[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tarpon Murder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

File: Tarpon.jpg (383KB, 2082x1230px) Image search: [Google]
Tarpon.jpg
383KB, 2082x1230px
I need help, outdoor bros. I'm a catch-and-release guy. Big time. Not a hippy or anything - I just hate killing fish. I caught my first tarpon tonight - 32". It was amazing. I guess I had him out of the water too long or something because when I put him back in the water and tried to resuscitate him - nothing. He moved a little and then went sideways on me. I feel terrible. I haven't killed a fish in years. And this was in a lagoon - not sure how many there are in there. In my mind, I just killed the last northern white rhino. Anyone have an experience like this? Any tarpon experts out there? I need cheered up.
>>
File: IMG_3152.jpg (45KB, 400x286px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3152.jpg
45KB, 400x286px
Eat the fucker.
>>
>>1091287

/thread
>>
>>1091287
>>
Honestly OP, you might of just put stress on the fish to the point where it killed him. I'm no tarpon expert but I believe they are one of those species where you only want to have them out of the water for a very short time and in a perfect world probably never out. If you post this in the fishing general you'd probably get a more clarified answer.
>>
>>1091287
There's nothing soft about caring for animals. It's just being Aryan and not a nigger or chink.
>>
>>1091298

OP here. Thanks, anon. I am indeed an Aryan. Who would eat a tarpon anyway?
>>
>>1091295

Where's fishing general?
>>
>>1091298
Aryans are responsible for all kinds of genocide. Look at the buffalo and passenger pigeon, you're just a little bitch.
>>
>>1091302

Look for the scantily clad women holding fish.
>>
>>1091311

Awesome. Thanks, anon!
>>
>>1091300
They're not bad eating at the smaller sizes, but like most "trophy" fish the humongous ones are both difficult to process and not as tasty as the more reasonably sized ones.

Seconding the sentiment. Sux you killed it, but don't let it go to waste. Shit happens, some fish are more delicate than others (even when comparing two similar size fish from the same species), CnR kills fish on occasion despite best intentions.
>>
F
>>
>>1091318

OP here. Thanks, Anon. I check the lagoon a few hours later. I didn't see it. I'd like to think it got up some strength and swam away. It might've sunk. Or something monstrous dragged it away. If it died, at least it will feed the crabs, etc. Circle of life and all that.
>>
>>1091321

?
>>
>>1091329
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/press-f-to-pay-respects
>>
>>1091332

Thanks. I learn something new every day.
>>
File: 6191158622_936d48d406_b.jpg (361KB, 1024x712px) Image search: [Google]
6191158622_936d48d406_b.jpg
361KB, 1024x712px
>>1091269
Fish nerd here. You probably didn't suffocate him so much as stress him out. Tarpons have a swim bladder that allows them to breathe small amounts of air to some extent, kinda like betta fish. Taking him out of the water for too long probably wasn't the problem in terms of that, but fish can be susceptible to stress.
>>1091328
so yeah this,
Either he swam away and was fine, which honestly could have happened if he was just shocked, or he got eaten by something bigger. Or he floated off into the reeds, since fish tend to float for a bit after they die.

They aren't endangered to my knowledge so don't feel too bad. I once killed a bluegill as a kid and was utterly traumatized so I know how you feel.
>>
File: IMG_0525.jpg (105KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0525.jpg
105KB, 500x500px
Jesus Christ. We are the apex predators on this planet. We ate the mammoths and dire wolves and short faced cave bears and Neanderthals to death. And here we have allegedly male alleged members of our species beating their breasts over killing fish?
>>
Your lifestyle funds the deaths of thousands of animals. That's part of living in a highly developed society. It's one of the costs of our comfort. If you're okay with that, and only have a problem when it happens right in front of your face, you're a hypocritical piece of shit. You should have eaten it; now it has just died for nothing.
>>
>>1091445
>MUH APEX PREDUTUR
>WE WUZ EATING BEARS N SHIT
>MUH ALLEGED MALES
Not everyone has masculinity that depends on killing animals, I know this may come as a shock to you. Go eat your burger if it makes you feel manly, but don't be a dick to people for feeling empathy which is an uncontrollable human instinct.
>>
>>1091448
This too. If you feel bad about a fish but then go home and drink milk and eat meat you're a hypocrite. You pay for far more intelligent animals than a fish, to suffer far worse than this.
>>
>>1091452
Empathy is great. Misplaced empathy ranges from silly to contemptible. People who take gender studies seriously, and spout that twaddle expecting to be taken seriously, are usually both.
>>
>>1091328
It didn't go to waste. Something ate it.
>>
>>1091269
How the fuck can you care about killing fish but still fish? How much would you like being fucking drowned with a hook through the roof of your mouth then just given CPR and the hook pulled out just because someone enjoyed doing it?
>>
>>1091577
/thread. Meateating is fine; sadism is kinda sketchy.
>>
>>1091436

