[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homeless General?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: riverside-tent.jpg (191KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
riverside-tent.jpg
191KB, 620x465px
I am 42, out of work, and I don't think I can go back to the grind. I am healthy, but a little chubby. Could I get some coaching on how to basically go camping for the rest of my life? I see some people here camp out for a month, then come to town for supplies. Could you expand on this? Am I crazy to try this? I just see myself waking up in twenty years just as unhappy a wage slave as I am now, and older and less capable. Could I pull this off in Canada? Help, me, /out/!
>>
Like or not, at your age life is going to get harder, even just a little bit, year by year.

It's doable, but is it really how you want it to be?
>>
>>1090444
>It's doable, but is it really how you want it to be?

No idea. It seems though that you work harder every year for less and less, and I just wonder if any others have found a compromise that they can live with. Given too many years to an economy that is falling apart, and you get to mid life and ask yourself what is worth it and what isn't. Just the thought of taking orders from exploitative and indifferent strangers for the rest of my life depresses me. I quite like being out of work. It is just the rent and the bills, you know?
>>
>>1090431
I say if you got no responsibilities (wife/kids/etc), go for it. Of course, research research research. Shelter>water>food. Find camp recipes, learn edible flora in your area, learn nutrition (this plus that equals a complete protein, etc.), learn knots, learn game processing and the laws around hunting/trapping in your area, learn and practice all this shit and more until you can do it in your sleep. National forests are your friend; google "dispersed camping" and learn the rules around it. Got any savings? A safety net is a good thing to have.
>>
>>1090431
it's cool if you stay in the woods, but if you move to a populated area you should either get a job or kill yourself
>>
>>1090431
learn to hunt and fish well before you do anything like that. Shooting a deer is 3+ months of meat if you do it right. In Idaho you can shoot three per year, plus an elk.
>>
WOOF
>>
There's a site called "early retirement extreme", which has a plan for people in your situation. It's more geared toward a younger crowd, but the budgets and lifestyle choices that people have shared are mostly universal and will get you into a much better position inside of 5 years.

I don't know enough about long term homelessness to determine if it's doable or just a meme, but if I were in your position, ERE would be the first place I'd go.

GL
>>
If you don't mind climbing mountains all day, you could be homeless on long distance trails. Maybe stay in one spot near a town and get food and shit there, then move on down the trail. tons of free food everywhere. people will give it to you thinking you're a thru hiker, best of all you can look like homeless shit all hikers do.
>>
>>1090492
I think with some modern amenities I could make it in the bush with a little poaching. Like no problem. Indians did pretty well where I am from, and many of their ways work even better with modern traps and gill nets, etc. And dry market foods I could bury. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>1090507
These are not unreasonable statements.
>>
>>1090552
This sounds close to what I envision. Periodic resupply, and plausible deniability of homelessness. And some summer work.
>>
>>1090540
Made my money, but just used it for a long vacation from the grind, and don't wanna go back. Taste of freedom scarred me for life.
>>
>>1090564
You spent your entire net worth on one vacation? Musta been a helluva trip.
>>
Do they have food stamps in Canada? Word is that your medical is all free.
>>
I had a great uncle who in his 60s would buy a few acres for cheap and handbuilt at least three cabins one of them a few hundred feet from the road just dragging everything up the side of the mountain.

Why not try something like that, where you would have a purpose in life and every effort you make is directly to your benefit? Right now you are rotting on the inside and out. Do something for you before you give up

http://www.landwatch.com/default.aspx?ct=r&type=5,71453;268,6839&r.PRIC=3300%2c23999
>>
File: 1485572084570.jpg (364KB, 1200x812px) Image search: [Google]
1485572084570.jpg
364KB, 1200x812px
Brief hijack OP to ask a question.

I am a 28 year old accountant who hates cubicles and computers. What are some /out/ careers? I don't want to go full homeless like op.
>>
>>1090571
Eight years, pretty much.
>>
>>1090584
Medical is only free if you are poor. I have paid for many, many years of medical. If everyone paid their fair share, it is about $7,000 per year, CAD.
>>
>>1090593
Saved that site, not a bad idea. I would just like to be free of obligations. I fear once you commit in those scenarios you can have problems with zoning, access, neighbours and their animals. I wouldn't mind something more semi nomadic. Maybe a few different spots I could rotate. Thank you for the link, though, the more info the better.
>>
>>1090624
You are going to have problems and suffer no matter what you do. You can be nomadic and suffer and die in 5 to 10 years from the elements and being chased around or you can choose to be a wage cuck and be dead on the inside and die from a heart attack at 60, or you could build a shit cabin on a $10,000 lot and live off welfare and suffer because you can't afford cable TV and Tim Hortons. Pick your poison but the way most of us are living is completely unnatural. What would you like to do with your life? It may almost be over is there anything you would like to do?
>>
Every White man needs to stop paying taxes to support the system that wants to end his people and culture, get on welfare, buy land, have a big white family, and wait for the collapse.
>>
>>1090637
How can i buy land on wellfare? Asking for a friend.
>>
>>1090679

>Save shekels/sell bennies for shekels
>Buy land with shekels
>????
>Profit
>>
I'm only 27 and already hate the grind. Currently slaving as programmer/codemonkey. I feel you op. My job is too stressful and handling the users getting so annoying. The thing is I just want to go outside my cubicle for free and see the world out there. I'm not really a camping person. I'm more of a nomad guy.
>>
>>1090606
I've always wondered why more accountants can't work remotely. What is the difference between poring over papers in person versus on a screen?
>>
>>1090449
I always fantasized about going into the woods with a small laptop and solar panel and coding for days on end. In a year, I would walk out with God tier skills and a cool story to tell.

Try that OP
>>
>>1090681
What this guy said. Look up thuleanperspective on youtube, it's varg vikernes channel and he's all about that.
>>
>>1090866
I'm 30, and I've got about 5-6 more years before I can retire. Look up MrMoneyMustach and EarlyRetirementExtreame. Only takes about 10 years to retire if you don't wanna live like a poor bum. Even less if you are really frugal.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.