843
Welcome to /out/, a place to discuss all kinds of outdoor topics.

Sometimes people get mad and yell. Sometimes people take things too seriously. Sometimes people suggest wearing long johns without underwear and they're just insane.

We get plenty of threads about Moras, and plenty about stupid us less bushcraft stuff, but it's not all that bad. Even bad threads can have good info.

I go /out/. I hike, backpack, and camp. I also hunt (mostly small game) and fish (lakes mostly). I think most people on here go /out/ some, although you do get people who have no clue what they're doing. Once a week a guy comes on here who lives with his parents, is considering moving out and becoming homeless, and comes here to ask advice about what tent to live in. We tell him to not be an idiot and keep a roof over his heas, he disagrees and prob lives in a tent now and poops in a hole he dug.

If you ever go /out/, stick around, we can use more sc/outs/. If you have never been /out/, make a new thread asking how to get started, we have good advice.
>>
>>642864
4chan is an awful, and that's why I love it!
>>
>>643845
>people suggest wearing long johns without underwear and they're just insane.

You're insane for wearing underwear with your long john silvers
>>
>>644015
STP CALLING THEM THAT!!!
YOU CAN'T JUST MAKE UP WORDS!
>>
-We like camping and hiking
-Some of us like gardening and homesteading
-Some of us like hunting and shooting, but some of us hate it and hate gun owners/hunters (pretty sure it's mostly ironic, but I can never tell for sure)
-We have a lot of crossover with /k/
-We like patches
-We are way too fucking obsessed with knives and bladed tools holy shit in the worst days literally 80% of the front page was knife/axe threads
>>
>>644018
AM I BEING DETAINED
>>
File: 1359742340213.jpg (36KB, 526x482px) Image search: [Google]
1359742340213.jpg
36KB, 526x482px
>>642843
>find out as much as i can about /out/
literally lurk mora
>>
Let's help him plan a day trip this week, so he can check back with pics before the 7 days are up
>>
>>642843
It's been seven days op. What did you learn?
>>
>>646049
Well? We're waiting!
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.