[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Outdoor Christmas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: vwI2Tctb.jpg (22KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
vwI2Tctb.jpg
22KB, 160x160px
Hello /out/

I am wanting to buy my neighbors boys (6-8 not exactly sure) something for Christmas. I am hoping you all have run into some cool items out on the internet, that would make cool gifts for outdoorsy kids. We live out in the country, and they spend most of their time when its warm outside with their dad gardening or just playing in the dirt.

MREs would actually make the parents laugh but arent much fun to play with, so those sorts of joke ideas are welcome for lulz but mostly looking for something original and cool for some kids that already have tonka trucks and dirt out the wazoo.

And yes they will both get a surprise .22 bolt action in a few years. Im the fun uncle with no nephews. Or would like to be.
>>
And while I dont think this is the type of board to go there, while I am at it no I am not trying to force myself into their family or some shit. I give them squirrel tails all the time.
>>
A nice shovel, boots, rc car, airsoft or paintball gun, work gloves. What state do you live in?
>>
>>640776
RC cars are cheap now, and they can have a lot of fun with.

What about a cheap tent? They're cheap at walmart. Maybe they'd just sleep outside one night with their dad, or just pitch it up in the yard and pretend camp. They're pretty young to really enjoy it properly, but never too young to start.
>>
>>640804
I wouldn't get a tent, too boring.
>>
OP here

Was looking for something that doesnt make a mess, wont break anything, and is at least somewhat useable on a snowy Christmas day. So anything that shoots is probably out. I think they are too young as well to be able to use them.

More I think about it, I might go with a two seater fancy power wheels buggy. Tent is a good idea for them I would think. I dont think it would be too boring, I loved mine when I was a kid.

RC cars would be a good idea if I get a couple heavy duty ones that could be used outside. I always think of the parents in situations like this and that could get annoying fast.

Thanks for the help so far.
>>
>>640828
I always wanted a power wheels growing up, never got one since we were pretty poor. Later on family was much, much better off financially, but by then I had outgrown the power wheels. God damn if I don't look at them in envy whenever I see one as an adult.
>>
>>640834
Yeah thats part of it. They dont have a ton of money so something large that they might not be able to get, or would be their christmas budget in one present would be good.

They have a power wheels but it is older, and one of the super cheap plastic versions. I am pretty sure in most terrain the big wheels get around better.

I cant wait until they are older and I can put a couple .22s next to the front door. Completely disassembled of course :)
>>
>>640462
a zippo? maybe a nice axe, you could get them a swiss army knife or a tent rc helicopters are always fun what's your budget like
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I got my SAK for Christmas when I was 6. Grandmother and her husband had us over the farm and he handed me it along with his old razor block. I carry it every day. Maybe they'll be too young to appreciate it but maybe not. Worth a thought.

What are we all doing for Christmas? If my gf is stuck with her parents I'll probably walk to the beach, get in my kayak and paddle to a pub or some shit. Sounds a laugh
>>
No one thinks this is creepy as fuck? unless you have kids of a similar age you sound like a molester
>>
>>640462
Hatchets or pocket knives.
>>
File: hugemexitits.png (2MB, 1440x1422px) Image search: [Google]
hugemexitits.png
2MB, 1440x1422px
>>641692
That's a great story m8...I just bought my first SAK on black friday, after coming to the realization that carrying around a large hunting knife for camping/backpacking is completely fucking retarded.

I use the toothpick attachment erry day :^)
>>
>>641704
Not really. Depends how good friends op is with the parents. My friends would have no issue with me buying his kids something. I would find it creepy if someone I barely knew got them something though.
>>
>>641706
Which SAK did you get? I personally don't like knives with lots of stuff on them. I like a slim profile. My father nearly destroyed my SAK so I'm considering getting a svord peasant mini for edc
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>641709
>>641706
Me again. The damage my father did was with a bench grinder. He was "sharpening" it for me. It ended looking like a kris. I had to grind off even more blade for it to be straight and resharpen it. Hurt my heart. Compare that to the shape of your SAK
>>
>>641713
Fuck yeah sak bros, I recently just got my first real victorinox. These are the coolest little knives I've ever seen
>>
BInoculars
>>
>>641750
Nice. I love mine but I want a uk legal edc that's a classic wooden look
>>
File: DSCN4095.jpg (3MB, 4794x1392px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4095.jpg
3MB, 4794x1392px
>>641713
>>641750
SAK Bros what up

This is my Victorinox Hercules Model.
Kinda hefty, but it feels nice in my palm and the tools are useful.
I haven't used the pliers for anything serious (you don't really buy a SAK for pliers, you buy Leathermans for pliers)
I mostly carry it just in case something happens, be it a mugger or something that just needs to be cut/screwed/sawed/opened
>>
File: 4056.jpg (27KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
4056.jpg
27KB, 180x180px
How about geodes, or fossils?
We have some great geodes and rare fossils that would inspire any outdoorsy youngster.
http://www.americangeode.com/herkimer.php
http://www.americangeode.com/fossils.php
>>
>>641704
Do you have no close friends anon? I buy my best bud's daughter a christmas and Bday present. This is normal adult behavior.
>>
>>641880
If its your best friends kid then maybe, but I think its pretty fucking weird to be buying your neighbours kids stuff. All I know is that shit doesn't go on where I live and people would tell you to get lost
>>
>>641882
I feel sorry for you. In rural areas, people are really friendly. They'll wave to strangers driving by, drop off baked goods to one another, help people change flat tires. If you want friends, you have to be friendly.

It's only creepy if the OP buys a video game console for the kids that they can only play in his basement. Otherwise, there's nothing wrong with giving a gift that the children can play with in the presence of their parents. Bonus points for giving a gift that doesn't annoy the parents (like a drum set).

Doing nice things tor other people is a sign of maturity and goodwill. Also as you grow older you will (hopefully) want to mentor younger people, and put a smile on their faces. It's hard to appreciate when you're younger, when you get older and don't have kids, you want to do something for someone like you would if you had your own kids. What's the point of having a great job and money in the bank, if you can't do something nice with the money for someone else. A lot of couples with young children don't have much disposable income, so this can be a really nice gesture.
>>
>>641816
Me again (black SAK guy)
Very very nice. I just like having a very slim handle since I like the blade being central and not offset. After my father benchgrinded my SAK I'm considering getting a svord peasent mini.

Op there's another idea. You could always get them an experience? Like take the family out hiking for a day or camping. Something like that. My family and friends all go for a long hike and pub meal the day after boxing day. Look forward to it more than christmas
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.