[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/out/ stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 11

File: Nepal-4-e1413917028752.jpg (63KB, 970x547px) Image search: [Google]
Nepal-4-e1413917028752.jpg
63KB, 970x547px
What's the most dangerous situation you've ever been in while /out/? Can be anything from mountaineering to encountering bears or simply finding yourself lost...
I'm sure some of you guys have some good ones.

Let's make this entertaining. Real stories only please!
>>
>>628579

>Be skiing guide for blind people from time to time

>On top of a rather steep blue slope

>On our back, a rather steep black slope, that was basically a rocky cliff

>Nobody there. I wonder why.

>Suddenly a strong as fuck blizzard hits us. Freezing + snow + fog + really strong wind

>For every step forwards we go two steps back

>My blind buddy can't really perceive the inminent danger of being pushed backwrds into the cliff

>He's my responsibility, and I'm already having trouble not falling myself

>Ohfuckohfuckohfuck

>He falls off 1 meter from the edge.

>I tell him to lay low and crawl slowly but surely in my direction against the freezing wind, even with the skis on

>We manage to make it. We advanced 30 meters in 10 minutes due to the strong wind

In the end nothing happened, but we had to go down the blue slope me withoug seeing 2 meters in front of me. In this case the wind was on our favor, because it was so strong we could literally ski straight down without even turning and still go down slow.

Of course we laughed about it afterwards, and I told him how close to disaster we where.

Good times
>>
>few years ago
>get high and decide to go camping
>mid fall in western north carolina
>really fucking cold but w/e
>drive an hour out into the boonies, somehow manage to get a camping spot on top of a mountain
>oh shit it's windy but let's smoke more
>do some dabs and fall asleep in tent we hadnt put a rain fly on yet
>Wake up 30 minutes later and everything is drenched
>moisture from fog rolling into our tent and we're all really high freaking out
>decide we'll be okay
>no
>pack up tent and proceed to run to the edge of where we can see on top of this mountain
>too foggy too see our way down
>decide we're probably warm enough from moving around to smoke more ganji
>smoke more ganji
>go back to tent
notent.jpg
Then we went home
>>
File: DogObedienceTraining.jpg (26KB, 320x305px) Image search: [Google]
DogObedienceTraining.jpg
26KB, 320x305px
>be me
>Pyrenees alpine forest
>oh hello baby boar
>wheres mama boar?
>mama boar charges us
>hoot and holler and bang hiking stick off tree
>mama boar feints and veers off
>fucking shat it guys

>be me
>gale force winds
>tv warnings advising against unneeded travel
>end up camping anyway
>be me in hammock
>swaying to sleep
>MASSIVE crash in the night
>wtf, but don't get out of bed
>get up in morning to see tree has come down about 10m away from hammock
> thank jebus

S'all I got guys
>>
>Uncle askes if I want to go camping
>Remember that everytime we go camping something bad happens
>Say yes thinking nothing bad will happn
>Nightfall
>Thunderstorm
>Not miles away, not hte next town over, right above my tent
>Wing and explosions
>Hear a loud crack
>Suddenly my tent collapses
>Get out to see what happened
>Half of a tree broke off and fell onto my tent
>But no rain
>Get up in the morning and cut apart tree to use it as firewood

>Uncle askes if I want to go camping while I Have a friend from montana over
>Friend says yeah
>Still living in minnesota
>Get camp setup by 11am
>Have lunch by 12pm
>Inside tornado shelter by 1pm
>Tornado flys by and wrecks half of camp while hailing and raining
>Tornado subsides
>Get back to out site
>My entire tent is flooded with half a foot of water
>Friends tent is bone dry
>>
File: artempiresbaal.jpg (13KB, 254x326px) Image search: [Google]
artempiresbaal.jpg
13KB, 254x326px
>>628784
It's obvious that your uncle has either offended or is attempting to offer you as sacrifice to a ba'al.

