[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car Survival/Minimum

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: nyssa1144.jpg (254KB, 846x960px) Image search: [Google]
nyssa1144.jpg
254KB, 846x960px
What do you put in your trunk for short term survival?/like... change for tolls.. another outfit if you spill on your clothes before work.. car breaking down,? what do you keep in your trunk. total newie.. so dont bash
>>
>>641789

You should check out /diy/ there is already a long thread going on about this.
>>
>>641789
during winter i keep a carhart jacket, snow pants, emergency blanket, and some rain gear (poncho, etc). Also a spare pair of boots, fire stuff, first aid, and always have a bunch of granola bars for school snacks. Extra school supplies, usually have chainsaw and ppe's in car just because use it so much this time of year
>>
>>641856
You are pretty much sorter but you are missing a few things

-shovel
-axe
-knife
-better food
-jet pack (optional)
>>
>>641789
Strider PT
Busse Combat SFNO

S&W M&P 9mm w/Apex trigger
2 spare mag for above
KT Mech holster for above

100' 550 paracord
300 yd spool 30# powerpro fishing braid
Travel fishing pole
10 snare locks

2 Leatherman Supertools
Socket set and ratchet
16oz framing hammer
24" pry bar
Standard screwdriver
Phillips screwdriver
Hex key set

100' Bailing wire
Roll gorilla tape

First aid kit
4 IBDs
Survival blanket
Combat application tourniquet
SAM splint
HALO seal pack

ENO hammock
JRB Washington 4 quilt
HG Cuben standard tarp

Bic lighter
USGI mag block
Baddest bee fire kit

Sawyer mini kit
Collapsible water bladder
Aqua pure tabs
20 Coffee filters

4 Datrex 3600 food bars
6 PackIt gourmet meals
10 12oz bottles water
Jetboil minimo
Long handled spork
6 Starbucks Via

Surefire PX3
Surefire minimus vision
6 Panasonic NCR18650B

Magid nitrile dipped dyneema gloves
Filson wool lined leather gloves
Kuiu superdown jacket
Kuiu chugach rain jacket
Filson wool cap
Asolo agent GV shoes
Oakley Juliet sunglasses
SOE gear cobra duty belt

Some napkins my GF left in the glove box

Southord C2010 lockpick set
$500 USD in $20 bills
$500 USD in $100 bills
$10 quarters
20 silver eagles
10 gold eagles

Probably some other stuff I am forgetting. Think I should carry more water but the truck box is full so I would have to get a bigger one cause I have to lock this stuff all up.
>>
>>641789
Currently in my trunk:
Shovel, axe, pickaxe, sledgehammer, splitting wedge, tool bag containing wrenches/ratchet/sockets/hammer/screwdrivers/files/rags, first aid kit, chunk of seasoned black walnut around 18x15x8", ice scraper, gallon gas can (empty), blankets, change of clothes for wife and self, various automotive fluids (oil, trans, brake, antifreeze, washer), can of wd40, can of lock de-icer, bottle jack, spare tire, 100 feet of paracord, 2x4x10" board, bag of sand, 8' dome tent, ground tarp, 2 ground pads, 2 sleeping bags, 2 flashlights (6v lantern battery kind), 10pack Mylar blankets, 5pack bic lighters, bundle of kindling, film canister full of vaseline-soaked cotton balls, fishing poles, tackle box, 12ga mossberg, 50 slugs, 25 #000 buckshot, 25 #1 birdshot. Maybe it's time to clean out my trunk.
>>
I don't really purposefully keep survival stuff in my trunk, it just kind of happens lol.

Right now my trunk has:
Small ice chest with water bottles
Charcoal and lighter fluid
Cast iron frying pan
Knife and multitool
Tarp
Twine
Rain jacket
Blanket
Towels
30' of good rope
Primitive slackline with 75'+ of nylon webbing
Hammock and hanging shit
Archery targets
A kayak paddle
A seat for the kayak
A pair of chacos
Geological hammer
Compass/bottle opener
A kite
A bunch of empty beer cases

Probably a bunch of other crap, but that's all I remember off the top of my head. Pretty sure I could survive with that crap.

Oh and there's also a solar/wind up radio/flashlight, and a portable backgammon set.
>>
>>641867
$500 in $20's and you still only carry 3 mags and a wonder nine? Also: I'm glad you've at least seen the powerpoint on CLS, but you're probably going to want some over-the-counter band-aids and ibuprofen/acetaminophen, not to mention splints, cohesive dressing and curlex. Might want to cover the basics of burns and breaks before you apply hemostatic agents.
>>
I always keep in my car;

