[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mount Kilimanjaro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Kilimandscharo-mit-Elefant1.jpg (193KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
Kilimandscharo-mit-Elefant1.jpg
193KB, 849x565px
Did anyone here ever climb mount kilimanjaro?
I have some mediocre alpine experience and i heard it isn't that hard to reach the peak with proper acclimation in a guided tour. Any advice or opinion?
>>
>>1091563
I don't feel like getting Bomb of Peace'd 30 minutes out of the airport before I can even see the damn thing, sorry.
>>
>>1091563
Worked with a guy who did it. Its basically a foot trail up. No mountaineering involved.

One guy in his group got altitude sickness and had to be taken down by guides.

It gets cold near the top. And roasting hot down the bottom.
>>
>>1091563
A kid in my middle school did it. I didn't know him that well and never talked to him but I don't recall him any more athletic than other kids. Its a nontechnical climb so the only real issue is the altitude if you aren't used to it.
>>
I was on an expedition that scaled both peaks of Kilimanjaro. Had we not lost the Francisco twins, both welders, to altitude sickness, we would have built a bridge between the peaks.
Ahhh, Africa. Like a pair of dark seductive eyes
>>
>>1091630
>>
>>1091563
Where do you live that going to that shit hole is more appealing than climbing what's local to you?
>>
File: S5002763.jpg (2MB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
S5002763.jpg
2MB, 2272x1704px
>>1091563
Climbed it in 2008. Ice fields at the summit were annoying because you can bust your ankles easily, but I hear they're mostly gone.

If you're in shape and pack cold weather gear, altitude will be your biggest worry. Consider the North route maybe, least crowded one.
>>
>>1091563
I've been trying to find this mixtape from Trinidad for like 7 years ago. The guy went by the name DJ Kilimanjaro. I can't find anything online about it. Then mixtape had about 40 tracks on it and it fit on one CD
>>
>>1091715
I live in western europe and I've been hiking in the alps about 6 times by now. I want something new and i would combine the kilimanjaro climb with some safari like stuff, maybe spend some time in a nice hotel.

>>1091593
Safety in Tanzania doesnt seem to be that much of an issue. I won't go to big cities or religious monuments, all i want is a nice overall africa experience and i think you can't have that in the major cities anyway.
>>
>>1091779
>Tanzania
>different continent from you
>all international airports are in big cities
>100% required to go through international airport
>therfore 100% required to go to a big city
Do you ever try to think before spewing shit on the internet?
>>
File: 1280px-Kilimanjaro_Airport.jpg (347KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Kilimanjaro_Airport.jpg
347KB, 1280x960px
>>1091792
The only major airport i will go to is Frankfurt international.

Kilimanjaro international airport is not in an urban area and therefore i do not have to enter a big city.

Do you ever try to think before spewing shit on the internet?
>>
I went to african country for week and spent 1100€ for it, even though water was warm and beaches nice I deeply regret it. I should have traveled around Europe for a month instead.
>>
>>1091792
Igo africa every month, different countries, from south Africa up to Cairo - meaning mozambique, kenya, congo, RDC, Gabon, Ivory Coast, nigeria, etc.

Yes, most of the times you arrive to an international airport by a big city, but you can get a connection flight right there, avoid the city entirely and be landing in an air strip in the middle of fucking nowhere.

Think before you post.
>>
>>1091838
Europe is a lot more expensive, that wouldn't be enough money.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.