You should stop associating with him.
>>
>>628579
YellowStone national forest
>buddy i drive around U.S. visiting national parks for a month
>hike out into yellowstone with bear mace and overpacked gear
> i'm tripping on acid in the meantime
> get too close to bison
>they just run away thankfully
>shit is actually everywhere in a 3 ft to 5 ft range of other poop paddies
>everywhere
>go onto wrong trail for camping
>slide down steep hillside for time saving
> getting dark and colder every minute
>bear poop is now found too often as we walk to our campsite
> camp out in a circle of trees with elk and bison bones scattered about near a lot of crushed and chewed up branches(bears)
>friend cant sleep
> i brought six pack of budweiser. freezing, friend is too afraid to cook any food for fear of bears
>i watch the stars, drink beer, eat some ready food and friend falls asleep in tent, as do i later on
>one end of tent fell down during the night with cold wet fabric laying on our faces, too cold ot get out and fix
>our bottles of water were frozen upon awakening at first light
> fingers numb
>leave immediately.
>sun light is our only solice but takes two hours before we reach it( in the shade of a hill side
>not enough food, overweightpack,freezing, exhausted from cold, hike and lack of food
>take so many breaks on just the hike back we thought we might not make it ack from how weak we were
>so sore the next few days
>ate dennys first chance we got.
good night

>the realization of being alone out there and you must rely on yourself is pretty exhilarating
would do it again
the army never worked me that hard
>>
File: bull-shark-1.jpg (20KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
bull-shark-1.jpg
20KB, 400x266px
>>628579
Spearfishing in the Cozumel channel, shot a big permit on an 80ft wreck and two more in our party did the same. We were all at the surface fighting these thrashing, bleeding permit when the biggest bull shark I've ever seen, second biggest shark overall that I've seen, bops on over and starts circling a few feet below our fins. We hollered for the boat to come get us, pulled the permit in ASAP and took off to hunt somewhere else. I'd never been afraid of sharks before then, but that one got to me because dive operators feed the bull sharks off of Playa Del Carmen.

Had a redneck shoot at me while I was walking home from hunting near a property line because he thought I was trespassing... on my own property. I hit the deck and shouted back at him to identify myself and explain that he'd better cut that shit out. When he got a hold of himself, I walked over and shook hands, but I was debating whether to curb stomp the little bastard the whole time.

Fishing in a narrow spawning creek on the Alagnac River, I had a super cranky looking old brown bear following a sow up and down the banks, and later in the day a trio of young bears galloped directly past me on their way downstream to the lake. It's amazing how chill bears are when there's an excess of food that doesn't fight back.

When I was a little kid I got myself into some stupid situations free-climbing walls up in the hills and trying to scale down the sides of ravines near home. I still do that sometimes when I get drunk outdoors, but I really ought to stop.

One time when my scout troop was playing man hunt in the middle of the night at a state park, I was the target and made a clutch run in to base by running down a 20 foot dirt cliff that we'd been climbing around on during the day. Only the fat kid was guarding that spot because people thought if I tried to go there I'd have to climb or crawl down it, but I was a depressive 14 year old and didn't think I'd mind terribly if I got hurt.
>>
>>628700

>skiing guide for blind people

kekkidy kek kek kek kek kek kek kek
>>
>>628838

Not bad at all. They're surprisingly good because they're fearless. They're used to get hit with shit and they dont see a fuck.

They pay me a bit, all expenses covered and I can skip the line on every station.

If I couldnt skip the line I'd never ski myself.
>>
>land STOL @ 7600' elevation
>say to buddy I pack tent and stake you pack stove
>buddy makes acknowledgement noise
>hike up another 3k
>storm blowing in
>time to make camp so don't freeze to death lets gather some wood
>tent up get stove outta your pack man
>lol I don't got the stove thought you brought it
>5AM paradoxical undressing begins

Damn near froze to death on the side of a mountain because dumb ass hunting partner not pay attention. Lost tips of 4 fingers, lost 3 toes. Nose never be the same.
>>
File: IMGP4376.jpg (181KB, 1000x662px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP4376.jpg
181KB, 1000x662px
i was being stalked by a black bear for about 5 hours while I would camping alone. It started coming into my camp around 10pm and I'd chase it away but it kept coming back. Finally after around 2am it came back more aggresively than ever and I knew I couldn't just go to sleep with this shit going on. So i had to don my headlamp and hatchet and hoof it the fuck out in the dark. Was pretty fukt.

