[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

food ritual before a hike?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: binging.jpg (53KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
binging.jpg
53KB, 600x350px
Does anyone eat the same thing before heading out on a hike? I almost always eat a bowl of instant Quaker oatmeal with a big scoop of Skippy Creamy peanut butter and a big squeeze of Clover honey. I have a cup of Green Mountain Kurig coffee with regular milk and on the drive to the trail get a 16 oz vanilla latte. When I pull up to the trailhead I drink a can of C20 Coconut water. The reason why I gave the name brands because I know it's full of sugar.

I am wondering if anyone else does this is because if I don't I know I will gas out or get fatigued. I'm starting to wonder if it's just in my head or is there something in this bad breakfast that could help.
>>
File: smoothie_bowl_1024x1024.jpg (25KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
smoothie_bowl_1024x1024.jpg
25KB, 640x428px
I try to pack in a bit extra food for my dayhikes (9+ hours, 2500 feet elevation change):

Oatmeal packet
Egg
Peanut butter crackers
Apple
Banana
1/4 small Ham steak
Grapes
Water

During the hike I have two Clif bars and 3 liters of water on my back. Plan to start including peanut butter crackers.

Lunch is some kind of sub sandwich (Jimmy John's beach club with extra meat on french bread) that I put in a cooler in the car with freezer packs on the drive to the trailhead.

Also some chips. Doritos really hit the spot around 1pm.

Electrolyte tabs and glucose tabs for emergencies but never needed them.

After the dayhike, I order dinner while I take a shower, something like steak, mashed potatoes, and some veggies.

You'll burn something like 4000cal on a hike like I do. This isn't accurate and not technically true but it should give you an idea of what kind of energy you need to be consuming as well.

Remember you don't JUST want sugar, you need the complex carbs that break down slow, protein, sugar, potassium, and so on to keep you going.
>>
>>1093317
>>1093390
Nice blogs, where can I subscribe ?
>>
Flapjacks, eggs, and bacon before the hike and then Maccas after the hike. I'm not fat or anything, I never eat shit like that.
>>
>>1093396
>I never eat shit like that.
>mentions it in a sentence before

retard.
>>
>>1095624
I mean I never eat shit like that OTHERWISE anon. I think you need to work on your top-down processing you fucking autist.
>>
>>1095762
We are not mind readers, anon. You should have not left out important details of your dietary habits. For shame.
>>
>>1093390
>Glucose tabs

So just a lollipop
>>
>>1095788
works faster than that but the important difference is the tabs can stay in their tube in my pack more or less forever, whereas the lolly would eventually melt down during my 35C summer hikes and get sugar all over the inside of my pack
>>
>>1093317
Usually steak and eggs, big cup of coffee. Biscuts and gravy, too, if I'm gonna be /out/ a while.
>>
>>1093317
everyone takes a nip of dr. mcgillicuddy's
>>
>>1095787
I knew what he meant
>>
>>1093317
I do like a tin of oysters or clams halfway through.
>>
>>1096172
Thank you friend
>>
>>1093317
No. I don't give a shit what I eat before or during my hikes. Often I eat nothing. I hike to suffer, and it is mental fortitude that drives me forward, not whatever I had for breakfast.

After my hikes, I eat one huge meal, and it is amazing, then I return to normalcy.
>>
>>1093317
A big salad the night before I leave, oatmeal and a cup of coffee the morning of. Not sure if I care about anything other than all the fibre, but it gives me three days before I have to shit again.
>>
>>1093317
heavily packed steak burrito from qdoba
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.