[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Calling all druids

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 12

File: image.jpg (292KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
292KB, 640x960px
Hey guys! My spiritual life is toaism/druidry. Worshiping nature, interconnected web of energy/being.
Any other druids out there? Id love to communicate with others thst actually understand what im talking about.

ITT: druids, druids everywhere
>pic related to a certain extent.
>>
GOD IS MARIJUANA
>>
So what's your mystery?
>>
Shaman here. Druids are faggots.
>>
I dont subscribe to any belief system but I use magic mushrooms for inward journeying and to experience a deeper connection to nature on occasion.

There's nothing that inspires a sense of the sacred and divine in me than meditating in the woods or on a mountain though. No thoughts, no dogma. Just you and nature existing together.
>>
>>421954
>>421939
>Lol bro I do drugs to connect with nature and the higher powers, so spiritual

You're just getting high you fucking faggots
>>
>>421958
yeah lets simplify complex neurological processes by calling it 'just getting high'
>>
>>421958
There's a difference. Not that you would be able to comprehend it, though!
>>
File: 47r0ux3.jpg (124KB, 924x1111px) Image search: [Google]
47r0ux3.jpg
124KB, 924x1111px
>>421958

Yes ok. Just getting high.

http://reset.me/content-category/psilocybin/

https://vimeo.com/64459868

For the record I don't enjoy being high. I don't have the right kind of mind to enjoy drugs and even alcohol causes me intense anxiety. Sometimes my mushroom journeys are incredibly hard work but the things I learn make the work worthwhile.
>>
>>421965
yeah lets complicate doing drugs by saying you "achieve" something

>>421969
hate to be the bearer of bad news but you've deluded yourself with all these drugs. People like you get committed where I work for schizophrenia.

>>421970
>I dont have the right kind of mind to enjoy drugs
>But I do these mushrooms lol

just admit you're just doing drugs and stop being pretentious fags
>>
>>421974

Yeah I use mushrooms and like I say, it is not always enjoyable. I don't take these things to ignore my problems and get high like most drugs are used. I take them ceremonially to face trauma and be healed from within. There is wisom in nature and through these mushrooms, you can access it.

Mushrooms are non-addictive, can be TERRIFYING and are self regulating, i.e you cannot abuse them day after day because they stop working. They grow naturally all around the world. They have been used by humans for thousands of years for shamanic, healing and introspective purposes and they have no adverse side-effects.

So no, not drugs at all. Plant medicine.

If you have never used mushrooms in this way then you literally cannot say anything as you are talking about something you have literally ZERO knowledge about.
>>
>>421978
Jesus Christ, maybe one day you'll see how fucking insane you sound one day. So many people like you get admitted to the psych hospital I work at and its sad
>>
File: 1406974024197.jpg (69KB, 600x784px) Image search: [Google]
1406974024197.jpg
69KB, 600x784px
>>421980

You know nothing about me. I take shrooms, in a moderate, measured amount, 3 to 4 times a year.

If you had used plant medicines yourself you would see that I don't sound insane at all. I have simply experienced something which you know nothing about, which runs against the grain of western-type medicine. You are parroting an indoctrinated thought-pattern that is not your own but that of the society you were raised in, which wrongfully classifies plant medicines as drugs, which incidentally is also destroying the natural world which creates these amazing and life-changing substances.

In the not too distant future you will see psilocybin mushrooms being used everywhere to treat people with anxiety, depression and other psychological disorders. It has already begun. Just like cannabis is now being recognized as a natural treatment for many ailments and is being legailized all over the world, so soon will natural psychedelics.

If you have netflix I point you to watch a documentary called "Neurons To Nirvana; Understanding Psychedelic Medicines". Amazing things are happening in this field right now so why not educate yourself further instead of repeating outdated, unfounded and totally illogical thought patterns.

Plant medicines help me in ways I cant even explain and they could help you too, friend.
>>
File: MarlboroCampbells.jpg (28KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
MarlboroCampbells.jpg
28KB, 500x374px
>>421978

Yeah I use a rock to smash my testicles and like I say, it is not always enjoyable. I don't take these things to ignore my problems and get high like most drugs are used. I take them ceremonially to face trauma and be healed from within. There is wisom in nature and through these rocks, you can access it.

