[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /out/, I am looking for a good backpack I can use for school

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 12

File: front.jpg (85KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
85KB, 800x800px
Hey /out/, I am looking for a good backpack I can use for school and also for day hikes. Any recommendations?
>>
>price range
>style
>functionality
>length of trip
Give those details and the board might help you better. Or tear you apart because it's not what they like. Depending on who's lurking both might happen.
>>
>>631482
>price range
anything
>style
something that doesn't look autistic carrying around school.
>length of trip
I said day hike enough room to carry school books and or food/gear for a day hike.
>>
I can recommend http://www.amazon.co.uk/G4Free-Military-Tactical-Backpack-Rucksack/dp/B011IBE44M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447708820&sr=8-1&keywords=g4free
Good space, big for a good EDC if thats what you like. Can carry food, sleeping system and shit like that for 1-2-3 days. Good space for books, pc you name it. If more space needed be there is molle. Also it's cheapish.
It does not have a hip belt (for more hiking style), and if molle is not your style this is not what you want.
>>
I think pretty much any bag that fits your school supplies will work for simple day trips.
>>
File: il_340x270.829879677_ps4s.jpg (20KB, 340x270px) Image search: [Google]
il_340x270.829879677_ps4s.jpg
20KB, 340x270px
>>631484

Here you go faggot
>>
>>631494
Not op but anything non mil?
>>631582
Thank you for that thought out and well informed post.
>>
>>631694
>Thank you for that thought out and well informed post.

This thread is a great example of what not to do in making a thread. Buy a jansport or something and fuck off.
>>
File: louis-vuitton-new-age-backpack.jpg (42KB, 540x400px) Image search: [Google]
louis-vuitton-new-age-backpack.jpg
42KB, 540x400px
This pack is extremely versatile both on campus, the trail and the runway. Lots of hooks, ropes and fringe for hours of tying, untying , tying again and more.
>>
>>631778
Are those telephone cords?
>>
>>631901
>Are those telephone cords?

No. They are tactical telephone cords. How new are you?
>>
File: awe-face.jpg (105KB, 600x605px) Image search: [Google]
awe-face.jpg
105KB, 600x605px
>>631778
>>
>>631478
I really like my Osprey Quasar. The MSRP is a bit pricey but I'm sure you'll be able to find them on sale.

http://www.ospreypacks.com/en/product/everyday_packs/quasar_1
>>
>>631930
That's not too bad considering the robbery that is motorcycle backpacks.
I was expecting you to link something in excess of $150
>>631926
Must be better than.
>>
>>631478
any northface backpack!
>>
File: $_3.jpg (25KB, 500x500px)
$_3.jpg
25KB, 500x500px
>>631991
>>631991
>>631991

>pic related
>>
>>631930
If you're looking for a bit more room, this one looks nice too:

http://www.ospreypacks.com/en/product/everyday_packs/nebula
>>
>>631994
TNF gets a lot of shit on this board but their backpacks are perfectly fine for OP's needs.
>>
>>632001
go figure a lot of /out/ kids are probably hipsters too cool for school
>>
>>632001
>their backpacks are perfectly fine for OP's needs.

What are those needs? Looking cool while sitting in a closet with all your other unused gear?
>>
>>632050
No, did you actually read the thread? OP asked for a good backpack for both school and day trips. TNF makes exactly what he asked for.
>>
A North Face or Jansport will do the trick if you don't want something tactical looking or a bulky hiking pack.
>>
>>632053
I did. It's another faggot who wants to look like they are doing an activity without actually doing it.

>hey guise, I'm gonna start going outside what cool looking knives, packs and axes should I buy?
>>
>>632077
What the fuck are you on about?
Fuck off.
>>
>>632077
shut up you fucking commie hipster
>>
File: puppy.jpg (136KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
puppy.jpg
136KB, 1024x768px
This thread caught my eye because I've been looking for the same thing. My focus is more on a day bag which I can use for school as well (namely will carry my laptop and a pad of paper during the week, and will fit a day's provisions on a weekend venture)

A few preferences:
no molle webbing
hip belt
hydration bladder compatible
tough construction (I use my gear hard, it will be dragged over rocks, through thick brush, might be dropped at some point)
>>
>>631930
>>632000
Has anyone else had Osprey packs not fit them well? In my experience the shoulder straps are too close together and chafe on my neck
>>
>>632311
I think a motorcycle backpack might work for you.
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle-backpacks

I'm a fan of Kreiga. Now to save up and actually afford one...
>>
>>632344
Jesus how poor are you to not be able to spend $100
>>
>>632397
I'm healing from back surgery and can't work. I'm poor af.
>>
>>631994
this
>>
File: 106_0.jpg (635KB, 1243x1890px) Image search: [Google]
106_0.jpg
635KB, 1243x1890px
>>632747
>back surgery
so 100 liter backpack is the way to go

Gotta strenghten that shit up now
>>
>>632397
>Jesus how poor are you to not be able to spend $100
I don't understand this logic. Is it bad that you don't want to spend that kind of money?
>>
File: IMG_0056 (1).jpg (132KB, 1012x759px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0056 (1).jpg
132KB, 1012x759px
Topo designs klettersack. Thank me later.
>>
>>634120
wrong image
>>
>>634120
>>634121
>klettersack
This bag actually looks like it would be really good. It's so hard to find a bag made from 1000D Cordura that doesn't have fucking molle everywhere.

