[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tent Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 15

File: dm_10[1].jpg (92KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
dm_10[1].jpg
92KB, 640x360px
General tent and shelter thread

I'm having a hard time deciding on which tarp tent to get. I'm concerned about condensation due to the single-wall design, so I'm leaning toward pic related (double moment). However I'm not sure how legitimate my concern is so I'm also considering the Stratospire 2, Squall 2, and Rainshadow 2. If anyone has experience with tarptent and can tell me about the model you have I would really appreciate it.
>>
>>638221
Also, the reasoning for the Double Moment is that it has a fully separate rainfly and the roof of the interior component is solid. Their other tents are either single wall or the interior has a mesh roof.

I'm not really concerned about weight, since even the heaviest tarptents are still pretty light. The biggest limiting factor is probably making sure that I have sufficient room to set it up in the woods.
>>
How come outdoor people dont just make temp lodging out of branchs and sticks? Why use tents?
>>
>>638298
Presumably it's a matter of convenience.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-20-19-46-48.png (45KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-20-19-46-48.png
45KB, 320x480px
>>638222
Interesting tent I will research.

Was looking at pic related for myself. Can be had with poles or used with trekking poles, 2#.
>>
>>638298
As the other anon said, convenience, but also tents are more effective, and don't require you to damage the area in order to have a shelter.
>>
>>638304
Whats your budget? Tarptents are generally $250-350 and if you can afford that for a tent they are superb, even their huge 3 person tents are barely over 3 pounds.
>>
>>638298
I like nature but I like having my little safe zone. Fuck having bugs in your bed. Also some animals straight up don't give a fuck, slept in an A frame and have had raccoon and oppossums just walk right through.
>>
>>638316
>right through
lol
>>
>>638221
Just get a hammock
>>
File: Sticks_added_to_side[1].jpg (103KB, 621x416px) Image search: [Google]
Sticks_added_to_side[1].jpg
103KB, 621x416px
>>638324
it was a simple man-made permanent shelter, like you might see along the Appalachian Trail and other such areas.

was NOT pic related.
>>
>>638307
Pic related is about $220, so in the range.
>>
>>638333
>simple

That shit takes more than an hour to build mang
>>
>>638221
Supposedly the Scarp [ https://www.tarptent.com/scarp1.html ] holds up better in wind than the double moment; difficult to choose between the two, but I think I might lean toward the Scarp for a go-to 4-searson solution
>>
>>638355
I'm inclined to agree, but I hesitate because the Scarp is their heaviest and most expensive model.
>>
>>638221
Anon, for someone like myself. who motorcycle camps. I tend to not care as much about weight as if I had to actually carry it on my back. So I tend to go to heavier tents, but heavier is not always bad, when it rains it acts less like a drum when the rain hits it, I personally hate how loud some of the ultra light tents get when it rains, and I get rained on a lot.. typically if you have a super small light weight tent, having a second light weight tarp is a life saver, put that bitch like 4 feet above the top of your tent. helps reduce the rain drop noise a lot.

yeah yeah, I know just as bad as car camping eh? you do 400 mile days + no windscreen plus a motorcycle that barely wants to go over 80mph and lets see how "easy" it is.
>>
>>638384
N-no I have no problem with car camping. My dad has camped in almost every national park from his motorcycle. However I do care about weight because I mostly backpack, and I'll keep that tarp trick in mind, thanks. What kind of bike do you have?
>>
>>638221
I remember camping one time in the mountains. It rained pretty hard at night and I was the only dry person come morning. Make sure the outer layer completely covers the tent. That wind can and will blow the rain under any canopy that does not cover up every inch of tent.
>>
For you solo tent people do you pack your tent in the bag it came in or do you pack the components separately ?
>>
>>638369
It's their heaviest at 62oz (3.875ibs) with optional support poles (for above tree line use / windy conditions) but even that is significantly lighter than most other options out there.