Rocks are non-addictive, can be TERRIFYING and are self regulating, i.e you cannot abuse them day after day because they stop working. They grow all around the world. They have been used by humans for thousands of years for shamanic, healing and introspective purposes and they have no adverse side-effects.

So no, not drugs at all. Rock medicine.

If you have never used rocks in this way then you literally cannot say anything as you are talking about something you have literally ZERO knowledge about.
>>
>>421958
>>421974
>>421980

It's pretty obvious you've never tried psychedelics before.

You should.

Unless you have a family history of mental illness, don't want your little ego-centric world view to be shattered or are afraid of a revelation that you might be a shitty person.

>>421991
hue

If multiple societies around the world had smashed their balls with rocks for millenia to attain some semblance of religiosity, I'd be tempted to give it a try too.
>>
>>421980
dude theres no reason to be so negative. im not saying the kid doesnt sound silly af but live and let live. so what if hes trying to find inner peace or whatever (not gonna lie, couldnt be assed to read the whole thread) through experimenting with mind altering substances? so fucking what. everyone whos not contributing positively to this thread should gtfo and just minimize it if you dont want to see it.
>>
>>421999
>If multiple societies around the world had smashed their balls with rocks for millenia to attain some semblance of religiosity, I'd be tempted to give it a try too.

Many religions and spiritual belief systems use pain ritual to achieve altered states of consciousness.

>Self-flagellation
>zanjeer zani
>sun dance

to name a few.
>>
>>421954
>I dont subscribe to any belief system

Bullshit. We all know your subscription got cancelled because you were too stoned to remember the date on the renewal notice
>>
>>422004

The damage from those is not as permanent nor painful as smashing your balls with a rock.
>>
>>422007

Well, I guess you could call "not being a cunt to others" a belief system.
>>
>>421970
>mushroom journeys are incredibly hard work but the things I learn make the work worthwhile.

What kind of things? Stuff like Hawking-level physics, or is it more along the lines of "deep down inside, I really am me"?
>>
>>421988
>Plant medicines help me in ways I cant even explain

Not helping your case at all.
>>
>>422011
It certainly is. It even has a name. It's called civilized behavior.
>>
>>422013

He's right though. It's difficult to put into words. I'll give it a try.

You realize how limited this form of communication is. Making noises with our mouth and teeth and these little scribbles everywhere.

What I find is that they help me come to terms with my own mortality. They remove the filters for truly appreciating each fleeting glimpse of this reality we inhabit. They give a strong sense of interconnectedness and make you gracious for the people you know and love.
>>
>>422015

Well then that's the belief system I follow.
>>
File: pw_1.jpg (370KB, 1024x1280px) Image search: [Google]
pw_1.jpg
370KB, 1024x1280px
>>422009

Haha true enough

>>422012

Direct experience of the infinite nature of your own consciousness, realizations every thing is connected and all one, deep personal truths and buried trauma that you never realized was there and was having an effect on you now. All personal stuff. The guy who discovered the DNA double helix structure did it on lsd though.

>>422013
It's beyond words. It's something that has to be experienced to be fully understood. Words are only symbols, like the word "wet" can never convey the experience of being wet, just like my words can never describe the psychedelic experience.

>>422019
Well put.
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 250x187px
Op here, smoke weed occasionally. When im stoned i feel like meditating. So i meditate and still worship nature. Its just im stoned. So yes to the faggot who is starting shit, i do get high. But I worship while i do it . I have respect for the plant and shrooms i smoke/eat. As long as it isnt going to waste right? And other faggot who is defending himself, quit taking the b8 m8
>>
>>421952
Also i have upmost respect for shamans.
Good on ya m8. :)
And yeah, druids can be faggots from time to time.
>>
>>422087
I'm just teasing, druidry is cool. I'm locally traditional is all.
>>
>>422086
Also don't shrooms lose potency when exposed to a certain amount of heat? Wouldn't smoking shrooms be redundant?
>>
>>422102

I'm pretty sure he was talking about plants when he said smoke.

I've never heard of anyone smoking shrooms.

I prefer to inject 40 marijuanas myself.
>>
>>422102

Its only quite high temperatures that supposedly destroy psilocybin. That being said I always let the water cool for 5 minutes before I make shroom tea just incase. I also dry my shrooms over a radiator on a low setting and I have never noticed any loss in potency.