Does /out/ have any opinion?
>>
>>634167
I used it as a day pack while working at philmont scout ranch and used it for an overnight on two occasions when I could crash at staff cabins. Now I use it as my everyday school and going laces bag. Its a bit pricey but it makes up for it in durability/ruggedness and timeless/basic design. Its water resistant, the leather lash tabs are actually thick leather and wont tear, and it just looks hella sweet. I bought it to be the last day pack sized pack I buy for years to come and it has not disappointed me. It gets lots of compliments.
>>
>>632747
You might want to visit >>>/fit/ and read the sticky to look into weight training and thus (re-)strengthening your back
>>
>>634255
That's way later. I'll be going to physical therapy once we know for sure the implant is fully integrated and won't slip. My bone softened slightly and it shifted a tad. Right now all I'm supposed to do is walk.
I'm hoping by spring I can start doing babby steps.
>>
how $ should you spend on a day pack? $40 USD max?
>>
>>635089

disk surgery? i slipped my disk when I was 13 feels bad man
>>
>>634192
different anon here, I dig the pack and even checked out the website, I think I'd prefer the mountain pack. If I were a richfag I'd buy both though.
>>
>>635128
Yeah. Multiple annular tears, big herniation. I got a replacement disc instead of a fusion.
I don't know to tell you the agony then lol. Hope you're feeling better.
>>
File: shrike.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
shrike.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>Kelty Shrike
I literally use this bag for just that I have had it for two or three years and
has lasted great with only cosmetic damage the main compartment is big and good for books or gear.

Last weekend I went camping with friends so I took my books out and put my gear in and then this
morning I just put my books back in and went to class. Can't recommend more.

Pic is backpack but mine is od green and doesn't have stupid embroidery on it.
>>
What do you think of this?

http://milspecmonkey.com/store/packs-bags/341-msm-adapt-pack.html#/color-rangergreen
>>
>>634192
Dat shit waterproof?
>>
>>635565
I have a rather low opinion of one-strap packs. They don't stay in place the way a traditional pack does, and they don't distribute load evenly. I wouldn't recommend one unless you personally have used and like that set up

That said, I don't know anything about that particular pack
>>
>>635595
not quite waterproof but pretty damn water resistant, you wouldn't need a pack cover.
>>
GR1 is goat
>>
>>632311
>A few preferences:
>no molle webbing
>hip belt
>hydration bladder compatible
>tough construction (I use my gear hard, it will be dragged over rocks, through thick brush, might be dropped at some point)

I have pretty much the same reqs as OP, but I am looking for Mollee webbing. I'd like to be able to attach pouches for innawoods fun, but they're unnecessary and cumbersome for school/motorcycling

Looking to spend less than 100
>>
>>631478
Jack wofskin Moab 30

I know JW is kind of seen as a meme brand but that bag is absolutely great for everything. I use it day to day for work and also on <4 day hikes.
>>
>>636280

How much are you willing to spend?
>>
>>634167
I'd rather have molle everywhere than the almost-no-attachment-points-except-for-proprietary-accessories thing that's the current fashion in hiking packs. Glad I got my gear in the 90s, don't know what I'd replace it with today.
>>
>>636333
Per my last line, less than 100. But I'd be willing to go a little higher if quality was there.
>>
File: c73Wq.png (240KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
c73Wq.png
240KB, 1920x1080px
>>636370
>carrying things on the outside of a pack with molle like some pleb
>>
>>636423
surplus is probably your best bet.

try: https://www.varusteleka.com/en/category/rucksacks-and-bags/137

mid size and large should work for you but shipping is pricey if us/other
>>
>>631478
Just go to rei for a bit and look in their day hiking backpack section.
>>
>>631478
I think osprey makes a day hike backpack.
>>
What's a good "military backpack" for $100 or less? I've seen some in amazon but most reviews say they are shitty.

or any brand of good backpacks?
>>
>>640412
Alice pack or LK 35.
>>
>>640000
Checked
>>
>>631994
I have the green and orenge version. I think it migth suit OP's needs. I use it for the same purpose.
>>
>>640412
see
>>640412
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.