That's about it though, except for my falling out my tower story, the getting hit by a car on my bike story and the time I got struck by lightning but that was /in/ believe it or not.
>>
There was a story going around /pol/ not too long ago about a white couple at a gas station in Shreveport, louisiana, and some blacks came, white guy tried to stick up for his gf but one of the black kids threw a metal beam at her face and bashed it pretty good.

Well a couple months before that I had spent a week sleeping out in a baseball dugout there
>>
>>629176
That bitch deserved it for dressing like a slag and relaxing
>>
>>629176
>>629188
https://youtu.be/DSL_wIJY2_M
>>
>>628823
You do realize every 3-4 lines of that story you almost died, right? Needlessly at that.
>>
>>629195
That's fine, it was black kids attacking white people. Nothing to see here.
>>
>>629199
White girl got her privileged checked by oppressed urban youths. Lol
>>
>>628784
>uncle asks if I want to go camping
Thought I was about to read a molestation story.
>>
>>628579
I have a few whitewater stories

https://vimeo.com/145234945
Im the guy in the orange boat at the end of this video. These are 5 drops in a gorge, the video only shows the first 3 but there are 2 10 ft drops below it, one of which is called cheese grater.
>Ace the first 2 drops, avoiding the log on the second one
>Set up for the 3rd drop and take a terrible line going left to right
>Get broached against the wall and sucked into a hole
>Try 2 roll attempts in hole before getting flushed out
>Try another one, then I get my paddle caught on a rock and it gets yanked out of my hands
>Try a hand roll ad fail miserably before pulling and swimming
>Try to grab on to cliff walls, but is all so slippery, current is a bit swift here
>Friends scramble to try to rescue me and get my gear
>Guy on cliff throws me a rope, which I catch and cling onto for dear life
>Friend, who I always make fun of for having too much safety gear, attaches his lifejacket tow line to my boat right before it goes over the next drop
>They get my gear to me and I have to shimmy up the back of my boat to get in becuase there's no land in this part of the gorge, only cliff walls
>Run the next 2 drops just fine
>Buy everyone 3 rounds of beer after
>>
>>628833
>I walked over and shook hands
Shaking hands with a guy who just shot at you is the most beta thing I've read all year. Thanks for the kek anon.
>>
>>629268
kek
>>
>>629279

I was unaware 4chin had a character limit.

Almost swam over a waterfall another time as well.
https://youtu.be/QI-vRwDB4rQ?t=1m40s
>Guy who shot the video (in the first story) took the worst line possible over a 12 ft waterfall,
>Swims
>Everyone scrambles to get him to shore and get his boat
>His boat gets pushed to me by someone and I push it a bit closer to shore before he takes over again
>I then get out on to shore so i can try and haul his boat ups
>His boat comes to me but Im standing on moss covered rocks
>I grab it, but have no traction and slip
>Boat comes out of eddy and starts going towards waterfall
> I hold on to rocks like 2 feet above lip of waterfall
>The boat is basically over at this point
>I let go and a buddy has to tow me out of that spot
>The boat and paddle get caught at the bottom of the falls for a bit before getting flushed into an eddy
>Guy who swam fucked up his ankles by penciling onto a rock and couldnt boat for 3 months :(

Last time was when A friend swam and we chase her gear for 1/2 a mile through a class 4 gorge that I hadnt run before. I ended up grabbing her paddle and had to run a 14 ft slide and a couple of boulder drops while holding 2 paddles in my hands.
>>
>rockclimbing the Shawangunk mountains in NY
>one cam comes dislodged
>drop 20 ft
>think this is it
>cam below failure cam holds
>live

