[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bear Grylls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (78KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 615x409px
What does /out/ think of Bear Grylls?
>>
He is a big fat phony.
>>
I just don't give a shit anymore
>>
>>637419
I don't think of him, I think of God First in all things, but never him.
>>
File: 1442316729975.jpg (306KB, 1280x957px) Image search: [Google]
1442316729975.jpg
306KB, 1280x957px
>>
File: baregrillllllz.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
baregrillllllz.webm
3MB, 480x360px
>>637419
>>
>>637490
every time
>>
>>637419
Bear Gryllis is to outdoorsmanship what Reddit is to outdoorsmanship.
>>
File: yahwehgodofthejews.jpg (117KB, 771x1000px) Image search: [Google]
yahwehgodofthejews.jpg
117KB, 771x1000px
>>637426

By God, do you mean this guy?
>>
>>637419
I honestly think he does good, although he is a phony. Even if it is fake BS, it gets people into the outdoors and whatnot. I like les stroud a lot more though.
>>
It's a TV show. Literally every aspect of every second of TV you see has been deliberately engineered by one person or another. Everything.

No harm in what he does. It's entertaining, informative, and the illusion is pretty well done. It's fine.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE8qriXcxgQ

vid related
>>
Well he was in the SAS so I dont even doubt he knows the things he says he knows. And as for the TV show it could be a bit more realistic but its a TV show...
>>
>>637419
i abhor his product line
i abhor his way of speaking
i abhor his shows they suck
but i bet he would come handy on a deserted island
>>
Wonder what grilled bear would taste like.

I presume you can eat bear?
>>
>>637490
fucking kek
>>
>>637610
Never had grilled bear but bear stew is pretty damn good
>>
>>637515
I don't worship false idols, so no.
>>
>>637591
>i abhor his product line
I though this too because I listened to /out
>be me
>gifted 2 items for Christmas
>spend 11 months doing everything I can to try to break/damage gifts
>mfw this shit is indestructible and /out lied to me

I honestly know nothing about who the fuck this guy is and I could look it up but don't even care. Would rather go out and enjoy life.
>>
>>637591
> product line

I got the BG Fire steel as a gift and DO like it.

Both the striker and steel actually have something to hold on to while wearing gloves.

Would not buy again, but would buy Exo Tech Poly XL starter.
>>
>>637610
Don't eat predators, they'll give you some nasty parasites.
>>
Legitimately good in the wild, his shows are for entertainment (most people forget that),

His products are absolute trash, I wouldn't go near them. Crap quality, bad design and overpriced.
>>
>>637642
some of the stuff is not bad some even nearly indestructible, some will kill you if you use it and some will be utterly gimmicky and useless it's all a clusterfuck. it also depends on what kind of steel they actually got their hands on in an shitty obscure chineese factory that day they made your knife.
>>
>>637419

A fag that needs to do 2 XTREME 4 U sillyness to stay relevant.

The worst kind of "survivalist". Living in a constant fight against nature is not survival or life. Living along nature is survival.

Ray Mears master race,
>>
>>637660
Not if you cook them past 160. Bear is fucking delicious if it's eating on berries.
>>
>>637660
bro all game animals have parasites.
>>
>>637647
which one? it always looked like utter shit to me to be honest
ferro rods are kinda stupid to begin with
>>
survivor man is better show
>>
>>638175
survivorman is based
>>
>>638175
SM is shit he doesn't even tell you what to do he just does it
. But I've only seen the first episode. Can recommend a series?
>>
>>638225
Survivorman. Alone.
>>
He's cool, gets way too much hate on this board for sure.

Like another anon said, his shows are made to be entertainment, not how-to manuals for well-read survivalists. Some of the things on his show are legitimately cool/useful. You know that in a real survival situation he'd be a good person to have with you, plus he seems like a chill guy.
>>
>>637419
He's a fag, but he's somewhat entertaining at least.
>>
>>638225

> shit talks on some thing he has no knowledge about.

You're a retard, am I right?
>>
>>637419
He should drink more piss.
>>
>>637419

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTlsqZ214Mw
>>
Entertaining show. Given random scenarios and shows you what to do in situations that will most likely never happen to you even if you go /out/ all the time. He's never really out there in the middle of nowhere. He sleeps in hotels and trailers with his crew. Like I said before, it's small snippets of scenarios that he and the writers come up with. No harm.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.