Also, nobody smokes shrooms ever. It wouldnt work. Eat them raw as you pick them, eat them dried and/or crumbled over a pizza or in melted chocolate or peanut butter, make a tea or grind them to powder and encapsulate them and take them as a pill. Thats the usual ways people would take them.
>>
Can you please stop trying to prescribe ancient religions to justify your drug habits. You aren't a fucking druid.
>>
>>422131
You already sound like you're beating a dead horse. You're just resentful and bitter. gg padre much luck in dying lol
>>
>>422131
Habits =/= religious use. or am I wrong? hm
>>
singularities cool and all but really I just like to catch fish
>>
>>422131

It is not a drug habit, it is a sacred sacrament which isnt used lightly.
>>
I like to do mushrooms twice a year.

I sure am addicted huh guys?
>>
Fucking embarrassing drug users in this thread. Actually pretending they're engaging in some sacrament. What do your parents think of you?
>>
>>422188

They know I do it. They didn't really approve of it given they lived through the the Nancy Raegen just say no bullshit.

They're okay with it now because I've proven that I won't kill myself, haven't tried to pawn the tv and have lived a productive and successful life so far. I like to share the occasional joint with my dad when we visist around the holidays, after hunting or as we watch King of The Hill.

I hope your parents approve of and accept you too.
>>
File: sXe.jpg (16KB, 236x314px) Image search: [Google]
sXe.jpg
16KB, 236x314px
>>421939
>>421947
>>421954
>>421965
>>421969
>>421970
>>421974
>>421978
>>421991
>>421999
>>422086
>>422107
>>422119
>>422186
>>422192
fucking junkies
>>
>>422199

Love you too, little straight-edge fella.
>>
Well, I don't use any drugs, but Ár nDraíocht Féin druid here. They get a little bogged down in the scholarship stuff, but it's a convenient affiliation for the moment.
>>
Took a marijuana last summer with my cousin. I was so stoned I felt edgy and fought a swan. I'll never do it again but the fight left me feeling empowered and one with nature.
>>
File: RIMG0375.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
RIMG0375.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
>>422268
dropped a bit of lsd here, very pleasant trip
>>
>>421988
Haha pretentious new age kids think they achieve nirvana after taking mushrooms. L M A O
>>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imbas_forosai
>>
>>422273

I never once said I achieved Nirvana, nor am I a "new age kid". There is irrefutable evidence that humans have been using mushrooms for thousands of years so it is hardly a new age practice is it? (for the record I dislike new-agers. They pick and chose what they like from any and all belief systems and blend them together into some airy-fairy bullshit belief system which takes the same amount of blind faith as any other organized religion...but at least they dont do anyone any harm).

I really suggest everyone watch this documentary. I believe it is now on netflix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EpFWLrMhn0
>>
>>421978
>no adverse side-effects

Except for the puking and shitting.

>>421980
Let me guess, you're not a psychologist, or a psychiatrist, you're just there to mop the floors or cook the food, and now, since you don't understand mental illness, you just see it in anything different and weird? Do you have serious worries about yourself, sometimes?
>>
>>422199
>YOUR LIFESTYLE IS TOO EXTREME!
>BE STRAIGHT EDGE INSTEAD, BECAUSE THAT'S REASONABLE!
>>
>>422291

If you make mushroom tea and siv out the mushroom matter then you dont get nausea. Also, taking some ginger capsules can further help reduce any nausea some people may get from high dose tea.
>>
File: 1414598103214.jpg (413KB, 2490x1740px) Image search: [Google]
1414598103214.jpg
413KB, 2490x1740px
Norse pagan/Traditionalist school (perennial philosophy) here, if I have to put a label on it.
I've never tried any drugs but I'd like to try hallucinogenics some time.
Though for me there's more to spirituality/religion than short cut insights through drugs.
>>
You should have a deeply rooted practice in meditation before starting experiments with your consciousness.
>>
>Wanting to achieve nirvana
>Arguing with a progressive mindset
>Worship of nature
>Drug abuse
>Esoteric superstitions

Mate, you are lost.
I strongly recommend you seek spiritual guidance in your closest Buddhist monastery.
>>
>>421939
you sound like me 5 years ago. Don't worry, you'll stop being a faggot
>>
>>422317
>short cut through drugs
Drugs are not a shortcut. I had a 6g shroom trip that raised far more questions than it answered and completely shook my perceptions of the world
>>
>>422019
Ok, that's not medicinal in nature. More introspective. Don't even start in on the whole buried trauma gig unless you can point at documented cases of mental illness being significantly helped by dosing with psychedelics. And I am aware of the work that was being done to treat alcoholism with LSD in the 50s. It showed a lot of promise. What you're talking about is less medicinal and more along the lines of feeling better about yourself.

