[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

72 hour survivalist gear for under $100

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (43KB, 344x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 344x480px
I would like help putting together a list of gear for a 72 hour trek. Ideally everything I will need to survive, and to be able to fit into my Red Rock Assault backpack (pic related). Let's say my budget is $100, not including the backpack itself. Weather conditions are like fall or spring, a little cold but not a snow storm.
>>
>>626414
72 hours? What is this, preschool? If there's water, bring a filter, otherwise bring clean water. Maybe a sleeping bag, tent and pad, if you're going comfort mode.
>>
>>626414
A tarp, some cord, something to cut wood for fire, something to start the fire, something to boil water with OVER the fire so you can drink it and something to sleep on. You can survive without food for 3 days but essentially some stuff to snack on like jerky or nuts. That's all you need for 3 days to survive. Since that's what you wanted.
>>
>>626431
Actually, let me stop being a dick for a minute and give you some DIY links to stuff you can save some cash on. Your budget is tight so i won't recommend brands. http://www.thesodacanstove.com/alcohol-stove/how-to-build.html

http://www.thesodacanstove.com/accessories/pot-support/

And what you were asking for but for whatever reason didn't google:
http://indefinitelywild.gizmodo.com/all-the-camping-gear-youll-ever-need-for-under-100-1616432918?trending_test_e&utm_expid=66866090-62.H_y_0o51QhmMY_tue7bevQ.5
>>
>>626435
>Your budget is tight so i won't recommend brands.
To hell with it. I will recommend brands because you going out with a Tekton hatchet knowing very little about what you're doing will fuck you up.
If you buy an axe get an estwing, if you get a "survival" knife go with a schrade. NEITHER are top of the line or the most comfortable but they are good quality in their price range.

Your light work knife can be anything but mora does fall in your range.

That's about $50.

A bic lighter is your best for fire starting.

That covers half, I'll leave the rest to the community or you. Good luck.
>>
>>626414
In order of importance, this is my gear...

A GI poncho/tarp and cordage to hang it, and a spare lighter with Hunter orange duct tape for repairs and marking trails, plus Himalayan salt to ward off hyponatremia. This is all you NEED.

Hammock, SOL escape bivy, thermalite extreme liner. Pretty damn comfy, doesn't weight much. Recommended.

Compact fishing pole, hooks, lures, bait. Nice for extra calories or killing time.

Biowipes. Makes a decent TP or just wipedown after a long hike. Purely a comfort item, and I'll usually use moss or mullein instead.

This assumes that you wear a belt and carry a knife and a lighter as a minimal EDC. If you don't, you should. Those three items can save your life in huge variety of situations, even urban.

And you never need to cut wood, fallen branches burn better than anything you'll cut.
>>
File: 1107151438.jpg (891KB, 2048x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1107151438.jpg
891KB, 2048x1350px
>>626438
Eh, muh picture. Dog is optional.
>>
>>626441
Leave out the dog. Too lean. You can't eat that dog.
>>
>>626444
Yeah, not to mention tough to chew. I let him get too old. Puppies are pretty tender, though.
>>
>>626447
Awww yeah.
>>
>>626414
You could at least say thank you.
>>
>>626444
He fits in a pot, so noms. The problem will be that the little mutt can't carry anything. Get a bigger dog. Feed little dog to big dog. Bring big dog.
>>
>>626414
Tarp.
550 or any strong cordag.
Lighter.
Fero rod.
Life boat ration.
Jerky.
5 hour energy.
Ifak.
Headlight.
Flashlight.
Batteries.
Iodine tabs.
Canteen.

Add your cutting tool and weapon
>>
>>626414
if I just had $100 to fill the pack... get a GI canteen from a surplus store, an 8x10' tarp,
a bahco saw, and the rest on the best most compact sleeping bag with what's left. I'm assuming you have a knife already. Also grab a fork and spoon, light cordage would be nice if available.
>>
>>626441
>Dog is optional.
Dog is optimal.
>>
>>628197
Dog is vermin
>>
>>626441
is that a long haired chihuhua? my mom had one that looked alot like that. not the smartest dog, but it was loyal and a pretty good guard dog actually.
>>
Get four gallons of water, some beef jerky and trail mix a bag of weed, some ciggies md 2020 a large plastic garbage bag and head down to the nearest park or brushy area.
>>
>>626414
Sawyer filter
cheap space blanket and poncho liner
Nalgene
Tarp+rope+stakes
beer can stove + wire pot holder
1 metal pan
knife
ferro rod/magnesium block starter
dryer lint in a pill bottle
whatever's left over spend on food. tuna pouches, slim jims, etc

I think this list will run a little over $100 if you get all of it, but you should be comfy for 3 days.
>>
Bandana (rudimentary sediment filter)
Iodine / chlorine tablets (rudimentary purification)
bottled water
alcohol + stove
pot with lid
tarp
sleeping bag
pad
torch
snacks
pocket knife
bit of cordage
basic fak
couple of lighters
a book
a compass
a pack-away rain jacket
wooly hat (plus a jumper depending on climate)
some cash

Axe is unnecessary for 72 hr as is a huge fuck off knife ESPECIALLY if you're on a tight budget. Chances are if you need a 72 hr bag it's just as likely to be urban situation as rural hence the inclusion of cash.

survival fishing gear, ferrorods, etc are all meme-tier and a waste of money at this budget.
>>
>>626414
Go to bike shops, and ask if they have any old intertubes they don't want, and bam you can make ranger bands. Good to hold shit together, and great tinder, too.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.