[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

aus fuks u up general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: yeah you're fucked.jpg (104KB, 526x354px) Image search: [Google]
yeah you're fucked.jpg
104KB, 526x354px
Hey /out/ists,

I'm an Australian, and here we have some pretty nasty fauna. Where I live, I might see pic related every couple of days.

>The coastal taipan is the most venomous terrestrial snake in the world.

My question is, can I get some pants that will save my life? I currently wear gaiters and jeans even when it's hot, but I took a hit from a constrictor recently, which went straight through.

So I need something better than jeans. Any thick plastic pants that you guys know of? Basically, if you are bitten by this, you die.
>>
Hi ausfag, where bouts in aus are you? Guessing up north. You could move to NZ we dnt have snakes here.

Do you drink XXXX. Do you sexualise your cousin.
Buy snake repellant and get a city job.

Use shovel;;;; lop off ;;;; head. Turn pretty snakeskin into belt;;;; kill some more and makes pants out of snake sknin ;;;; onky snakes are invincible to other snakes; ;;
>>
>>635806
You guessed right.

Cairns, Qld.
I've been to the south island multiple times. Hiking. Absolutely loved it. Went swimming naked at icy 1400m, and then rolled around in the undergrowth.

Sounds fucking weird, I know, but I was not bitten once. By so much as an insect.
Also,
>lopping off head makes it no less dangerous.
>>
Hey mate ausfag snake catcher here, like you said our snake can fuck you up but they luckily have tiny fangs compared to other snakes around the world. Good jeans or work pants will be thick enough. Plus the added bonus that our snakes will all try and get the fuck away from you before they bite you.
>>
>>635810
You reckon jeans for a taipan?
Okay, thanks.

Also, how often do you get called out on venomous versus nonvenomous?
>>
I'm down in Brisbane and it's about 85% non venomous. I visit cans a couple of times a year and still haven't found a Coastal Taipan,they're really shy and alert snakes. Shitloads of every other snake though!
>>
"cans" I used to think that's what it was called when I was a kid
>>
>>635812
>>635813

Hahaha yes. Cheers for the advice.
Bretty backward place, but the bush here is nice.
>>
>>635805

Get better gaiters.
>>
>>635806

Trying to kill snakes is the most common cause of snakebite.
>>
>>635805
i would say sew polifoam on your pants as thick as the snakes teeth is long and some that should stop them cheap and reliable
>>
Wow a fellow cairns /Out/ist, done any good hikes recently? Last weekend I did most of mt bartle frere to clear my head... Gave up around the 100 leech mark and now my feet are all spotty. I'm surprised that your talking about snakes tho, i rarely see them, more concerned about breaking my leg or something cause I'm always out alone, that or dem darn drop bears
>>
>>635805
Loose jeans, so if the snake bites at the leg the teeth won't get to your skin, and hiking boots
>>
I've lived in rural NSW all my life.

You have nothing to worry about. I don't understand how you see so many snakes because they shouldn't be coming towards you. The moment they hear your boots smacking the ground, they go in the opposite direction.

You must be flying around like a sugar glider or something because you're defying some laws of nature here.
>>
>>636000
checked.

I haven't been out within the bast few weeks, but am going to tassie hiking soon.

>>636000
>>636054
Where I live it's dry schlerophyl forest, and I'm always up early.

I come upon them before they're warmed enough to flee fast, but hot enough to strike.
>>
>>636105
Nice what area of tassie, I'm waiting on settlement on 52 acres down the bottom. I can't wait till next year or so when I actually get a chance to head back there for a holiday
>>
> mfw Navajo Code Talkers are all Oz
>>
>>635809

Hey cairns outsider, do you know any sweet not really visited areas? I'm getting a bit sick of place being crowded on the weekends
>>
>>636054
Bro youre in NSW... spent my life in QLD and have been south for over a year because of work now and i can say this.

Your population of slitherers compared to up north is 1 to 10 at LEAST. Haven't seen 1 snake and i work for defence?
>>
>>637162
What wizardry is this qld outist is probally a droggie, probally going to rape and murder and eat my heart for my magical antisnake powers and become a skin walker...
>>
>>635805

google TurtleSkin clothing, they have really good snake/ stab/ puncture proof pants, vests and other body armor
>>
>>635805
you ausfags never heard of snake boots?
>>
can anyone post some wisdom on snake-bite kits?
>>
>>637774
Never buy them. There are two types:

1) Kits that contain bandages, an instruction card and not much else. This shit should be in any basic Australian First Aid Kit. These are marketed to the ignorant, the foreigners and the stupid. Buy any first aid kit in Australia and it will already contain this stuff, plus more.

2) Kits that contain fancy pumps. These waste your time and interfere with your pressure immobililsation bandage. There is a reason why no shop in Australia stocks these.
>>
This is great. I live in the northern United States, all I ever have to worry about is bears and coyotes, I carry a Tikka T3.
You see the world's deadliest snake multiple times a week, a boa bit you and it seems a normal occurrence, as no one mentioned it ITT. You were shocked insects didn't bite you, and it generally seems you're on the cusp of death from venom.
I couldn't do it, but I suppose if you're born into it.
>>
File: redbellyblacksnake.jpg (296KB, 1024x517px) Image search: [Google]
redbellyblacksnake.jpg
296KB, 1024x517px
>>637889
I went hiking in Japan near bear country. It was at a tourist park with dozens of rangers and thousands of day tourists in a small area. Was so frightened.

But I love to see pic related when hiking. So beatiful.
>>
>>637894
I think Japan only has black bears.
I've seen black bears many times, and they never gave me any problems, we just look at each other for a few seconds and I go away. However, one time in the Bob Marshall, I saw a mother grizzly with a cub. It was the most terrifying thing that has ever happened to me while hiking. She stood up and looked at me as I came around the side of a hill, I backed away slowly and got my rifle ready, but it's a bolt action .308, and my heart was beating so fast I doubt I could have gotten off a good shot. Luckily she wasn't bothered and I hiked miles away in the opposite direction.

But still, I'd rather have that than guaranteed death snakes and spiders just lurking everywhere. A bear isn't small, or sneaky, and it saws RAWWR I'M A BIG SCARY BEAR GO AWAY unlike insects which just bite shit for fun. Yes, it gets cold during the winter, but I never have to worry about some random thing biting me. If a mystery bug bites me, I just don't care, if some random thing in Australia bites me, I assume something terrible would befall me.
>>
>>635805
Have you tried plate armor?
>>
File: your next cunt.jpg (73KB, 736x490px) Image search: [Google]
your next cunt.jpg
73KB, 736x490px
While one should be mindful of snakes and spiders, you should also be aware of their behaviour and general willingness to fuck off if given a chance. They're not so bad. No, anyone who has spent any time in the scrub knows who the real assholes of the bush are.

Pic related: ant killing a hornet.
>>
>>637889
I live in the southern United States and it's a much different world. Though I've only seen 4 venomous snakes you can't go outside without being bitten by mosquitoes. And that's in November. Summer's a bitch. It won't let me post my picture either of a cottonmouth.
>>
>>635809
i got bitten up in port douglas once
>>
>>638458
This.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.