[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hero's boots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: RoZ_New_Boots.jpg (19KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
RoZ_New_Boots.jpg
19KB, 500x280px
So, I've noticed a common denominator among many video game heroes. Their shoes never seem to wear out; lava rock jumping, river wading, ocean swimming, ship sailing, and dragon slaying notwithstanding. Their boots are always doing their job, and not getting those pesky rips, or anything like that.

Now, I know this is all from a fantasy setting, but I want to know if such a make of boots exist. And if so, are they available for purchase?

Thoughts, /out/?
>>
And just to clarify, I'm talking like, adventure quality boots. Foot armor you can wear on the daily and do just about anything in them, from climbing fences, to hiking up mountains, to running around in the woods, to hunting wild boar with a spear.
>>
>>628783
you are a retard

go outside.
>>
Wow the basement must be a magical place
>>
Oooookay. Maybe I'm not asking the right way. What are some of the best quality, all purpose outdoor boots you guys are aware of? I like wearing boots in the winter when I go hiking as opposed to Chacos, but only because my feet get cold. Are there any boots with the same kind of all-terrain-ness that chacos provide?
>>
File: thatsnotcrescentfresh.jpg (15KB, 290x198px) Image search: [Google]
thatsnotcrescentfresh.jpg
15KB, 290x198px
>>628795
>>628783

I'M MORE RUGGED THAN SLAVEMAN BOOTS NEW RECRUITS, I'M FUCKIN UP MC TROOPS I BREAK LOOSE AND TRAMPLE SHIT WHILE I *STOMP* A MUDHOLE IN DAT ASS CAUSE I'M STRAIGHT OUT DA SWAMP
>>
>>628834
ROUGH LIKE TIMBERLAND WEAR YEAH ME AND THE CLAN AND YOURE THE LANDCRUISERS OUT THERE
>>
>>628783
I wear the same Redwing 9-inch Loggers I got as a christmas present in high school, which was over 10 years ago. They work great for everything I've used them for and the tall heel has saved my foot from slipping off shit more than once.

I also have a pair of Danner's that my dad bought in the 80's and hunted Alaska and the Yukon, then he gave them to my brother who hunted Wyoming and Montana in them, now they're mine and I use them when my Redwings as wet and they're still going strong.
>>
>>628783
From the catalog this looked like a guy underneath an elephant or something grasping its balls.
>>
>>628783

In the Witcher 2 during the tutorial sequence Geralt's boots get waterlogged and he has to replace them, that's the only example i can think of though.
>>
DayZ has shoes that wear out.
>>
File: rocky-bearclaw-3d-hunting-boot.jpg (99KB, 979x979px) Image search: [Google]
rocky-bearclaw-3d-hunting-boot.jpg
99KB, 979x979px
>>628783
They do exist
>>
>>629591
>Goretex
>lasting forever
Yeah well, apart from that this is spot on. Sewn, resolable full leather boots will last you pretty much forever with the right care and can be used for almost anything. Provided, that is, they were made for real use (soles and cut, proper leather, manufacturing etc.) I know a few super snowflake manufacturers here in europe, but have no idea about america. Do your own research on it.
>>
>>629635
Danner is your best bet in the US. Although I'm sure there are several high quality boutique boot companies here as well.
>>
>>629641
Eh... They all have goretex and liners. Neither are very durable. On my old meindl shoes, liner and sole started disintegrating at about the same time, while the leather was still largely fine.

If you want a long-lasting boot, you have to forgo either waterproofing (canvas or cordura uppers) or breathability (greased full leather upper). Basically, old army combat and jungle boots had durability figured out.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.