[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

any birders on /out/? Seen any good stuff recently?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 11

File: Birders_at_Caerlaverock.jpg (3MB, 2740x1676px) Image search: [Google]
Birders_at_Caerlaverock.jpg
3MB, 2740x1676px
any birders on /out/?

Seen any good stuff recently?
>>
Took a walk yesterday and saw a bird sitting on a power line. It took a shit and I saw it fall to the ground. Surprisingly in all my years I had never seen a bird take a shit. I've seen the shit, I've seen the birds, never seen them combined.

It was interesting. My dog didn't care.
>>
>>621565
really? i have been shit on by multiple birds.

i live on the texas gulf coast and every winter we get tons of birders. i don't really care about it but i know alot of people do. i have been within about 50 yards of a whooping crane though, that was sort of cool. that bird was as tall as me. and supposedly there are only like 300 in existence anymore.
>>
Indeed, I saw grey-headed and black woodpeckers last weekend. Also common crossbills arrived to my country, so I saw them as well.
>>
>>621550
Like 2 months ago I saw a buteo magnirostris eating a columbina talpacoti
>>
Saw a red-tailed hawk out my window about 5 minutes ago.
>>
File: DSC_1188.jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1188.jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
Not a birder, but I was out yesterday and saw a scrub jay.

The pic looks weird because I was in my tent so it was taken through the bug mesh.
>>
File: kookaburra5.jpg (121KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
kookaburra5.jpg
121KB, 960x1280px
Not a birder either, but I have been trying to learn about the birds I see.

Recently had a great out moment...
>See a kookaburra
>Slowly walk closer for better look
Kookaburra is ok with this
>Slowly walk even closer
>Slowly walk even closer
>Slowly reach out and pat kookaburra
>>
File: IMG_3015.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3015.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I saw an owl in a tree. My phone camera had a hard time focusing on it. By the looks of it, it could have been 7 feet tall and 800lbs. I could be wrong about the size though.
>>
>>622369
>be me
>setting up tent
>having a bit of trouble because hung over because Jan 1
>kookaburra laughing at me the whole time
Fuck kookaburras.
>>
>>622379
>By the looks of it, it could have been 7 feet tall and 800lbs
The elusive flying samsquatch, finally photographed! Post it on /x/ they'll love it.
>>
>>621550
Saw a really nice male Quetzal in Costa Rica. I have pics but I'm too lazy to find them.
>>
>>621550
Not a birder, but I know the names to some species...
Euphonia Laniirostris chirping af & checking its reflection on my room's window:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL6-qhbJ3c8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL6-qhbJ3c8
>>
File: doesn't matter had sex.jpg (115KB, 500x682px) Image search: [Google]
doesn't matter had sex.jpg
115KB, 500x682px
>>621550
midwestern birder here.

I haven't gotten to get out much recently, but last weekend I took a trip and saw greater white fronted geese and american white pelicans. This coming weekend I am going to a saw-whet owl banding station so I am pretty psyched.
>>
Sometimes i bring binoculars when i go on lite hikes and watch birds for a few mins.

Sometimes its almost like the crows are just enjoying the drafts and floating which is pretty cool. And watching red tailed hawks try to claw eachother from above is pretty neat too
>>
>>622594
if you have never seen hawks fucking you are a shit.

the second gril i ever loved i took to watch hawks fucking. it is really cool the make hawk claws into the female hawk and then they just dive toward earth in a death dive. then the male hawk jizzes and the both take off.

that grill never talked to me again. but hawk sex is pretty cool
>>
Here is a bird for you retarded faggots.
Try a real hobby like shitting in geocatches.
>>
>>621550
Are these nerds really just hoping to look at some birds?
>>
>>622695
Yeah. South Texas here. When really rare birds show up down here, forget about going to that place. Sometimes you'll get hundreds of people clogging up Bentsen State Park because they all want to see some bird that's common in Mexico, but doesn't fly across the river often.
>>
Oh lord.

My dad tried to get me into birding. I always went along because it was an /out/ing. But honestly couldn't get into it. Mostly all old people in the groups he was with anyway. Somehow I always felt that there was a hidden sex cult involved.

You ever get that vibe? Hidden sex cult vibe?

"Look at my new digiscope"
"Boy that sure is a big scope you got there Roy"
>>
>>623826
"mind if I have a go with that bad boy later?"
>>
>>621570
Manlet
>>
>>623826
Have you also noticed that a lot of common bird names also sound pretty damn sexual?

There's a bird called a booby. I mean, seriously?
>>
>>622469
it mimics the call of a Great Kiskadee near the end of the video
>>
File: Great_tit_side-on.jpg (29KB, 500x349px) Image search: [Google]
Great_tit_side-on.jpg
29KB, 500x349px
>>623841
>>623885
"Sure, just as soon as I'm done checking out these Great Tits."
>>
>>621550

Britfag here, saw a couple of red-tail kites flying along side me on the way to the gym.

High off my nut on pre-workout it was fucking intense. Looking to get some snaps of birds soon.
>>
>>622681
I birdwatch, kick cairns and geopoop.
Sorry friendo.
>>
Going to bird watch in Normandy tomorrow. I will do some drawings on the field too.
Good thing is, birding is not common in France so I'll be completely alone.
>>
Recently went birding in northern germany. Saw nothing too special, but a shit load of Regulus regulus.
Also dead Uria aalge, so many of them just dangling from their nests.
>>
File: 20151105_174635.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20151105_174635.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>622333
Florida or western? Looks like Florida.

I spotted a burrowing owl yesterday after work. It was just before sunset, so the picture isn't great. Cool little birds.

Also the white pelicans have returned to SWFL, it is officially snowbird season.
>>
>>622382
But did he save you any gumdrops?
>>
File: 20151106_141307.jpg (2MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20151106_141307.jpg
2MB, 1920x2560px
Hey birders, can you help me identify this feather? It was found in Cape Coral, Florida near water.

My guess is osprey or bald eagle, which either way is illegal to have, I guess.
>>
>>625699
that a chicken feather mang
>>
Yesterday I found a dead robin besides the road while I was cycling home from /out. I think it hit the glass wall of the busstop. I called a friend of mine who is into taxidermists and he said he will take it. Untill then RIP robin is chilling in the freezer.
>>
So, there is a hawk in my neighborhood and I want to get it close so I can get a picture of it. Sometimes it'll sit on the power line post and just stare, but that's very, very rare. I'd set up my telescope and point it in that direction (it's all I have besides different lenses for my camera) but I can't just sit out there all day in my yard.

Is there anything I can do to bring it to a specific point? It's been around for a few weeks. I don't want to hurt it, obviously, just... "pose" it by "baiting" it in. Maybe I can get a glove and it'll choose to be my hunting companion so that we may go into the wilderness and hunt small animals. What a day.
>>
Someone ran over a warbler at work on Friday.
>>
File: 1440715443766.jpg (26KB, 330x327px) Image search: [Google]
1440715443766.jpg
26KB, 330x327px
>>625699
I've handled an injured raptor before and the feds haven't gotten me yet.
>>
File: IMG_20151025_124030499.jpg (5MB, 2432x4320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151025_124030499.jpg
5MB, 2432x4320px
>>626770
Pic related flew right past my head and landed 15 ft away from me when I was planting garlic, got within 4 ft. Before he took off
>>626822
As have I. It's nothing too special , saved it from some netting actually
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.