[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going off the grid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1346781491402.png (524KB, 800x554px) Image search: [Google]
1346781491402.png
524KB, 800x554px
/out/ how do you completely remove yourself from people for a wilderness camping trip? I'm thinking Alaska or upper Michigan, but I want to be away from people COMPLETELY.

I don't want to stray onto private property or something, I just want to go to where no people are and camp out on a river; fish for some trout or something. Sure you can go on camping trails but they are still full of people and you have to deal with potential encounters with the law.

tl;dr give me your advice on getting away from everyone completely. Any stories are appreciated.
>>
national forests, its called dispersed camping. ive never had a problem, you drive in deep until you are on dirt path forest roads, park the car and start hiking in. get a motor vehicle use map from the particular forests website, a fishing license, and plan out a spot. some parts will have larger spaces between forest roads so aim for those. keep in mind there are some forests specific rules and all forests dont want your camp 100-400 feet from a water.
>>
>>627958
also you can generally legally stay in one spot for something like 14 days, then you must at least move your camp a mile away, and you cant go back and forth between two, but you could probly be ok touring the forest like that
>>
How far are you willing to drive and walk?
>>
>>627974

as far as I can get
>>
>>627935
there is no where that remote where the fishing is good. fishermen will travel any lenghts to catch fish
>>
are you going MGTOW?
>>
>no people
>easy acesss
>easy fish
>free camping

Sure thing faggot. Do you want hookers, blow and dominos too?
>>
>>627960
It's actually five miles from your last spot, and you can stay for sixteen days, but there may be more strict local limitations.

Look for lakes that are at least twenty miles from a nearby town, and at least five miles from a road. If there's no direct trail, or multiple other lakes nearby, the chance of weekend campers going up there is decreased even further. You might see a hunter or two if you spend a while up there, but they're going to want as much to do with you as you do with them.
>>
File: image.jpg (6KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6KB, 125x125px
>>628062

Those would actually be the only companions I'd seek out on this venture, so yes kind sir I would.

The world is huge, shouldn't be that hard to find a good secluded spot for me to fobs and fuck hookers while playing dominos with a big bag of blow
>>
>>627935
i go for bad weather
most people would not go out in bad weather so all the forest is mine
>>
>>627935
Parts of the chequamegon national forest in northern wisconsin are pretty good. In the summer avoid areas too close to tourist traps (Rhinelander and Hayward), but I honestly think it's more remote than much of the UP. I used to hunt deer in it with my dad,and in many parts it was very unusual to see orange, even at a high use time with snow on the ground and clothing designed to make you visible.
>>
>>628219
That. Sounds. Amazing!
>>
Syria
>>
>>628062
Yes please
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.