[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name your top one or two

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: mtntown.jpg (293KB, 610x350px) Image search: [Google]
mtntown.jpg
293KB, 610x350px
Name your top one or two
>>
Ok I will play.
Taos
Ouray
>>
Towns? That's hard to pin down.

As a masshole I'll say Greenfield, MA just for Mt. Greylock.

Western massachusetts has some great hiking!
>>
Boulder
>>
>>631138
Idyllwild, California
Durango, Colorado
>>
>>631198
durango is a dump man
aint shit to do there.

>>631184
Boulder is sick
>>
Gatlinburg TN
>>
File: IMG_20150906_112859.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150906_112859.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
Obvious Sedona is obvious.

Flag makes a nice second.
>>
File: IMG_20151009_165220.jpg (686KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151009_165220.jpg
686KB, 2048x1536px
>>631293
Flagstaff, AZ that is...
>>
>>631293
>Sedona

I am thinking of a grand cairn kicking roadtrip.
Any tips?
>>
>>631302
Bring a gun, pepper spray, ghillie suit, plague mask, chips and a weaponized attack dog (I will still snipe you from 335 yrds).
>>
you cannot shoot what you cannot see! I would sneek up on you and piss on you and your dog whilst you sleep bish!
>>
Does anyone else realise that OPs pic is of New Zealand, not the U.S.?

>this triggers my /out/ism
>>
>>632910
You know Frodo, it is possible that not all of the lakes and mountains in the world are in NZ?
>>
Is Aspen the final evolution of a nice mountain town?
>>
Asheville, NC and the surrounding area (especially Brevard and Swannanoa)
>>
Boulder is not a mountain town you fucking artists.

Vail, CO master race reporting in
>>
Is Big Bear a Mountain Town or a tourist trap?
>>
Not much of a ski bum, so my choices would be different, I suppose.
>>631142
Nice. Ouray is top ten for me.
>>631155
Greenfield is a nice town, but I dont think it's fair to call it a mountain town.
>>631184
Nice town, but CU puts such a spin on it. Plus, getting sprawly.
>>631293
Sedona is nice, but too touristy. I like Flag, but kinda sprawly. I like NAU, though.
>>632940
Aspen is too glitzy.
>>632956
Asheville kinda qualifies? Getting kinda hipster, though.
>>632969
Vail is too fancy.
>>632971
Big Bear is pretty good. Not too touristy.

As I said, I'm not much of a ski bum anymore. I also have a hard time picking a "mountain town" on the East coast. I could be persuaded, I suppose.
I dig the small town vibe, so Ouray is a good choice. I also like Nederland. Some along 70 near Vail are pretty good. Telluride is pretty lame now, but there still some good folks there.
>>
>>632956
Boone > trashville
>>
>>631142
>>632975
>Tfw I live in ouray
FUCKING LEAVE, FILTHY TOURISTS!
>would take picture but it's too dark
>>
>>632934
it's Peter's Pool in the Franz Josef Glacier area. Some lakes and mountains ARE in NZ and it's misleading to put an image of one of them behind the text "best mountain towns in America". Why not just pick one from the US?
>>
>>633243
why so upset?
what do you do in ouray ?
>>
>>633247
Actually we need more of you, because tourist based economy, but practically everyone here hates tourists.
I work at the Twin Peaks hotel, doing literally everything because the illegals won't do their job.
>>
>>633249
If I stay there will you murder me in my sleep?
pls no bully ;_;
>>
>>633250
Nah, it's cool brah. Just don't be like the ice climbers and make everything white turn into clay brown. 4 out of our 6 washers are broken to hell and it's a pain to remove stains.
>>
>>633251
Is it the off season?
I have been thinking about checking out your town.
Can you hook a brother up with a discount room?
>>
>>633106
Boone is just a shitty college town, nothing special about it once youre out of university really and the weather blows. So, youre wrong.
>>
>>633255
m8 My hotel is closed until christmas eve, owners are in Arizona for November and most of December.
But yeah, it's off season from september to may. Rooms are cheap(ish) and rules are lax.
>Discount room
Sorry, try a better hotel, mine got kicked out of the best western franchise and hired a 4channer.
>>
>>631199
Except for being between Mesa Verde and Silverton, in the transitional zone to the "Swiss Alps of America" with tons of good, affordable eateries, shops, and entertainment, as well as cheap land and trailheads everywhere.
>>
>>633259
Is there anything going on besides ice climbing?
>>
>>633261
skiing if you hate convenience and want the risk of death.
Getting muddy as hell
watching the howitzer shoot the mountains
Driving on roads that kill 50 people a month
winter camping (the swampy areas are actually tolerable this time of year)
hunting (right now)
That's about it. Most locals just are unemployed this time of year and can't afford to do anything or leave, so we just get drunk 24/7.
>>
>>633265
Any cute ladies?
>>
>>633280
I'm incline to say no.
out of the population of 800, 200 are underage/kids, 300 are in retirement, and the rest in working age adults, most of which have children.
There is also more men then women by a noticeable margin, as well.
>>
>>631142
>Taos
Lived for more than twenty years less than fifty miles from Taos.
Been there once.
>>
>>633288
Are you an Indian?
>>
>>631293
>Obvious Sedona is obvious.

Not obvious at all because it's NOT A MOUNTAIN TOWN.
>>
>>633286
To add onto the "more men then women" bit, my graduating class had 13 students, 2 were girls.
The tourist girls are hot as hell and love being /out/, though. knock yourself out with that, but you won't get a local.
>>
>>633291
>Are you an Indian?
No. I do a lot of road trips...been to Southern Utah more than 30 times. Just find nothing of interest in Taos.
>>
>>633295

>crosses ouray of potential places to escape thanksgiving...

thanks for the honest info anon.
you are a good man.
>>
>>633296
Farmington?
>>
>>633297
np man
Also I'm not the only one from here that goes to this site, I know about 7 people in town that browse 4chan, they got me into it, so I figure we can't be too rare.
>>
Bellingham WA has alpine hiking/climbing near Mt Baker and a lower elevation range in the Chuckanuts. Next to the PNW Trail too.

The town is decent too, but nothing too exceptional.
>>
>>631138
Girdwood cuz alyeska, Seward for more naturey type mountain stuff (really wanna ski the Harding icefield)
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.