[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Solo backpacking/camping advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

How doable is it to hike 450km as a totally untrained coachpotato? I'm leaving for Kungsleden (in Sweden) the 2nd of Sept solo, what am I in for?
>>
>>1091712
it's just walking anon, you start walking and you don't stop until you made it. Simple.

>You will want to bring clothes that will protect you from the elements to not get ill or die of the cold and the rain
>you might want to learn how to set up camp to not die in the cold Swedish nights
>you might want to bring enough food until you reach the next town to not die of hunger
>water should be plentiful but make sure you have enough
>Blisters on your feet can be super painful so make sure you start wearing your hiking shoes well in advance to break them in
>>
>>1091717
Thanks!
>>
>>1091712
>babby trail boardwalk
>>
>>1091875
t. ignorant land hater.
>>
>>1091875
>babby trail boardwalk
?
>>
>>1091884

>>1091875 is basically a moron who doesn't understand why those boardwalks are erected in the first place. Ignore him
>>
>>1091712
Oh well guess you are there already, hope you packed warm clothes and good rain gear! Let us know how it goes/went anon! May your knees be strong!
>>
>>1093395
Boardwalks were made because whiney crybabbys got their feet wet
>>
>>1091712
op, I broke my femur last year. I have permanent nerve damage throughout my right leg and still have daily pain. I spend most of my time reading and playing video games and still manage to go for short hikes. you can do it. pace yourself, take breaks, don't kill yourself.
>>
>>1093475
No it's to prevent erosion you dumb fuck if not we (hikers) kill the trail.
>>
File: Snapchat-1526020199.jpg (320KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1526020199.jpg
320KB, 1080x1920px
>>1091712
Swedish lapland is amazing. Get some good fishing gear, a big fucking sami knife, a large backpack (Savotta LJK), wool socks, underwear, sweater, scarf, waterproof walking boots, rainproof pants + tape for crossing marshes/rivers, and you should be good to go
>>
>>1094462
And gel soles, preferably several pairs if you haven't walked that much
>>
>>1091712
>2nd of Sept solo, what am I in for?
Lots of bad weather and the realization that walking can be pretty hard. likely you gonna fail and bail after about a week tops.
>>1091875
Thats a swamp you dumb fuck. (You)
>>
>>1094462
>a big fucking sami knife
what for honestly, it is not like you need a knife for hiking above tree line that much.
>>
>>1091712
Gxood luck anon -- you can do it.

One step at the time, bring warm clothes. Take it easy in the beginning.
>>
>>1091712
How much time do you have? How is the terrain?

I think 20km a day is doable for anyone in any environment. You need good shoes and as light as possible baggage.
>>
>>1091712
> 2nd of Sept solo
Rain, drizzle, sleet. Small number of plus and slight wind, feels like -2 C man.

Weather will be starting to get worse.

Also expect: small number of plus degrees C, sleet and high winds, no wind protection, feels like many minus C.

Pack good gear which likes water and wind. No flip-flops and tarps.

Take a space blanket, just in case.
>>
You'll give up within a week
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (468KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
468KB, 1920x1080px
>>1094462
>that shitty sky
Sometimes I envy scandis for their forests, low population density and beautiful women but then I remember how shitty the weather is and no thank you. No wonder you fucks have high 'tism and suicide levels and are creepy as fuck. As a southern Europoor pics like these makes me realize why so many of you invade my country year round and together with krauts are buying tons of properties here, to the point that some Swedish minister was crying about that old people are leaving with their money to countries like mine.
>>
>>1094832
Makes us actually appreciate sunshine when it comes though
>>
File: DSC00217.jpg (1MB, 2189x1459px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00217.jpg
1MB, 2189x1459px
>>1094832
i think it looks wonderful. cloudy sky is best sky
>>
>>1094832
Why Swedish old people left for Portugal was because they could withdraw their pension tax free over a few years cs. paying taxes in Sweden. This because of no tax treaty. It had nothing to do with weather (maybe was a nice bonus for some, but many whom I talked with cannot stand the heat and the smell of garbage rotting on the sidewalks). The /out is of course a thing in itself.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.