[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a Wilderness first Responder course worth the money? I can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: wfr.jpg (10KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
wfr.jpg
10KB, 275x183px
Is a Wilderness first Responder course worth the money?
I can afford this course, but not EMT courses.
It seems like a camping trip with some medical instruction?
I would like anyones input before i spend hard earned cash.
>standing in local community college app line
>girl behind passes out
>smacks the hard concrete head first
>i stand there dick in hand
I dont want that to happen agian.
>>
It's worth the money if you plan on getting a job where you'll get paid more to have WFR training. If not, then it probably isn't worth the money.

If you are strapped for cash you should just buy a book on first aid and learn that way.
>>
>>639187
> passes out
> dick in hand

Well you should have fucked her, sounds like you were ready!
>>
>>639191
You are what is wrong with the world.

Kill yourself
>>
bumping in hopes of not retarded posts
>>
>>639208
With WFR training all you'd have done is:
ask if she wants assistance
immobilize spine
direct pressure to head if it was bleeding
ask her questions like what day is it, what was she doing etc to make sure she isn't concussed

Legally you aren't allowed to do much with WFR training because it is only for wilderness and not applicable when real medical assistance is less than an hour away. You do get CPR certification, but you can get it for cheaper by just doing a CPR course.
>>
>>639210
>Legally you aren't allowed to do much with WFR training because it is only for wilderness and not applicable when real medical assistance is less than an hour away.
LOL what fucking law school did you go to?
>>
EMT here

Just go get Red Cross CPR/first aid certified. It's about all anyone can do legally, even me.
It just takes a day and costs about $50.
>>
>>639224
Do you even know what the course includes?
>>
Paramedic here. Second the opinion to just get CPR/first aid.

You'll learn a few things. There's not much you'd have done for a girl passing out anyways.
>>
>>639231
>>639224
>not sc/out/s at all
>>
>>639228
http://www.redcross.org/m/take-a-class/program-highlights/cpr-first-aid#arcmobile
>>
>>639187
why the fuck do you masturbate when a girl passes out?
>>
>>639187

RN fag here. Like said before in the topic. Just go get your first aid and cpr cert. That is much helpful than the wilderness crap.

If you really dead set on getting your wild training, go do that too.
>>
File: DSC00193.jpg (156KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00193.jpg
156KB, 800x600px
If you've got the money and want to do it, go for it. Buddy did it a year or two ago and really enjoyed it.

I stick with First Aid/CPR/AED; most of the guys I ride with all carry that. Very few are WFR.

What do you really want to get out of it though? Are you in a position (Guide, instructor, crew leader, whatever) where you need that?
Can you get work to pay for it (or a basic First Aid class)?

I'd go with a basic first aid/CPR class, then do WFR if you still want to go beyond FA/CPR/AED.
>>
>>639203
He was being flippant.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.