[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forraging thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: dandelion-drawing.jpg (57KB, 276x380px) Image search: [Google]
dandelion-drawing.jpg
57KB, 276x380px
Are there any good online resources to find good information on what are some good foraging foods for my area?
>>
>>1097553
If you're US, check your state's conservation department website. They usually have at least some info on wild edibles you don't have to catch or shoot.

If you're not US, I dunno.
>>
File: Identification.jpg (2MB, 2560x3128px) Image search: [Google]
Identification.jpg
2MB, 2560x3128px
>>1097553
I find t hat you have to do tons of research yourself for the most part. Nice thing is that people spread edibles around the world. Most of them are now naturalized. Thus, many websites that specialize in wild edibles are more or less specializing in old food crops that went wild over 200+ years ago and were replaced with more modern plant types. Thus, finding websites for naturalized wild edibles will be easy, but finding websites that specialize in native wild edibles for a specific area won't be as easy.

http://www.eattheweeds.com/
https://www.youtube.com/user/EatTheWeeds
>>
File: OPisFag2.gif (4MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
OPisFag2.gif
4MB, 320x240px
>>1097553
>In my area
And what area might that be, or is this another one of your infantile guessing games?
>>
>>1097553

Here in Texas there's a guy that does a pretty decent site:

http://www.foragingtexas.com/

Many of the plants are present in other areas of the country. He also has a Foraging - Idiot's Guide that came out last year ($22)...you can get it discounted and on Kindle.
>>
>>1097553
You don't have to know every plant, just learn how to identify some genuses; Brassicas (all parts), Grass seeds and Rubus and Vaccinium fruits are all always edible, and they grow all over the world. Once you know what those four genuses look like, you've got 80% of the plants you'll want to eat. Just stay away from Solanum and Vitaceae, pretty much any wild plant that looks like a tomato or grape is going to kill you.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.