[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys by any chance buy milsurp?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 9

File: Milsurp-Clothing.jpg (134KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Milsurp-Clothing.jpg
134KB, 600x338px
Do you guys by any chance buy milsurp?
>>
>>1091305
>by any chance buy
Baby by buy bye
>>
>>1091305

Not if I can help it.
>>
I've got a couple of items, yeah, but in general it's unnecessarily overbuilt, and only good for tacticool bushlarping.
>>
>>1091337
>overbuilt

This is impossible.
>>
>>1091340
Why do you think so? Not everything needs to be able to survive a military conflict.
>>
>>1091305
Is that a swiss army suit I am seeing?
>>
No, but I'm thinking of buying a pair of cargo pants which is pretty much the same thing I think.
>>
>>1091342
Alpenflage

>>1091305
Yes, i like old military stuff, though my collection is just some flecktarn and woodland basic shit. Went to my local armystore today and got a lightweight rain jacket from "surplus" company for 30 €. Army stuff has for the most simple colorways and is made for some heavy handling, plus its cheap, so its great. And maybe you stumble upon some great piece of history with a rare camo.
>>
>>1091351
>Alpenflage
Thinking of getting one too, a local milsup store sells them for like30 euros for the entire set
>>
>>1091341
False. Shame on you for ever purchasing poor products.
>>
>>1091356
You didn't answer the question.
>>
>>1091305
You can get pretty nice quality jackets and decent pants for cheap if you don't care about looks. Last time I went to check surplus, there were a bunch of thick canvas jackets for $7. Coat it with some wax and you've got a decent chore coat. I've got a bunch of M65's I picked up cheap over the years, those are pretty nice too.
>>
Much love for BDU, DCU and most other military pants. I wore them for a career and am wearing out my accumulation as work pants or, cut and hemmed, as excellent shorts. Any cleaners offering sewing services can hem pants for you.

Hot weather (HWBDU) pants are fucking wonderful.

If you weld, used woodlands which were heavily starched in their day stay that way and spatter usually bounces off. Many welders starch their clothes for that reason.

If you find military clothing too heavy your weakness is showing. Tough clothing protects you from abrasions and survives abuse.

BTW Permethrin is your friend if you live in tick country and a treated uniform is a tick barrier. I wear BDUs or DCUs innawoods and fucking drench them beforehand. Then I bring DEET for all exposed skin.

The other magic spray for milsurp is Scotchgard. I used at least one can per M65 jacket (don't forget to expose and spray the hood) and it worked find on my motorcycle and on rainy flightlines.
>>
It's cheap and holds up well.

Where else can you get €3 work shirts?
>>
I have a couple pairs a milsurp shirts and trousers, cheap and hard wearing.
>>
>>1091305

only for dress shoes.

im telling you as someone who was an allen edmonds snob for years--- officer shoes are fucking amazing if you have to wear a suit to work.
if im not hunting i dont get why i would wear camo. i intentionally choose bright unnatrual colors for when i go in the woods.
>>
>>1091349
dude once you turn 30 an admit that you are a dork a whole new wold of practical clothing opens up.

cargo shorts are fucking game changer.
>>
>>1091359
Purchasing attire that's built "just good enough" is called being complacent.
>>
>>1091305
Yep. Got a 91/30, an m44, SKS, and a Brazilian Mauser.
>>
>>1091305
I bought hockey equipment from a mil surplus store once.
>>
File: tea in ten seconds.jpg (287KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
tea in ten seconds.jpg
287KB, 1024x768px
stove turned out to be pretty good
>>
Any of those euro surplus wool pants good?
>>
>>1091484
depends on what country its from dude
>>
>>1091340
So you bring cast iron pans backpacking, right?
>>
Quick search gives me german pants, swedish, finnish, etc. I assume some are memewear and others are quality, but not sure which to look at or where to buy.
>>1091487
>He doesn't want his food to heat evenly
>>
>>1091494
Meant to reply to
>>1091486
>>1091484
>>
>>1091494
>He thinks camping is backpacking
>>
>>1091496
>He doesn't pack /ultraheavy/
Lol bet your baseweight is <40 lbs, pencil neck
>>
>>1091353
do it, i want sum sweet alpenflage but my local store doesn't have that kinda sexy in stock
>>
File: IMG_5904-725x967.jpg (201KB, 725x967px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5904-725x967.jpg
201KB, 725x967px
>>1091500
I always go like this. This way I can make sure I won't be able to backpack when I'm >60. Also, ebin gains.
>>
>>1091487
Cast iron doesn't help you against the elements. Best to bring aluminum foil and bury your food next to hot rocks.
>>
>>1091309
underrated