What does /out/ recommend for rainy UK/Scotland conditions?
>>
>>638472
Yeah I know. The main thing for me is cost. Shipped with the cross poles and seam sealed is about $500.
>>
>>638221

From what I've seen of the Moment, you would only really want to use it in below-treeline three-season so you may as well get a Rainbow, or go to a Scarp if you want four-season.
>>
>>638472

Most tarptents are designed for "thru-hiker" curated trail conditions. From what I've seen British weather throws extended rain and exposed conditions, and I'd only consider a Scarp for that mostly because you can use a fabric inner. Really for those conditions a PU tent would be good.

http://www.expedlife.com/2012/06/rainy-weather-tent-design.html

http://bushwalkingnsw.org.au/clubsites/FAQ/FAQ_SiliconeVsPU.htm
>>
>>638500
My thinking with the moment was that it provides slightly better protection from rain than the rainbow. Rain is not inherent to winter.
>>
>>638522

I was looking into tarptents a while back and from what I understand, the rainbow is pretty good in strong wind if you can setup with a stable prevailing wind whereas the moment isn't so great in wind.
>>
>>638524
I mostly backpack in pretty heavily forested areas. I dont think anywhere in my half of the state has ever had winds higher than 30mph outside of a tornado. I will consider that though.
>>
>>638525

OK cool man.
>>
Anyone have recommendations for hammocks besides ENO/Grand Trunk? Or are those actually pretty good?
>>
>>638764
Are you going Enoing?

Why wouldn't you want to go Enong?
>>
are bivy tents complete shit?
thinking of buying one for biking around Iceland
>>
>>638931
Not at all. It depends on whether you mind being in a bivy as opposed to a proper tent. If it doesn't bother you, then they're probably superior because they keep you warmer and are a lot lighter and smaller. Personally, I need more space than that.
>>
File: CIMG1845.jpg (208KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
CIMG1845.jpg
208KB, 1024x768px
>>638298
Have you ever been above the treeline?
Do you see any shelter building material in this pic?

Besides, building your own shelter is a dick move in ecologically sensitive areas
>>
>>638977
This is a shitty place to set up a tent.
Also, don't drink that water.
>>
File: Col.jpg (261KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Col.jpg
261KB, 1024x768px
>>638991
You don't always have a choice of campsites when you leave the parking lot

At high altitudes, UV kills aquatic microorganisms
>>
>>638996
Not him, but I think salt and/or chemical contamination would be the concern in that particular pool.
>>
>>638307
Why not buy one second hand? A lot of preppers often times wind up with more of them than they need through trade and the like and often will sell for cheap or trade for other goods. I'm actually picking up a very nice two-room tarp-tent from my neighbors, who upon getting married discovered they had 9 heavy-duty tents between them, with my next pay check for $50.
>>
>>638998

>chemical
>>
>>639079
I meant mineral. Close enough.
>>
>>638221
I had emailed them about which tent to get for general all around camping, and they recommended the Stratospire 2. It is bombproof, and can just be taken with the mosquito netting if there is guaranteed no rain, or just the tarp if you're real serious about weight. Sets up with hiking poles, so you save weight anyways.
>>
>>638977
>>638996
Are these on the JMT?
>>
>>639117
Hm, I'll reconsider it, thanks. I'm concerned about condensation, which is why I was considering the moment and scarp, because 1. I always seem to get rain when I'm hiking and 2. I actually like hiking when it's going to rain, as well. I'm a big strong boy who drinks milk so staying dry and having enough interior space is more of a concern for me than weight.
>>
>>639121
I keep talking about condensation but I still have no idea if it's actually a legitimate concern or not. Has anyone ever had any leaking/dripping in a tarptent?
>>
File: basin.jpg (255KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
basin.jpg
255KB, 1024x768px
>>639118
No, but in the Sierra

I avoid the JMT like the plague
>>
>>639161 Where abouts is this? Just moved to NW Nevada this past summer and I've only gotten to explore Mt.Rose wilderness and a few other areas on the eastern slopes. Hoping to do some Western slopes and also down towards Mammoth next summer.
>>
>>639122
you might also look into six moon tents and tarps
>>
File: Summer14.jpg (188KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Summer14.jpg
188KB, 1024x768px
>>639164
Southern Sierra from the eastern side
I like the eastern trailheads b/c they are higher and, until 2 years ago, drier, which is why I'm in this thread

>back pack the Sierra for 20 years
>only need a tarp for squalls during the day
>muh Commifornia privilege
>???
>monsoons the past 2 summers
>torrential downpours and high winds
>the eastern Sierra has never looked so green

Next year I'm going to be prepared to live underwater
I need a serious tent to sit in for days
And a deck of cards
>>
>>639164
Ah shit a fellow Northern Nevadan.
>>
>>639192
Reno
>>
2 person, double walled, 4 season tent rec?

