[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New cairns: ok or not ok?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (172KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
172KB, 500x333px
/out/, I was doing some off-trail backpacking recently, and was leaving cairns to mark my way. Nothing too big, two or three small rocks stacked on semi-visible locations. Much smaller than pic related.

On the wau back, I wondered if I shouldve destroyed them to preserve the remote feel of the location.

Ultimately I decided to leave them sinceI wanted to come back to the area, and they marked a known route towards a nearby peak that others might follow. Further, O didnt leave so many that one would be 100% able to follow them without a map.

What does /out/ think? Should I leave them there or destroy them when I go back?
>>
>>1096143
do like i do and kick over every god damn one you come across.
>>
>>1096143
Looks like a trace from where I'm standin
>>
>>1096155
Doing gods work. Fuck these millienals for wanting to ruining nice things and making everything gay as fuck

I kick them all down so it looks natural again
>>
>>1096143
my gf loves kicking cairns
i've joined in on the fun
>>
>>1096143
unless the builder takes it down after their kodak moment, shits dumb and looks like hell
>>
>>1096155
>>1096778
Teach me how to be badass like you please?
>>
>>1097857
>Be me
>Drivin back from backpacking trip today
>Some rich boomer assholes' house on the river has a cairn on a rock wall
>OH FUCK NO
>Lock up the pickup brakes
>Pull off the road into their yard since no shoulder
>Jump out and run across yard
>Roundhouse kick the fuck out of those rocks
>They go everywhere, some fell into the river even
>Dive back innatruck an PEEL OUT
It is that simple, kid.
>>
>>1096143
I destroyed three on mount mitchell, and took 3 rocks that had been painted in various stupid "love is the answer" slogans.
>>
>>1098050
Good, good.
>>
Small cairns to mark a trail to a peak is fine in my opinion.
>>
>>1097855
The very act of moving the stones around causes damage to the environment.
>>
>>1098075
Navigational cairns are completely different. One of the biggest issues with these bullshit cairns is that they can mislead people if they're interpreted as markers. Up here in NH you'll see lots of signs at trailheads that say
>follow cairns, don't build them
>>
>>1098077
Kicked a cairn in NH today. Felt REAL good.
>>
no. fuck these things. leave /out/ like you weren't even there
>>
>>1098108
Doing gods work.
>>
>>1098077
until some idiot builds a decoy cairn and your fucked
>>
>>1098117
No joke, last month I spent fifteen minutes wandering around lost due to a cosmetic cairn misleading me. I was fucking pissed but the thing was too big to kick over or I'd have fucked its shit up.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.