Btw, I've done a fair amount of acid, shrooms, and peyote.
>>
>>422273

You'd see me on the streets and think I was just some square.

>L M A O

Are you a grill?
>>
>>421939
To be a druid, go innawoods and start talking to trees. When they talk back you're making progress
>>
>>422447

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/acid-test-the-case-for-using-psychedelics-to-treat-ptsd-depression/2014/09/04/03c3c222-0e01-11e4-8c9a-923ecc0c7d23_story.html

http://thedianerehmshow.org/shows/2014-10-02/using-psychedelic-drugs-treat-mental-disorders

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychedelic_therapy

http://mentalhealthdaily.com/2014/03/12/using-psilocybin-magic-mushrooms-to-treat-depression/

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/17/health/magic-mushroom-chemical-depression/

http://reset.me/story/psilocybin-has-long-term-mental-health-benefits/

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/lsd-magic-mushrooms-and-other-psychedelics-not-linked-to-mental-health-woes/

http://healthland.time.com/2011/06/16/magic-mushrooms-can-improve-psychological-health-long-term/

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/ending-addiction-good/201407/can-psilocybin-mushrooms-help-cure-mental-illness

And that's just all I bothered to dredge up in a minute of Googling. And yes, wouldn't you know it when it comes to issues of mental illness or simply confronting life feeling better about yourself, everyone around you, and finding peace within your own life and death is the best medicine available. And for someone who claims to have experienced a few of these things for yourself I'm surprised that feeling is lost on you.
>>
Anyone gone to a floatation tank?
Anyone listen / read Alan Watts?
>>
File: alan_watts-445676.jpg (59KB, 659x292px) Image search: [Google]
alan_watts-445676.jpg
59KB, 659x292px
>>423336

I cant listen to alan watts without thinking about his alcoholism. Dont get me wrong, the man made a lot of sense about a lot of things but in many ways he fails to live up to what he espoused.

But, were none of us born perfect I guess.
>>
>>423348
That's why you're supposed to focus on the message and not the speaker.
>>
>>422447
>Don't even start in on the whole buried trauma gig unless you can point at documented cases of mental illness being significantly helped by dosing with psychedelics

Do you live under a rock?
>>
>>421952
Do you even CoDzilla?
>>
File: 1408346750337.gif (967KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
1408346750337.gif
967KB, 245x180px
>>423150
This made me giggle.
>>
>>423392
Got case studies? Citeable science? Or you just going to ad hom at me?

Show me the science, bitch.
>>
>>423841
http://www.maps.org/research-archive/lsd/Gasser-2014-JMND-4March14.pdf

http://mdmaptsd.org/research-category.html

http://iceers.org/science-interest-ayahuasca.php#.VHVm-cny0aY

Just a couple.

This is only the beginning.
>>
>>423162
>I'm surprised that feeling is lost on you.

I never said anything of the sort. I had any number of self realizations and useful insights pertaining to my interactions with others. It wasn't mystical or ethereal or celestial. It was just altered brain chemistry making me think and perceive in atypical patterns. And deep down under it all, I never lost sight of that.
>>
>>421980
You are the reason people like >>421988
retreat into their heads, to become better people and learn to treat others in an understanding and learning way, not a condescending ignorance like you are hoarding
>>
>tfw shaman
Druids are fags.
>>
>>424366
>not wanting to go camping with your druid buddy
why the hate?
>>
>>424366
>Druids are fags
Take that back
>>
>This pseudo-spiritual shit
>on fucking 4chan
Plz
>>
>>423336
>>423348
His text "The Joyous Cosmology" was the most uplifting thing I read all summer, reaffirming the importance of being cognizant that the mind perceives from a center which it cannot see
>>
>>421939
I really wish you faggot degenerates weren't associated with the Old Ways.
>>
>>421939
>tfw oak king is being a twat and won't just die this year
>>
>>421999
>>421991
>>422004

The Naga Sadhu of India lift large rocks with their flacid penises. Check it out on youtube.