Pitch on snow, built for 25-30mph winds. Under 8-10lbs?

$400ish.
>>
>>639694
The tarptent Scarp I'm considering fits that bill pretty well if you get the cross poles, and is under 4 pounds.
>>
>>639716
> Scarp

I will check it out.

Was thinking more Hildiberg (sp?).
>>
>>639728
hilleberg?
Scarp is the model, tarptent is the brand.
>>
Does anyone have experience with the Vargo Tempest tent? Or with Vargo in general? Any issues?
>>
>>639165
Do you have experience with six moon? I've been looking at the skyscape scout, but a $100 polyester tent seems a little risky to me.
>>
Anyone have experience using a bivy? Would you recommend it over a tent/hammock?
>>
>>639733

I think Vango is pretty well designed for UK climate. A tent like the Halo is similar to higher end tents like the Exped Venus and Hilleberg Allak, which are all highly livable and well suited to warm through to windy rainy cold weather.
>>
I got this thing for a future trip where I'm going to be in wet weather on a potentially daily basis. Haven't tested it yet but does anyone have experience? If not, perhaps a suggestion for a light single person water proof tent. I can always return if there is something better and around the same price.

amazon dot com slash ALPS-Mountaineering-5024617-Lynx-1-Person/dp/B00BMKD1DU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1449031875&sr=8-2&keywords=ALPS+lynx
>>
>>639830

There's like 140 reviews on that item, why don't you read them?
>>
>>639854
Never learned how : (
>>
>>639121
The tent is actually supposed to be very well ventilated, and can extend into a 2 person tent by adjusting the bathtub floor height. If you look at the video on the website, it will demonstrate how you can do this. I have heard no complaints about condensation in the stratospire, and it was one of my main concerns as well because I am always stuck in the rain.
>>
>>639161
How come? Because of the permit system I saw almost no one on the trail except the first day. It was a really nice trip, and doing it solo gave me a lot of time alone, with enough human interaction to keep things interesting.
>>
>>639117

Only good if you're a polefag.
>>
>>640032
Do you have the stratospire?
>>
looking into getting /out/. my last tent was a piece of shit that soaked me under medium rain and then snapped in a mild rainstorm in florida. I'm in the midwest and looking for a 4 season tent. weight isn't a concern, budget is and i want to stay dry. just need room for me and stuff. Can anyone give a recommendation?
>>
>>639732
Compaired at work today.

SOLD on the Scarp 2 w/X poles and both inners!

Right at $550 USD with above options.

In it's various configurations, I can see it being my go to 2 man, all year long.
>>
>>640398
Haha, glad I could help. I think I will probably be going with the double rainbow because it has the best price balance, and the porches are pretty neat. The Scarp would definitely be my go-to if I had more money for it though.
>>
>>640385
Does it need to be 4 season? Do you go camping enough in the winter? And what is your budget? Do you just need a good value, or do you have a maximum range?
>>
>>640432
ideally 4 season because i seem to always end up homeless sporadically and it's nice to not have to worry about couch surfing with strangers.
>that way lies potential rape

given this, i'm pretty sure you can picture my budget is next to nothing. I'm hoping to save up/ get some help. i know i panic when i see $500+ tents. I have a car which helps, but i can't live out of it as it's a small hatchback. I also love camping in early spring (before snow melts) and my 3 season tent (shit tent from above) was really fucking cold, even with 2 sleeping bags and layers. I'm trying to have something i can use for a few weeks when shit hits the fan again.
>>
>>640438
Well if you want 4 season and not shit it will probably be pretty expensive. What is the weather like in winter there? 4 season tents aren't necessarily warmer, their primary trait is sturdier poles and walls. If it doesn't snow much, you should be fine with a decent 3 season tent.
>>
>>640453
near Chicago, so in the summer up to 110F and down to -20F without windchill in the winter. Snow usually up to about 3 feet at worst.

