[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Camping in the UK/England

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: british bulldog.jpg (45KB, 570x387px) Image search: [Google]
british bulldog.jpg
45KB, 570x387px
So if you were to decide to camp in a random forest in England, what are the chances anything would happen? If I were to just go out with some mates, not start a fire or destroy anything are we likely to be prosecuted or anything. I understand wild camping is illegal as all land is owned but how else do you go out camping in the UK, because fuck a camping site
>>
>doth thou knowest not that this is the kings campsite?

You gotta be kidding me.
>>
>>1094946

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_to_roam
>>
You'll be absolutely fine. Even if some official happened upon you, you'd be moved on at worst, certainly not prosecuted. Stick to the common sense rules: set up late, break camp early, leave no trace, and you'll be absolutely fine.
>>
File: boogeyman_homer.jpg (26KB, 405x544px) Image search: [Google]
boogeyman_homer.jpg
26KB, 405x544px
Depends, do you have to submit to Sharia yet?
>>
Yes you will be fine. Look up stealth camping if you are really that worried.
>>
>>1094946
Just make sure not to bring a knife. If hey find you with one you'll..be sent off to a re-education camp
>>
File: 3.jpg (2MB, 1456x819px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
2MB, 1456x819px
>>1094946
I camp """wild""" camp most weekends. Just pitch up in a wood that is out the way and chill. The person who is most likely to bust you or have real reason to be pissed off at you is the local game keeper because you've just fucked up the game he's put down. If you see anything that looks like a pen/bird cage/feeder made from a barrel/etc don't camp there. Is often have fires as well. So don't get too bent out of shape about the whole stealth thing. Unless you know the area needs it.
>>
>>1095430
Where was this the picture taken, anon?
>>
>>1095725
My garden
>>
>>1095430
A good walk from the village I live at the moment.
>>1095926
Nah, my garden is only where I test new gear before heading out.
>>
>>1096042
Come on, chief. Spill the beans. General location?
>>
>>1094946
*deep breath* here goes

think about things for a moment.

trespass is a civil, not criminal offence. if the police do get called they can't actually force you to leave- the landowner has to apply to the courts and so on to get you removed ( just think of the hassle county councils have to go through to get pikeys moved on)

consider where you are. do you really think the police are going to respond in a timely manner to a callout that there *might* be someone camping out a semi-remote (as in more than half a mile from the main road system) that they will have to travel miles to get ton and then spend potentially hours searching for you. a big waste of man hours and removing the attending officers from the reactionary resource pool for probably the whole shift.

who is going to see you? if you're far enough from dwellings it should be fine, you might encounter a dog walker at some point but as long as you're not doing anything like felling trees ( just sat back reading a book say) you probably wont get a even seen unless the dog runs over fora sniff)

just keep the noise down, don't build any bonfires and you really ought to be fine. in over 20 years of doing this ( long before it was dubbed 'wildcamping' and became meme tier activity) in north wales i've had one, yes one, farmer spot me who came over to see what was going on. within 2 mins of talking to him he realised i wasn't a chav with beers come to harass the sheep and asked me not to hop the fence and that there was a stile about 300m down from where i was leading back into the woods.
>>
>>1097508
Wow, truly the queens own bureaucracy! Rule Britannia!
>>
File: IMG_20170910_1226478.jpg (3MB, 4056x2704px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170910_1226478.jpg
3MB, 4056x2704px
>>1095425
Over night hiking is one circumstance where a knife would be permitted presuming you are using it for its purpose.
>>1095430
Sound advice>>1097508
Also sound advice, public or common land if not for shooting is good especially in trees or tucked into little valleys.
>>
>forest in England
Nice try >>>/x/
Anglos deserve London and nothing more. Round them all up into gherkin towers and charge them 2000 GBP/month to exist while civilised peoples restore the land
>>
Find out who's land it is and call them and ask

if its forestry commission land then camp there and if the ranger or forester comes along whats he going to do? Timber harvest you?
>>
File: IMG_20170626_071741648.jpg (2MB, 1664x936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170626_071741648.jpg
2MB, 1664x936px
>>1096244
East Anglia roughly speaking.
>>
>>1097827
with an American education like that you'd probably be found cold and lifeless somewhere pathetic like Top Withins that has surprisingly has claimed lives from dumb foreigners.
>>
airstrip one sounds awful wtf
>>
>>1097936
Fuckit, couldn't be further away from me. Looks comfy, anon.
>>
>UK
>Land to camp
Oh I'm laughin
>>
>>1098610
>>1097827
this tbqhwyfam
>>
File: ttstealth.jpg (809KB, 1040x585px) Image search: [Google]
ttstealth.jpg
809KB, 1040x585px
>>
>England
>Forest
>>
been camping in sutton park in Birmingham. Found a nice secluded spot next to the road but high enough so that we were unseen. Sutton Park is one of the biggest in Europe so just find something similar. They have park keepers but we were fine, walked round the whole park at 3am and didn't see anything.
>>
>>1100747
we also had a campfire and set up tarpaulin
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.