Yup that was the last time I rock climbed
>>
File: leopard attack.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
leopard attack.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>629280
>keeping the peace with your neighbors is beta
I wasn't in danger anymore and would never be able to prove in court that he did anything. I wasn't going to shoot him, so doing what I can to look like I wasn't shook up was the best I could do. He was obviously freaking out when he realized what he'd done, because my family's decently influential, and I can't imagine anything good coming of that unresolved tension. The guy owns a little bit of land ajdacent to ours and I'd be doing my father a disservice by not smoothing over that relationship in case Dad wants to buy the guy's place or request an easement. Would it be more alpha to flee into the woods screaming "RREEEEE"?
>>
File: 1360082326980.gif (64KB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
1360082326980.gif
64KB, 160x120px
>>629289

yes
>>
>>629287
Also why I stopped climbing, would write down what happened but it was pretty much exactly the same story.

Any other Brits in here?
>Walking Seats Sandal
>Fat as fuck at the the time (12 years ago now)
>weather report says sun and 22 degrees
>lolnope
>get to the top, get caught in surprise blizzard
>can't see more than 2 foot in front of you
>brother has rope, we tie ourselves together
>have to ass slide down the mountain
>get half way down, blizzard stops
>being a fat fuck and just as unfit, I spend the rest of the hike falling over my own tired feet.

Nowhere near as extreme as some of the other stories here, but when that blizzard hit and we couldn't orientate ourselves on the map, it seemed like we were in a lot of trouble.
>>
File: moon man.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
moon man.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
>>629303
>standing by truck after a long day of durr huntin
>large man in camo with a rifle approaches in the dusk
>fucking poachers, I'll show this guy
>fire one over his head from my thutty-thutty lever-action
>dude sprints off into the woods with his arms out behind him like Naruto screeching something about "normies" and "roasties"
>get shot through the neck without warning next time I get near that property line
>fucking poachers
>>
>>629289
I don't care if it was my neighbor or the bloody Prince of Wales. If someone shot at me, I wouldn't shoot them or run screaming but I'd give them a fucking piece of my mind so they know how retarded they are. How about correcting foolish behavior instead of rewarding it?
>>
File: pepe license.jpg (106KB, 600x378px) Image search: [Google]
pepe license.jpg
106KB, 600x378px
>>629309
>shaking hands means I didn't chew him out
You can do both. My philosophy is that forgiveness is only valid from a position of power, and obviously something had to be done to regain that power before I told him it was all good. Dude was already scared because I didn't take off running, so telling him he fucked up and could have gotten himself shot or thrown in jail (once I was close I could have physically overpowered him and called the cops) shook him up to the point where he was downright grateful when I shook his hand. Did your father never shake your hand and make you look him in the eye after spanking you?
>>
>>629310
I get your point though I still think it's beta as fuck. Personally, for a transgression of that severity, there would be more chewing and less shaking. But whatever floats your boat anon.
>>
>>629315
>yell at man and walk off in a huff
That just makes you look scared. He'll go home and rationalize what he did because nothing came of it.

>tell man that you could JUST fuck up his whole life, but you're going to be a cool guy and let it go for now
You're in control of the situation and he'd forever in your debt.
>>
>>629328
>yell at man and walk off in a huff
Where did I ever describe that as my response?

>nothing came of it
Again, here you are making huge assumptions.

It is possible to convey the seriousness of the situation without being all broski about it afterwards.

Do you need a pat on the back and a handshake whenever you fuck up to understand you fucked up?
>>
>>629354
The point is to make him think he's the one who dodged a bullet by your grace. The handshake isn't a bro-thang, it's condescending.
>>
>>629364
WASP detected.
>>
>>629402
>2015
>being a nigger, papist or Jew
>>
>>629235
Exactly, don't want your white privilege checked? Don't be white.
>>
>>629408
I mean, it is 2015, two thousand and fifteen, and there are still white people on the planet. Come on!
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.