[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Natural movement exercise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 7511345.jpg (118KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
7511345.jpg
118KB, 720x480px
Anyone tried doing these exercises over a longer peroid of time who can provide any results or thoughts?
I tried this out slightly yesterday by going for a run/climb up the mountain and it feels great. Planning on doing this everyday at least before winter comes and it gets to cold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKGF-ErsJiI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m61t3ObnSP0&t
>>
File: talus running.jpg (119KB, 742x590px) Image search: [Google]
talus running.jpg
119KB, 742x590px
see if you can find doug robinson's article "running talus" for an og treatise on the subject
>>
>>1091991
wtf is this bullshit. Cross fit meets neo-primitivism? So the guy took his shoes off, rolled around on the ground then did a bunch of running and jumping?
>The work out the world forgot
No it's just doing /out/ stuff. I hope this guy gets ringworm.
>>
>>1092006
I think it's about agility and strenght training using your whole body and doing "natural" and different movements instead of repetetive motions you usually get with modern gym equpiment
>>
You can get into great shape no doubt, but it seems like it would be a large time drain if you had a job to go out innawoods everyday to find a spot to work out unless you lived right there.
>>
>>1092015
>doing "natural" and different movements instead of repetetive motions you usually get with modern gym equpiment
Nothing in that video, aside from running, is anything close to what would have been considered "natural" or "normal" for our prehistoric ancestors. If you want "natural" exercise, literally just go for a hike. Thats it.Its one of the handful of things we evolved to be really good at.
>>
>>1092187
stop being a meaniehead
>>
> Natural movement exercise
> Anyone tried doing these
Babies definitely have. Probably some older non-lardbutt people too.
>>
>>1091991
>Natural movement

They mean shit humans have been doing since forever and haven't stopped doing in a lot of circles (by mostly morons) and someone reinvented and gave it a buzz word label? Also, these vids remind me of those Asian & Spetsnaz military training vids (also morons).
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91NWZKkhMkU

McGregor does it, supposed to help with agility and balance in awkward positions, keep your movement fluid no matter where your center of gravity is or something.

Albeit this shit looks silly I can see why people do it
>>
>>1091991
this is literally just calisthenics but outside
>>
some of this stuff is legit the stuff i made pledges do when i was the pledge master.
>>
>>1092473

What kind of retarded ass pledge master makes their pledges exercise?

Are you that bland you can't think of anything else?

That's depressing.
>>
>>1091991

I do a fair bit of trail running, off-trail hiking & climbing. They're all great exercise, but the one thing in the past 10 years that really boosted my trail speed was... focused core exercises at the gym. Repetitive, weighted, targeted, hard work.

IMO you can get better at running & climbing by running & climbing, but more traditional workouts can give you a platform on which you can build those skills up to a higher level altogether.
>>
>>1092477
i needed people to hiking with me before class in the winter.

i had those kids scrambling up the steepest icest hills at like 5 am.

honestly though my pledge program was really solid. no booze, no weed, no fast food, none of the brothers were allowed ot do any gay shit.
calistenics pretty much every morning. carrying bricks, quickfeet updowns for hours. death marches. circles of death. i turned those kids into fucking warriors. i did make them go get my cheese cake from NYC one night.

only 3 injuries.
>>
>>1092480

>none of the brothers were allowed ot do any gay shit.
>calistenics pretty much every morning.

Stopped reading there
>>
>>1092481
im sorry i was not getting these kids black out drunk on hot beer and then watching other dudes paddle them.

knuckle ups in uncooked rice is a way better way to build character.
>>
>>1092480
Damn, sounds like fun
>>
Pull up, sit up, body squat, dips, pushups ...is all you need.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.