[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sailing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Anybody into sailing?

Right now I have a 21ft venture, 1985 I believe but I'm not too sure. Great boat, I'm looking for something more ocean capable though.

Found a Cherubini 33, trying to buy it now.

Sorry for the pic. Stupid phone.
>>
>>623031
dont be a fuckin pussy, any thing above 15 with an outboard is fine
>>
>>623057
I want to be comfortable and do a reasonable speed. My venture gets thrown around in 2ft chop. Having something bigger makes it more stable, safer, and allows me to have more passengers.

What's your problem.
>>
>>623057
yeah what's your problem cunt?
>>
>>623073
Nothing, you are a gay
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1242x2208px
It's a great deal.
>>
>>623111
Sailfag here, 20 yrs old with 16 ft boat. Thats a damn good deal.
>>
>>623077
and that's okay
>>
File: Fixed.jpg (685KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
Fixed.jpg
685KB, 2448x3264px
>>623031
Fixed it for you.
>>
>>623031
If you have the time and the money then I say go for it.
>>
>>623896
Time IS money and that boat needs a haulout!
>>
>>623031
#1 question is if it has a working engine. for that size it would be inboard. if there is no engine or it needs an overhaul then you're in trouble. I bought an ancient 22' with an outboard. engine died, no wind, waves put me on the rocks. bad day :( boat was scrapped
>>
>>623111

>Check Sails for holes and other damage
>Check all the rope feeders and winches
>Check Cabin for moisture damage and any corrosion on stove and other kitchen items.
>Make sure engine is running with service history from owner
>Double check comms and navigation systems if any installed on boat.
>Get some snorkeling gear and a wet suite and double check the keel mounting and also the hull integrity for weird dents and other dogy patch work they might have had done. It's all about the drag when sailing so you want to clear those shitty barnicals and seaweed off before you start sailing with it. A new coat of boat led paint for the hull would help a fuckload to make it faster and also to protect keel and hull.
>>
>>624165
> scrapped

Been thinking of buying a sailboat just to scrap it for the keel.

/k/ so, you know...
>>
File: shitstorms-a-brewin.jpg (67KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
shitstorms-a-brewin.jpg
67KB, 550x550px
>>624182

This is coming from a guy who broke a mast doing 11 knots on a 30 footer....

Luckily nobody died and we had beers afterwards!
>>
>>623111
There must be some skullduggery with it if it's going at that price.
But good luck.
>>
>>623894
Thanks.

>>624165
>>624182
Ehh, ad is down anyway. If all the rigging was good and the hull sound I would've bought it regardless of the interior or any electronics.
I'm not planning on going around the world, yet.

Apparently the engine runs, any other work I can do myself. I can live without a lot of the amenities.

>>624184
At least where I live there aren't any rocks, just mud. Why didn't you anchor?

>>624223
From the pictures it looks like the guy was living in it. Interior looked pretty wrecked and full of trash. But like I said earlier as long as it sails it would be worth it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.