[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Riggers belt + retention lanyard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: knot09.jpg (65KB, 562x341px) Image search: [Google]
knot09.jpg
65KB, 562x341px
I asked /k/, but I figure you guys might also know.

I bought a riggers belt(Blackhawk) a while ago and saw the retention lanyard on sale for $20 so I figured "why not complete the set?". Question is, can I thread the retention lanyard through the weight supporting D ring like pic related, or will that fuck up the loop and wear it out making it no longer safe to use as a retention line? The suggestion is to put a carabinier between them, but I wouldn't want the carabinier rattling around if I were to ever use the thing.

NOTE: I doubt I'll ever use the thing in a life or death situation, but I figure with me dropping the cash, I should get it set up in a safe practical way.
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 386x130px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 386x130px
Here's a pic of the dring on the belt
>>
File: images(2).jpg (5KB, 193x262px) Image search: [Google]
images(2).jpg
5KB, 193x262px
And the actual loops on the retention lanyard. I figure I might have to strain the loop to get it to slide through itself to connect it to the d ring.
>>
It should be fine, just inspect it occasionally and don't leave it in the sun.
>>
>>1090534
>I bought a riggers belt
>I doubt I'll ever use the thing in a life or death situation
Why did you buy a rigger's belt? Seems to me that a regular ol' nylon belt would be more appropriate.
I mean, I bought a rigger belt a while ago to live out my autistic Batman fantasies but I assumed I was just sperging - is it normal for people to buy shit like this without having a purpose planned for it?
>>
>>1090772
>Hmmmm, I need a new /out/ belt.
>This one is certified as a life saving harness and costs $35. Also feels comfy, and other than this heavy stitched d-ring, is light.
>This one is just as comfortable, $5 cheaper, but is not rated to support 10x my weight and does not have a hard point to attach a carabinier. It is ALSO $35.

Seriously? You seriously have to ask why someone would opt for a more useful belt for the same price, when fashion isn't a relevant issue?
>>
>>1090784
>$35 for non-rated nylon belt
That's fucking steep for a regular ol' nylon belt.

What your saying makes sense if the alternative was just $5 cheaper but we're talking ~$30 cheaper for a belt OP is unlikely to use as a life safety device.

I could see justifying it if he expects to frequently be high off the ground or in a building several stories high but fuck dude $30 fills my gas tank twice or buys me lunch for a week.

>$6.20
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001H3V6X4/ref=twister_dp_update?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

>$8.00
https://www.walmart.com/ip/1-5-Airsoft-Tactical-Military-Nylon-Load-Bearing-Combat-Duty-Utility-Web-Belt/937760586
>>
>>1090784
>This one costs $35
>This one is $5 cheaper. It is ALSO $35
do people not read what they write?
>>
File: 61fljK99niL._UX342_.jpg (25KB, 342x354px) Image search: [Google]
61fljK99niL._UX342_.jpg
25KB, 342x354px
>>1090787
In Canada at Cabela's, the Blackhawk belt goes on sale for around $30. The cheapest pos nylon belt will still be around $12. Bison last ditch belt(which copies the riggers belt style, tho it's not rated for any climbing) is $25.

I own a few nylon belts. One is the Blackhawk riggers belt, one 5.11 one, and a few chink knockoffs of regular military ones. Blackhawk was easily the best value in the end for an /out/ belt. I like the bison for regular wear tho. Pic related.
>>
>>1090913
>bison designs
Mah rigga.
>>
>>1090913
>Cabela's
There's your problem. Stop buying from an overpriced dealer.
>>
>>1090947
Are you in Canada? There's maybe half a dozen places that sell /out/ stuff. MEC is probably the best overall but they mostly have ultra lite stuff. For military like crap, it's pretty much just Cabela's and Canadian tire.
>>
>>1091018
Are you online? Amazon ships to Canada via Borderlinx. How much would shipping cost you?
>>
>>1090787
$35 is not expensive for something you use every single damn day. People spend that on a meal or an experience. That belt is going to last years and years.
>>
>>1092092
I'm sorry, I just can't see the need for spending $35 on a nylon belt. I certainly regret buying mine since I never became Batman.
>>
>>1092099
I paid an abuelito $30 to put a bunch of sick engravings on my harness tack leather belt.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.