True story.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_112014_092534.jpg (655KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_112014_092534.jpg
655KB, 1920x1080px
im a druid
>>
>>423348

The truth is still the truth, even if told by the worlds greatest liar.

this one is mine.
>>
>>421939
weren't the druids formed in like the 50s
>>
>>425886
You're thinking wiccans with Gerald Gardener.
Neo-Druidism came out in the 18th century alongside the romantic era. Essentially the entire time period was rich British people emulating a flavour of the week fantasy
>>
>>422009
The damage from psychedellics is less than the pain of being disconnected from nature and the actual reality. Not money, not clothes, not software, but animals and dirt and the great Akasha.
>>
>>425705
Drugs are not degenerate, being alone is.
Nudity isn't degenerate, clothing is.
History proves that everyone has been getting high Long before the Romans.
>>
So given that there are no written accounts of the religious practices the ancient druids took part in, does this mean that modern druids just made a bunch of stuff up and called it druidism?

I mean no disrespect, i'm genuinely interested to know where the practices come from and why you call it druidism?
>>
>>425983
They were also attributing illness to evil spirits and bad blood
>>
>>425984
Organizations like ADF and OBOD base their ideas on what is conveyed through lore like the Mabinogion, information into daily life provided by archaeological discoveries, and what other snippets can be pieced together from historical accounts from other cultures that encountered them - such as what observations and such may have been recorded by priests as they attempted to replace the cultures' Pagan practices with Christianity.

However, this IS combined with consideration of how to make such things relevant and relatable to 21st-century society. So there really are not any "age old Pagan religions" today as such. All modern Pagans are really what have come to be known as neo-Pagans. So those claiming to follow a path that is centuries old or such are full of it. Neo-Pagan and other Earth-centered spiritual paths may draw ideas from historical information, but none can really claim to be steeped in antiquity.

So, yes and no. It's not quite as simple as making shit up, but there have been gaps filled in from other spiritual paths, cultures, and whatnot. For example, the ADF "core order of ritual" draws a bit of inspiration from the flow of a standard Catholic mass by Isaac Bonewits' (one of ADFs originators) own admission.
>>
>>426054
Some of the notable things that separate Druidry from something like Wicca include:
-Wicca is often duotheistic or even monothestic in the case of those that focus on a goddess figure.
-Druidry, by comparison, is largely polytheistic, though OBOD even has folks that identify as Christo-Pagan, Judeo-Pagan, Buddha-Pagan, on and on.. even some Atheist-Pagan druids.

-Wiccans typically "call quarters" and invoke earth, air, fire, and water. They associate these with the four cardinal directions and may have guardians, sentinels, watchtowers, at each or such.
-Druidry often invokes land, water/sea, and sky. Fire is not called out as an element, but is important in ritual as a transformative element that shapes the other three.

-Defining sacred space in Wicca often involves the casting of a circle for various reasons... most notably as a form of protection.
-Druidry often involves asking a deity or other important figure to be a "gatekeeper." It serves a similar function, but allows a bit more flexibility in that it does not mean a space cannot be "broken" as with a circle. For example, if someone has a kid that starts acting up they can leave the area without making everyone feel like the ritual space just got fucked up.

The other big notable element with Druidry versus something like Wicca is Druidry usually focuses on Indo-European pantheons such as Celtic, Nordic, Anglo-Saxon, Gaulish and some organizations even include Vedic (Hindu) and Kemetic (Egyptian) since there was some contact and influence from those cultures. It typically doesn't extend to Native American or Eastern spiritual paths. But by and large the Druid organizations like ADF and OBOD take the stance that you can believe whatever the heck you want. It may just fall outside what they use to define themselves for the purposes of handy reference.
>>
>>426060
Oh yeah, I forgot Hellenic and Roman pantheons as well.
>>
>>426025
"They" also used medicinal plants to cure illnesses. The christians on the other hand went full retard with superstition, devils and witches.
>>
>>426074
>implying only christians had superstitions and evil creatures
>implying only pagans used medicinal properties of plants
You need to read past Silver Ravenwolf now
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.