OP here. UPDATE : he definitely died. Saw a turtle munching on him this morning. I feel better thinking the fight killed him. Thanks for the info.
>>
>>1091445

OP here. I don't need to kill animals to feel like a man. See any mammoths lately? Exactly. If we killed all the tarpon, we wouldn't be able to enjoy fishing for them.
>>
>>1091448

A) You don't know anything about his lifestyle. B) It hasn't died for nothing. Other animals will eat the carcass. Then animals will eat those animals. Then fish will eat those animals. Then tarpon will eat those fish.
>>
>>1091452

That guy's a retard. I don't understand why people don't understand this : if you kill all the fish, there's no more fishing. If someone enjoys catching tarpon, obviously they're gonna be bummed if one dies.
>>
>>1091577

Yeah but fish aren't people though, are they?
>>
>>1091455

Nothing hypocritical about it. I like fishing so I don't like seeing fish die. If I could catch-and-release cows(if they lived underwater and that was my thing), maybe I wouldn't eat beef. Also, cows don't die when you milk them(fyi).
>>
Often times fish are stunned/wornout after you catch and need help reviving by moving it back and forth and getting oxygen into its gills.
Not sure if you tried this op but sometimes even if you do fosh tire themselves to death.
>>
>>1091652
Wew lad you got some muck needs raking
>>
>>1091652
>if cows lived underwater I wouldn't eat them
what
>cows don't die when you milk them
What do you think happens to
a) the calf (spoiler, it doesn't stay with the mom)
b) the cow (spoiler it lives like 4 years until it's "spent" and then is killed when they live 15-20 normally)
>>
>>1091668

I have no idea what this means. And you obviously don't know the definition of "muckraking."
>>
>>1091698

If someone enjoys fishing and catch-and-release, obviously they're going to be bummed if they kill a fish. What's so hard to understand about that? It's got nothing to do with eating beef, drinking milk, wearing leather - any of that.
>>
>>1091634
So you just torture fish; in particular you tortured that tarpon to death and let the meat go to waste out of misplaced sentimentality...
>>
>>1091577
Fish are stupid, they aren't human.
Grow up you pussy
>>
>>1091455
Without humans milking these cows they would be in pain, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>1091652
If you fish responsibly and ethically and stay within your bag limits, your grandkids' grandkids' grandkids will have fish. That's a PETA-grade argument.
>>
>>1091634
Mammoths died due to the ice age ending, not overhunting by humans dumbass.
>>
File: ER.png (570KB, 640x639px) Image search: [Google]
ER.png
570KB, 640x639px
>>1091269
tarpon make excellent shark bait
How much does your local shop sell it for?
keep it for bait you fucking sensitive little bitch
>>
>>1091577
>>1091581
>>1092059
Pretty much these.
Sorry if I am putting words in your mouth but you seem like one of them hypocritical C&R fishermen who talk and talk about animal welfare, treating the fish nice etc.etc.
Yet you happily put hooks in their mouth and stress them solely for your entertainment.
If you care so much about the well-being of the fish the first step would be to not pierce their mouths with sharp metal objects I reckon.
>>
File: 1503306174906.jpg (29KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1503306174906.jpg
29KB, 640x640px
>>1091298
Germanbro here. Being Aryan means coming from the area where Iran is today. You don't know much, do you? Did you vote Trump by chance?

Also, stay in /pol/, du krumnasiger Schwanzlutscher.
>>
File: 1467054942051.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1467054942051.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>1091631
ITT: OP kills a fish for amusement and tells himself its ok, because
> muh circle of life
>>
>>1091634
now that you say that, I sometimes feel like hunting/watching others hunt mammoths, shame we killed them all desu
>>
>>1092257

How limp is your wrist today, anon?
>>
>>1092257
FAGGOT ALERT
>>
CnR fisherman that never eat what they catch/kill are gheybois.
>>
thats fucking cruel how dare you
>>
>>1091269

F
>>
>>1091269
Tarpon have very sensitive gills - that's why you're not supposed to take them out of the water.
>>
>>1092067
Without humans, cows would exist in small manageable herds, free to roam the coutryside.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.