>>1091305
Pants yeah, MSS when I was poor because I got the complete set at a pawn shop for $40, yeah. Nothing else is really worth money.
>>
File: Swiss greatcoat.jpg (112KB, 768x750px) Image search: [Google]
Swiss greatcoat.jpg
112KB, 768x750px
>>1091305
>>1091342

I have purchased a few things over the years. The best was a WWII Swiss greatcoat that cost me roughly $15. It's comfy, warm and stylish, but very heavy and the wool fabric looks kinda cheap.
>>
The only milsurp I've ever bought is the German Olive Drab poncho I used for my last trip. Was a great piece of gear but on the heavier side. My buddies wear almost all milsurp and last trip it made them look retarded imo
>>
>>1091305
Sorry Ivan, maybe sell us meme patches ?
>>
>>1091978
milderp isn't that much different from civillian outdoor clothing.

Biggest changes are usually material, not the patterns.

And post Iraq II gear isn't that different at all.

Unless by milsurp you actually mean slavshit.
>>
>Do you buy milsurp

Guns? Yes. Clothes? No I'm too fat for that
>>
>>1091399
Purchasing items that are needlessly heavy for no improvement at the task you use it for is called being stupid.
>>
>>1092195
Oh right, I forgot people buy $800 shirts to use just once.
>>
no, because i'm not a tryhard, tacticool, larping, stolen valor faggot. if i wanted the uniform i'd sign up.
>>
>>1092222
>he thinks being 20 years old wearing vietnam gear will make people think we he was in vietnam

You have a hard time socializing, huh, bud?
>>
>>1092225
>wear normal people clothes and gear to do normal people things instead of dressing up in a halloween costume because i'm too much of a bitch to do it for real
>i'm the one who has a hard time socializing
nah
>>
>>1092227
>Has never spent more than 48 hours in the woods

You little girl.

Babyscouts doesnt count.
>>
>>1092213
The fuck are you on about?
>>
>>1091399
>>1092213

>>1092195 This

I have a sea to summit ultra-sil daypack that has a 20 litre capacity and weighs roughly 70g (2.4 oz.). I have had it since 2011. I have gone on over 50-60 hikes with it. I have put clothes, food, heavy objects, objects with jagged edges in it. I have gone backpacking in China with it. I've even used it for groceries once or twice. Faggots who think heavier is better are idiots.
>>
>>1092253
>>1092263
>bragging about having worn something 50-60 times and calling it "durable"

You absolute moron
>>
File: 06632.gif (2MB, 295x159px) Image search: [Google]
06632.gif
2MB, 295x159px
>>1092228
>Babyscouts
>>
>>1092227
Do you have mental problems?
Don't answer btw. We all know you do.
>>
Is this /fa/?
Why is everybody here so butthurt about some cheap camo rags?
I'm in /out/ right?
>>
>>1092352
/fa/ is a good source of milderp leads actually.
>>
>>1092352
>Is this /fa/?

Yes, and it's full of people who resent the military with the full fury of their spergtard minds.