>extra gasoline
>firearm
>change of clothes
>knife
>flashlight
>paracord
>first aid
>phone charger
>$10
>>
File: gas siphon pump.jpg (160KB, 680x426px) Image search: [Google]
gas siphon pump.jpg
160KB, 680x426px
I don’t think anybody has mentioned keeping a siphon in their vehicle.
>>
quit posting breeders
>>
Sleeping bag, cheap auto repair kit, a knife, first aid kit, and my card for roadside assistance. Will be adding my folding shovel for the winter.
>>
>>642081
Also forgot I have a backpack with minimalist survival supplies.
>>
>>642019
No she's pregnant, you don't need to inflate her manually.
>>
>>641789
more of OP's girl on /b/ preggo thread.
>>
>>642068
Preggos are sooo fucking hot! I just want to feel thier bellies and eat them out!
>>
>>642116
>>642438
I know what I'd stuff in her trunk.
>>
>>641867

/k/ goes /out/side.
>>
File: IMG_20151127_123031070_HDR-L.jpg (87KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151127_123031070_HDR-L.jpg
87KB, 800x533px
>I don't even have a trunk

Honestly don't keep that much in my truck all the time.
Ice scraper, toolbox with 2" hitch (2-5/16 lives in the receiver), trailer ball wrench, winch remote, gloves, tiedowns, fuses, cheap multimeter, flares, duct tape, cotter pins, wire...
Center console's got my code reader, tire gauges, log book... phone charger, cables, bunch of little shit... car wash tokens...

Keep your shit in good condition, you won't need to wrench on the side of the road.

When I travel, I'm usually bringing tools/gear/etc anyways, most of that I can use on the truck if I have to. Same for fuel, if i'm going out for more than a day I've usually got 10+ gallons of fuel with me I can run in the truck. Gear/clothing, same. Travelling in the winter, I've got my snowmobiling pack with me, which has everything I need to spend a night in the woods on my sled, so a night in the truck isn't a big deal.

"Best kit" really depends on where you're going and what you're doing with the vehicle.
What I'd take with me for a day or three in the woods through the summer would look fairly different from what I'd have in there for a 28-hour winter road trip.

Don't overthink it.
>>
>>641789
spare set of clothes and boots
1L of motor oil
4L of coolant
car lighter air pump
flat tire fix spray can
small ratchet set
candle
lighter
small solar flashlight hanging from rearview mirror and one of those things to shatter glass
first aid kid
metal water bottle
several blankets
heavy ratchet cargo belt for towing
helluva maps
>>
>>642116
> 404'ed

>>642444

Would someone pls post more preggo s/ itt?
>>
>>641867
>100' Bailing wire
Mah niggah
>>
>>641967
Add a tarp to that list bud.
>>
>>642581
Start a thread on /s/.
>>
>>641858
>-jet pack (optional)
No. I farted wearing mine and ended up in the burn ward for months for 2nd degree burns to my anus and colon. Not fun, would not advise.
>>
>>642664
shes on there anon
>>
>>642664
No. Op pic and I say more!

>>643035
Link?
>>
>>643117
>>>16324973
>>
>>643117
oops pregnancy thread on /s/ >>16324973
>>
>>641789

I live in North Wales and I got stuck in the snow a few years back after bouncing off a wall- it took hours for someone to be able to get me out of where I was, so now in the winter I go prepared. in light of the recent flooding ( were they had to open up a refuge centre for people cut off at certain parts of my island) I feel pretty damn vindicated now

Our car has what we call the 'breakdown box' it's a 40ltr plastic tubs with a lid that live on the back seat

inside we have

Jump leads,
A little compressor for tyres,
Lanterns, and a few of glow sticks
Bottles of water, 3 x 2ltr
Tyre weld,
Blankets, and a woobie poncho liner
A gas stove( obv with fuel), kettle,a stainless MSR cookset 3 flexi folding cups, plastic bowls and sporks
Food (packets of noodles, a can of soup, some jerky, 3-in-1 coffee, a 60ml Nalgene of olive oil, a packet of knock off Snickers, and some of that super concentrated cordial in a little bottle)
1st aid kit, a beefed up AMK Ultralight & Watertight 0.5 ( has mylar blankets ect)
Waterproofs, jacket and trousers (for me and wife) and those slip over your shoes mini crampon things
Spare charging gear for phones,
A folding shovel (MilSurp)
10M of 2000kg breaking strain rope (the blue nasty stuff) ( not actually in the box, loose in the boot)
Tyre boards ( for snow, or soggy ground)
A fresh roll of duct tape,
A few random Clipper lighters
A spare walking stick for me,
A pack of wetwipes
Several thick black bin bags
3, £10 notes taped to the inner lid of the box in resealable sandwich bags
A set of spare clothes each, and an extra set of underwear plus toilettes and 72 hours worth of my medication ( in a holdall )
A full 5ltr can of petrol+ funnel (loose in boot)

The idea being that if we can't get ourselves out of a fix, we can at least be comfortable (potentially overnight) if I had to wait for someone go get to us in the winter, or we got stuck somewhere. We try to keep the car at least 1/2 full with fuel too.
>>
>>643344
oh just remembered there's a Leatherman Surge, a packet of pro+, and some Rowntree's Fruit Pastilles my drivers' side glove box, no idea what junk (Taylor Swift Cds?!?) my wife has stored in the passenger side
>>
>>642719
Maximum kek
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.