So a 3 season tent will keep out rain and wind? I thought 4s was absolutely necessary. What do you consider decent and pretty expensive? I'd ideally like to get it asap.
>>
>>638221
I wouldn't say it's the best way, unless you tend to travel a lot by foot, but my setup is a GI poncho, hammock, SOL escape bivy, thermolite extreme liner and closed cell pad. I add a sleeping bag under forty degrees.

Main advantages of this are that I can string up the straps and poncho and already be under my tarp as I hang my hammock, and that if there aren't trees, the poncho can just be loosely wrapped around the bivy as an extra layer and groundcloth in one. Main disadvantage is that you need to be pretty comfortable with being uncomfortable. I don't carry a bug net, there's no "door" and it only fits one, barely. But it's very light, very packable and the whole setup was about a hundred bucks, not including the cold weather bag.
>>
>>640459
Ah up in Chicago you probably will need a proper 4 season tent.
3 season tents should be just as waterproof as a 4 season tent. They might be a bit less windproof but should be pretty close to the same. The big thing with 4s is they're "tighter" and won't collapse if snow piles up and better resist melt water coming in the bottom, etc. Pretty expensive being $300+ for a low end 4 season tent.
>>
>>640464
I'm jealous of people that can use hammocks. They just aren't my thing, I've never slept very well in them. I know you're supposed to lay diagonally, I still don't sleep as well as I do on the ground.
>>
>>640471
All right, i guess for now it's try not to think about it. thanks for answering these basic questions. hopefully i'll come back sooner than halflife 3 to ask which to get with money
>>
>>640473
They're not for everyone, granted. But if you can handle them, the advantages are numerous. I'm about to take my setup on the PCT. I may actually use a tent for the desert section because I have a profound fear of waking up with a rattlesnake in my bag, but I'll be back to the hammock once I hit forrest again.
>>
>>640459

Not that guy. 110deg? I guess if you are having a freak heat wave it will get up that high but typically Chicago temps are nice. I'm from Houston. And generally, in this part of Texas, there's no escaping the heat and crazy high humidity when in a tent. You will bake down here.

I have a client next to Waterfall Glen (a really nice /out area nestled in the urban jungle...for anyone reading). I was last there the last week of July - I would run in the park at 5-ish, do 5+ miles and it was nice and cool and dry. Here in Houston at the same time of year, I would run at 7-8pm and sweat my nuts off after a quarter mile.

In any case, I've put a Big Agnes Copper Spur on snow and that coupled with a insulated Air Core pad, was just fine - just set it to where it can catch sun. That said, your winters up there can be freaking relentless and while I think a Copper Spur could handle the wind, snow and such of mid-winter, I wouldn't want to do it. A 4-season will be hot in hot areas but I don't think you get enough heat and humidity up there to worry about it. Personally, I would go with a light 4-season if I *knew* I would be dealing with Chicago area winters....just don't set it exposed and right next to the damn lake.
>>
File: skinke.jpg (34KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
skinke.jpg
34KB, 960x960px
>>640478
>not wanting a cuddly reptilian noodle pal
>>
>>640459

Man I wouldn't trust any three-season tent with Chicago winter. If you're looking at Tarptent, I'd only consider a Scarp with crossover poles.
>>
>>640479
110F is the hottest it's gotten here that i could remember. and yeah i won't set it near lake michigan. just have to avoid the inland giant puddles in the slightest rain.
>>640483
I have no idea why that tent looks weird to me. the separated floor perhaps. looks nice i guess. i need to know more than one brand. is miliary surplus a good idea?

what are good features? i've heard "bathtub bottom" and "full rain fly" are necessary for rain.
>>
>>640494
thanks /out/ for being a good middle ground between people climbing mt everest obsessing over tent weight in grams and suggesting an rv
>>
>>640494

