[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

outdoor winter jacket on the cheap?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

Hey /out/ for this coming winter I am wanting to get a warm winter jacket, and been looking at military surplus jackets, and was wondering does /out/ have approved milsurp winter jacket? I was looking at goretex ecwcs on ebay, and they were pretty cheap (around 70 bucks for my size)

Anyways, thanks in advance!
>>
Post climate details and conditions expected.
>>
>>635156
mostly ecwcs jacket is something I believe I might want.. I live in climate where it gets in single digits, high winds (sometimes) snow could be up to a foot (but more realistically its 6-8 inches)

The weather fluctuates some days its in single digits some days its in the upper 50 to lower 60s.

This is in the midwest Nebraska/Iowa/Kansas/Missouri
>>
bump.

Visit my military surplus store, and checked out their jackets, anyone familiar with knox armory? n-3b?
>>
>>635147
>outdoor winter jacket on the cheap?
Any wind/water-resistant jacket that you can layer with.
>>
I've heard the czech army parka is cozy.
>>
>>636442

confirmed, get the hat with it aswell. I have never felt cold with that on.
>>
>>636442
>I've heard the czech army parka is cozy.

This one here?
>http://www.swisslink.com/products/coats_parkas_jackets/new_czech_parka-36-233/
>>
>>637140
>http://www.swisslink.com/products/coats_parkas_jackets/new_czech_parka-36-233/

buy it from the kommando store if its in stock
/k/ has a hard time keeping their surplus site stocked
>>
>>635158

I have pic related and its incredibly nice, the hood is made to go over your kevlar helmet.

The pockets are hilariously deep i can fit 5 full sized water bottles in one.

it also has internal pockets as well as the ability to unzip under your arms to avoid sweating.

Also since this is a new pattern mtp works incredibly well for hunting in about any environment if you arent a fucking idiot.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (169KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
169KB, 1280x720px
http://www.ebay.de/sch/Jacken-Westen-/181358/i.html?_sop=10&_from=R40&_nkw&_dcat=181358&Marke=Fj%25C3%25A4llr%25C3%25A4ven&_trksid=p2045573.m1684
>>
www.decathlon.com/
>>
File: 1447780329786.jpg (4MB, 3056x4592px) Image search: [Google]
1447780329786.jpg
4MB, 3056x4592px
My recommendations:
Gorka
Anorak (wool)
ECWCS
tru-spec OD cargo pants
Wooly Pully
Flecktarn Parka with Liner
NWT NWU
The /k/ Karst by Telny (good luck)
>>
>>637928
Is it this one? (not the camo pattern)
>http://www.tacticalassaultgearstore.com/gore-tex-reversible-woodland-desert-jacket.html#product_tabs_description_contents
>>
>>639064
Nvm its not, the link I provided is what I bought.
>>
>>637977
samefag as these posts
>>639064
>>639068

I was curious how is tru-spec for quality? Is it hit and miss or is it good/ok quality for the price?
>>
>>635147
Bretty good cyber Monday sales at lands end, bought my wife and I some new down/synthetic jackets. Just a thought thay right now is a good time to look around.
>>
>>639070
Tru-spec is mil issue, I have a bunch of OD tru-spec pants. Fucking love them.
>>
>>639085
oh no shit? Is there a list of other military contractors or is tru-spec the only one for apparel?
>>
Just get a good quality M65 field jacket with an inner vest in it. It's warm and comfy. I think the price is about 60$
>>
>>639150
Can confirm. Nice and warm.
>>
>>637140
>>637144
If anyone is still around, how does the size on these typically run? I'm 6'6".
>>
File: IMG_20151205_143222908.jpg (2MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151205_143222908.jpg
2MB, 2340x4160px
God teir.
>>
>>641917
I am new to this kind of stuff, but is that a gorka? Is this purpose of goretex/gorka just to be waterproof liner to go over your existing clothes? or can you get one with insulation in it?
>>
>>641966
That is a Gorka, no idea what brand. I believe they were worn over uniforms but I have heard about some people wearing them on their own. They were for mountains so I imagine they would be good on their own in more temperate conditions.
>>
>>641966
>>641969
You can wear them on their own but it is generally intended to be a shell over the top of your actual uniform.
>>
>>641917
>>641966
Gorka is just a polyester/cotton outer layer. There's nothing special about it. For the price you pay for it you could get a full surplus goretex top and bottoms, or a full set of softshell top and pants if you look in the right places. Both will outperform Gorka in everything except the +5 squatting modifier it gives.
>>
File: jacket.jpg (6KB, 214x236px)
jacket.jpg
6KB, 214x236px
Get a czech milsurp jacket
>>
I bought milsurp and I basically look like shit because I look too young

>>637966
is what I look like essentially

so dont get milsurp if you look too young or have a baby face or whatever your problems are
>>
>>644521
Is it functional? Did you get a good price?
This isn't /fa/
>>
>>641989
>nothing special about it.

It's hydrophobic, the SSO version is made of a special material, briezent? Or prezient, not sure of spelling but its water resistant, I believe there is an ANA version that is goretex. There are many types of gorka that serve different purposes. There are alternatives that may be better suited, but until you wear one I can understand not know the appeal. It's extremely comfortable to layer with, and if you have wool underneath its unbeatable for cold windy conditions, and the summer version is like a big pair of cool comfy pajamas that keeps you nice in cool. There really is no better option for a mountain suit. It's excellent to hunt in, quiet, and clungs to the body in the right spots to prevent being hung up on brush. If you haven't tried one on a long outdoor excursion I highly recommend it.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.