OTOH in the real rural world milsurp is common and comfy and not considered larpy unless taken to extremes.
>>
>>1092383
I don't resent so much as pity the military. They are pawns and canon fodder tricked into believing they are brave patriots. Either that or welfare queens who've tricked the public into believing they are brave patriots.
>>
>>1092389
>being this edgy
>>
>>1092463
Becareful, he might teleport behind you, unseath his katana and murmur "nothing personel, kid, you are like the rest of the sheeple"
>>
File: 1504191039221.png (723KB, 470x1433px) Image search: [Google]
1504191039221.png
723KB, 470x1433px
Most civilian gear is superior in various ways, but for the price point milsurp is usually among the best value you'll find. That being said, I do use some military gear and would recommend, like a woobie instead of a sleeping bag for mild weather sleeping, those aluminum mess kits I find are great for the price, and canteens at my local milsurp place are $2 a pop for a 1 liter and $4 for a 2 liter, so I stock up on those as cheap tough water bottles, especially good if I have a friend who wants to get into /out/ stuff and I can give or lend them some gear. Plus they have old metal canteens for $10, which you can boil straight up, and thats always nice for comfy tea time.
ALICE packs are kinda popular too but I have no experience with them
BDU pants are great, I get them in plain olive or brown if I can because I have a hard on for OD and flat single colors but thats me. Just stay away from ACU, that pattern is an affront to God and all Holy things.
Wool clothing for the price usually cant be beat if you want that
Jerry cans if you can find them are great for offroading so you dont end up 20 miles on the trail and realize youve been running on fumes since you got off the highway
Books are great, still read through my survival books from time to time, as well as my land navigation book.
The guns are great but with everything going into McAR's thats getting to be the cheapest option
I love my MOLLE assault pack because I can just throw shit on and off at a moments whim if I want this or that.
All things considered it has its place, best to use it with civilian gear as well though.
>>
File: 0tjnWl8.jpg (94KB, 500x602px) Image search: [Google]
0tjnWl8.jpg
94KB, 500x602px
>>1091389
>He wants the normies to see him
>>
File: ilbeassault.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
ilbeassault.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>1092869
A well thought out and practical response that isn't muh ultralight or muh bushcraft?? Impossible!
>>
>>1092389
damn nigga shots fired.
military utterly fucked up beyong recovery
who need nukes when you have this girl right haha lol
the penis mightier am I right
wow I can smell the butthurt right now. It smells like camo
>>
Are there any legit military surplus stores online? I feel like I'm wading through a bunch of Chinese made knock off shit or finding real stuff on eBay for what feels like 3 times the price the items would actually be retail.
>>
>>1092389
Strong words bud. I enlisted because it was the quickest way to get far away from my abusive father. Now I've been through college with no student debt and make more than my whole family used to make cumulatively in a year.

Lots of people use it as a passage to a better life.
>>
>>1092869
Be careful with older metal canteens, like US WWII issued ones. They used lead solder on the inside and there's a chance it will leach into your water. Look into French surplus canteens if you want safe metal ones.
>>
>>1092890
Yes. Depends where you live.

There are good deals too on eBay on occasion.
Not on meme shit like M65 UBL jackes.

Example?
RN Shirts for €2 each shipped from Poland.

Ex-Bundeswehr Kärcher HDS1200 for €300
>>
>>1091962
where are you getting this for $15?
>>
>>1092890
Kommando store is your friend. He's great.
>>
Anyone have a reliable source of m1953 wool trousers in a 38" waist?
>>
>>1093212
Have you tried IMA?
https://www.ima-usa.com/
>>
I've got a couple canteens, ammo tins and a belt but those are for cosplaying mainly. (Though it looks like we will never get a Wasteland Weekend over here)

Other than that is the military blanket I keep in the car.
>>
>>1091403
>Brazilian Mauser
Sounds sexy
>>
>>1091507
what do you mean? so you can't backpack when you're 60...

when i was young i was 150 and i carried 60 lbs on my back.
now im 35 and 300 lbs, was 400 pounds. either way i can fucking run up the trails. It just sucks carrying a CPAP machine and battery.

I need to get back down to 150 but its a struggle.

im 6'2
>>
I like camouflage. but surplus stands for fleemarket-tier. the few things I own are factory new. made in the last past years.
>>
>>1093183
It helps to live in Switzerland, my nigga.
>>
>>1093335
damn, you fuckers live in milsurp paradise. I really want one of your blankets, those things are the shit apparently.
>>
>>1091962
Hook a brother up.
>>
>>1093551
I bought that coat around 2011-2012 at one of those clearance sales they do on a yearly basis. Dick's army shop are the ones who organise it. I don't really like them that much because they sell a bunch of junk and non-surplus crap mixed in with the authentic stuff. But generally there are always a few bargains to be found.

http://dicks-armyshop.ch/jahresplan/

http://www.militarymegastore.ch/
>>
>>1093587
Gross, it's like a Swiss Sportsman's Guide
>>
>>1091341
Hahahahaha! You poor fool.
>>
I bought milsurp swiss gaiters because fuck snakes and fuck $100+ snakeproof gaiters
>>
>>1093748
The grey wool and black leather ones?? I have them too. Got them on sale at FleetFarm for like $2.00 Hopefully I get to try them soon.
>>
>>1092890
I like keepshooting, they have stuff from all over and shipping is pretty quick. Its a little less stable, as stuff comes and goes pretty quick.
>>
>>1092890
Varusteleka is pretty good
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.