[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will picrelated actually work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

Will picrelated actually work?
>>
>>628112
Probably just going to smother & smoulder. One way to find out though..
>>
What is that shit?
>>
If the base fire is strong enough, yeah.

You're better off with a bonfire though; that one looks like a lot of work or a lot of luck. And getting fresh wood to the right spots would be a bitch.
>>
File: c-method-2.jpg (43KB, 325x473px) Image search: [Google]
c-method-2.jpg
43KB, 325x473px
>>628112

>inefficient burn, ashes pile up - stops working
>burns to good, sides ignite before its time - stops working as intended
>burns to bad, doesn't ignite the next log - stops working

looks nice but but i assume i would not be functional

pic related a different self fueling fire
>>
File: Upside_Down_Fire3.jpg (82KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
Upside_Down_Fire3.jpg
82KB, 540x405px
>>628112
I've used this method before and it worked well
>>
>>628136
This is actually illegal where I live, that's why they make it like >>628112
>>
>>628150
>This is actually illegal where I live
Why?
>>
>>628141
definitely works better then OP's.

>there are some things u cant short cut in the wild
>>
>>628161
unattended fires are a big nono in less free states
>>
>>628165
Why would someone build a fire and then leave? Kinda defeats the whole purpose.
>>
>>628358
Not if you are removing refugee centers
>>
>>628358
sleeping
>>
>>628387
lmao
>>
>>628112

I assume it would, but why the fuck wouldn't you just build a campfire? It seems so much more simpler than this shit.
>>
>>628112
Not how it was intended the fire will climb all the logs and most likely split them at the middle so now you will just have a line of fire.
>>
>>628136
This. Unless each of the logs on the ground burns perfectly and completely it going to turn into a mess. That aside, what would be the purpose of this unless you were cooking something for 3546 hours and couldn't tend to the fire?
>>
>>629975
>fail to build stand for drying firewood
>break it apart and lean it
>look at me, I invented a self-fueling fire!

I think this would be the motivation for OP
>>
>>628141
I second the upside down fire as best "don't poke at it" fire.
>>
Wouldn't the flame just travel up the logs?
>>
File: Nying-RakovalkeaFire6.jpg (456KB, 800x595px) Image search: [Google]
Nying-RakovalkeaFire6.jpg
456KB, 800x595px
What about gap-fire? Scandinavians have used this like hundreds of years to sleep in winter.
>>
>>628141
This!!! I made one the last time I was innawoods and it was so easy.
>>
>>630455
oh man looks like the comfiest thing ever
>>
>>630455
Wouldnt the top log just smother the flames of the lower one?
>>
>>630583
It burns slow enough that it doesn't get smothered, although it helps in the beginning if you put some divider/supports between the two logs.

The top log burns about an hour for each 2 cm in thickness, on average (so a log with 20 cm=8 inches in diameter burns for about 10 hours) .
>>
File: cm-243-web.jpg (62KB, 568x464px) Image search: [Google]
cm-243-web.jpg
62KB, 568x464px
>>630583
>smother the flames??

>gap-fire

>gap-

>GAP

>G A P
>A
>P
>>
>>630455
It works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwW0l3r779A
>>
>>630602
I guess you could support it with rocks?
Even then ash would pile up and smother the flames. How do you maintain a constant gap?
>>
>>630986
Its just does. The logs touch each other from few parts but no ash buildup or anything. It just burns alone without a need to touch it and radiates heat.
>>
>>630605
It's not in English , damn.
>>
>>628112
Looks like a primitive heated seat.
>>
File: lage_b1.jpg (20KB, 467x334px) Image search: [Google]
lage_b1.jpg
20KB, 467x334px
>>630455
pic related is a more common and long burning variant
>>
>>631392
What you have there is a "Roitto-tuli" The heat radiation pattern is told to be not so good as "rakovalkea". In a book called Osasto marttinan kaukopartio kertomukset (section Martina L.R.R patroll note) patroll leader notes that more wood is needed to make "Roittotuli" and the heat pattern is not good for cold winters.

I still bet the "roittotuli" is easier to make.
>>
Either it smothers it's self.

It all catches fire and rolling fire logs go everywhere....

Or it works our great!
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.