[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Out in Middle America

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: summer.jpg (36KB, 350x240px) Image search: [Google]
summer.jpg
36KB, 350x240px
I was thinking of moving to Indiana or Kentucky, what are the opportunities four outdoorsmanship in these areas?
>>
>Kentucky
>>
File: 1264316680391.jpg (71KB, 1173x744px) Image search: [Google]
1264316680391.jpg
71KB, 1173x744px
>>629507
>four
>>
Depends. Kentucky is beautiful. Anywhere in the Appalachians is beautiful. Kentucky also has a lot of well priced land. It's one place I've been considering moving.
>>
>>629515
Yes, I specifically want four outdoorsmanships.
>>
>>629507
Warren Dunes in Chicagoland
Starve Rock in IL
Shawnee Forest in southern IL, huge forest that consumes a good fourth of the state, about, mostly uninhabited.
Lots of random areas in southern Nebraska if ya just walk down a red road for a bit.
>>
>>629507
Kentucky dude here! South eastern to be exact. Land is very cheap if you get out of the city, also so is homes. Don't expect modern houses, but old farm houses.

You do have nice public land to hike such as red river gorge and some parks, but the best land for innawoods is strip jobs. A company called Kentucky River owns a lot of the mountains here and they leased it to strip mining and ect. So that left basically a highway through the woods where several counties can link up without touching the black top. For the most part you have zero law enforcement and most the people you meet will be people riding atvs and drinking beer. Nice pepole for the most, but we do have some bad seeds.
That takes me to the bad part. Drugs is everywhere here. Every town has 3 pain clinics and 10 pharmacys. Pills were pretty bad, but now it's meth and herion. The users steal everything and basically act like inner city crack heads. With that being sad, everyone packs a gun here. Most have a ccdw, others just live so far out they just do what they want.
For example I have around a hour for emergency response where I live. They are no codes or regulations. You just do as you please. Grow a garden, can your food, hunt, drink beer, go innawoods.
The other downside besides the drugs is lack of jobs. Everything was coal or coal related. But unless you live in town, you'll drive 35 plus minutes and you'll find work..or just homestead and live simple and get by like the old timers here.
>>
>>629507
Kentucky is where I'm from

Off of the top of my head....

Boone National Forrest
Red River Gorge
Natural Bridge
Clifty Falls
Split Rock
Idk if Mamoth Caves is any good, but its here.

There's a bunch more I can't remember
>>
Western Kentucky sc/out/ here

We also have the Land Between the Lakes area which is fairly touristy but still has some nice trails
>>
>omaha, somewhere in middle america
>get right to the heart of the matter, it's the heart that matters more

Thanks OP, now I got that song stuck in my head.
>>
>>629507

excellent hunting, fishing, and hiking in KY.

Might I recommend Tennessee, though? I live in Chattanooga and it's beautiful, not to mention you have the Smokies, Chickamauga, and the Tennessee River.

If you move to Indiana you'll regret it. It's literally a giant corn field.
And also you don't have to deal with the people who live in KY.
>>
>>629507
Michigan is awesome. Four beautiful seasons with great hunting, fishing, lots of lakes and woods. The Great Lakes are incredible. I love it here!
>>
>>629507
Both are kind of shit tier states although Kentucky has some nice scenery and I'd imagine land is cheap there.
>>
Farm hand here in Kentucky. Particularly Hopkinsville and Christian county. Love this place, moved from California mountains. Land is cheap, plenty of work, cost of living is low.
>>
>>630280
I know we're getting away from the middle of the US, but I live in Boone NC. I absolutely love it. Friends and I often drive down to the Chattanooga area. It's beautiful too.

Southern Indiana, where it borders KY is okay. I have a boss that used to own land north of Louisville. It looks nice from the pictures he's showed me. He's a huge deer hunter too and said he was sad to sell it, but he couldn't tend it properly since he moved to NC.
>>
>>630757

you're a little far away from the Middle America region. But yes, Michigan is a beautiful state. Only been there once but I traveled to nearly every part. It's scenic af
>>
>>629565

Are you born and raised or are you there for another reason

So you have a family or any children

Do you intend to stay for the remainder of your life
>>
>>631011
Sheeit, Muhlenberg county here
>>
>>631269
Born and raised. I doubt I'll ever leave. This kind of living gets to you and any other type of life seems like torture.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.