A winter tent for that climate would need strong snow loading and wind. If you're NOT planning on camping in the middle of winter in Michigan, you can save yourself a lot of money and weight, but really a Scarp with poles and fabric inner should be OK. Otherwise look at premium four season tents like Hilleberg and Exped.
>>
>>640494
For your needs you might actually die if you use military surplus. It probably won't be good enough. As the other anon is saying, Tarptent Scarp with crossover poles is a really good tent, but it's expensive. I don't know if it's possible to meet your needs without spending a few hundred dollars.
>>
>>640514
Tarptent's Scarp2 looks like my best bet. after looking at exped out of curiosity, $370 doesn't seem so bad. I could maybe save up for that. thanks, anon(s)
>>
>>640517
Good luck man. Stay warm.
>>
>>640517
http://www.amazon.com/Kelty-Salida-2-Person-Tent/dp/B00BJLFKZE

Its on sale for the holidays, just bought one, haven't taken it /out/ yet but I set it up in two minutes in my backyard and its only 4lbs with everything.
>>
File: Vango Banshee 300 tent.jpg (69KB, 1500x834px) Image search: [Google]
Vango Banshee 300 tent.jpg
69KB, 1500x834px
what does /out/ think of the Vango Banshee 300?
i plan on going camping at the Red river gorge in a few weeks.
>>
>>641042
Added info. Meant to say with a friend. i normally camp with sleeping bag, tarp, and hammock.
i got the tent back in july.
>>
File: jack_wolfskin_gossamer_tent.jpg (145KB, 1083x1083px) Image search: [Google]
jack_wolfskin_gossamer_tent.jpg
145KB, 1083x1083px
>>641042
Does it have an area to put bags/boots?
Don't know the English word, I mean where they are protected from rain, but aren't inside the actual tent.
I got this tent and the lack of one is really annoying, especially when I have 3 bike bags + shoes to store.
>>
>>640429
Contacted factory, setting delivery! Looking at first week of Jan due to my end. Thx, anon!
>>
>>641042

Will you both be sleeping in it? If its just for yourself i'd recommend the zenith 200. (I use it myself pic related). It's lighter has has room enough for you and your gear and the porch is pretty decent too.

Do a couple of practice pitches first if you get the zenith. Getting the fly tension right takes a little practice (end guys at max length, adjust main pole strap) but once you have it down that tent will stand up to most anything.
>>
>>641668
I own the same tent. If you put the stakes for the front flap out far enough you can create enough space between the front flap and the tent to store a pair of boots under there. Maybe a bag on top of the boots too.

Most annyoing is the fact you can´t get in or out the tent witout getting some rain in it. Its quite nice and sturdy for its real low weight and price, but its a bit more like a glorified bivy sack than a "real" tent.
>>
>>641734
That's what I usually do, but it's annoying as they weigh down on the inner tent so there's not much head room.
>>
I used the Scarp 1 with crossing poles for a few years. Overall a good tent, can fit 2 people in a pinch, but it was fairly bulky in my pack, heavy for 3-season use, and took a lot of stakes and guyline adjusting to get it really taut. As I backpacked more I switched to a dedicated winter alpining tent, the MH Direkt 2, for snow, and the TT Moment DW for 3-season use. With winter trips you already have a shitload of weight so any savings is nice. The Moment DW only takes 2 stakes and pitches in about 30 sec. I'm using it on the PCT. Fast pitching means I can set it up as a sun shelter during siestas in the desert, and it's just less of a chore for a 4.5 month hike.

Slight annoyance with TarpTents is that they don't arrive seam sealed unless you order that via their secret URL. The Scarp 1 has all these little seams at the crossing pole tie-down points. You have to seam seal *all* of them.
>>
>>641779
I suppose I worry about worst-case scenarios too much, but how does the moment handle in a good rainstorm compared to the scarp?
>>
>>641668
The word is vestibule

>>641779
What is the secret URL? I was wondering why the seam sealing service didn't seem to be on the website.
>>
>>641042

Used this tent when homeless.
Be aware those bend joints in the poles snap way to easy.
Other than that it is an OK tent.
>>
>>641808
brit who lived in quarry?
>>
>>641779
>heavy for 3 season
nigger the tent weighs like 3 pounds
>>
>>641804
Haven't used the Moment in a storm yet but I think it'd be fine given the ample separation between the tarp and the inner tent for ventilation. The end vents can be completely closed off for side blowing rain. The Scarp 1 was very good in Iceland storms. I stayed completely dry, huge double vestibules to keep all my gear dry too. Both tents have extra guyline points on the arch pole that greatly strengthen the tent in wind. All silnylon tents sags when wet but it's not a huge deal as long as it doesn't contact the inner tent and cause condensation. But they're both well designed double wall tents, just one is more three-season and smaller.

>>641806
tinyurl com/49zx544
It's only listed in the faq.

>>641818
Moment DW is a pound less, which is half a day's worth of food while hiking. Just depends on your budget and desire to buy down weight.
>>
>>641918
huh thanks, I must have missed that (the seam sealing). Between the Scarp and Moment which do you prefer? If you have a recommendation, my biggest concern is staying dry, I'm not concerned about weight with how light TTs are.
>>
I use the old single wall version of the moment and that thing is amazing and i have it down to just under 2 lbs...well worth getting and im sure the DW is even better now
>>
My Contrail gets condensation but choosing a good campsite minimizes it, and it hasn't really bugged me.
>>
File: DSC_0160.jpg (4MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0160.jpg
4MB, 3872x2592px
>>638384
Same here, I have been doing motorbike trips for 10+ years now. Fingolian, 4-7 weeks of holiday so I am on my bike all that time. I bought cheap (€70) tent and it has survived 25 000km and ~60 nights so far. https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/mil-tec-kolmen-hengen-tunneliteltta-oliivinvihrea/19739/

>Pic related, my bike, my tent, and lake Issyk-Kul in Kyrgystan. Went there last summer.
>>
why does most american tents have weird angles and what looks like a shitton of stress points on the canopy? hillebergs and helsports seem so simple and sturdy in comparison, albeit a bit heavier
>>
File: P50920-172447.jpg (1MB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
P50920-172447.jpg
1MB, 960x1280px
i was gifted this 30 dollar tent, and run it with a tarp on top. i havent seen serious rain yet though.
>>
File: mtdw-8.jpg (105KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
mtdw-8.jpg
105KB, 640x360px
>>641985
Moment, but I haven't used it in rain yet. I live in SoCal where it's pretty dry. I think either tent will keep you plenty dry though. The Scarp 1 is a more rugged, roomy, adaptable tent. It was my first real backpacking tent, and I bought it as an SUV. You can pitch it in various ways for different conditions, it just can't do heavy snow loading due to the flat roof. If you don't mind the extra weight I would just get the Scarp 1.

One thing I really like about the moment is that you can pitch the inner tent with just the arch pole. This is great in dry, not so windy conditions and what I usually do in SoCal. You save some weight and you get a bug screen, and watch the stars as you fall asleep. You wake with the sunrise. To pitch the Scarp 1 inner tent requires using the crossing poles, which is a bit heavier and more involved.
>>
File: 20130513-P1010921.jpg (392KB, 1000x668px) Image search: [Google]
20130513-P1010921.jpg
392KB, 1000x668px
>>638384
125ccamping is best bike touring and camping.
>>
>>641810

No, Brighton beach.
>>
>>642026
looks beautiful

>>642032
I'm not sure what you mean, you're going to need to give a better example
>>
>>642158
That looks bad ass.
I'm planning to do a motocamping tour in Pakistan in a year or two, got a buddy who lives over there, gonna get some busted royal enfolds, and go check out the himalayas. I can't fucking wait.
>>
>>642155
Thanks mate. I'm pretty much down to deciding between the Scarp and the Double Rainbow
>>
File: soulo.jpg (670KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
soulo.jpg
670KB, 1024x768px
have pic related. a bit heavy at 2,5 kgs, but can be used all 4 seasons because it's almost bombproof. just look at those wrap-around guyline tieouts and how few seams the construction has. totally free standing, just enough space for a guy at 183 cm to sit with all equipment, pretty modular (outer/inner/mesh/floor combinations), can cook inside. really good ventilation, never gotten wet or even condensated on. no goddamn flapping in the wind ever. fuck, now i really feel like cocooning up in my special place after a medium long hike, going after work tomorrow.

cons: expensive as fuck, but i got a good deal from a guy who was too tall for it and only used it once. it's cheap for what's essentially a house during 40 nights of the year anyways
>>
>>642211
Nice, wish I could afford a hilleberg
>>
>>642217
you can do it anon, just use a shitty tarp for a year while saving up like i did
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.