[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tent, backpack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 71gct+OCEkL._SL1500_.jpg (196KB, 1300x1500px) Image search: [Google]
71gct+OCEkL._SL1500_.jpg
196KB, 1300x1500px
I have to buy equipment for longer (2 weeks +) trips by foot.
No winter, no skiing, no climbing, nothing to extreme, but I need mid quality, mid price range.

I am searching a tent (no tarp):

- weight: < 2kg
- size: 1-2 people, packed as small as possible
- easy and fast assembly (but no throwing tents or similar)
- water and wind proof (obviously), relatively sturdy
- seasons: mid European, 3 seasons
- <300 EUR

- possibility:

https://www.amazon.de/Jack-Wolfskin-GOSSAMER-dark-moss/dp/B003DOSA5M/ref=sr_1_2?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1503590780&sr=1-2&keywords=Jack+Wolfskin+GOSSAMER

I am searching a backpack:

- size: large (ca. 55 cm height)
- volume: 45-65 L
- weight: <2,5kg
- frontloader
- detachable top pocket (as daypack) (optional)
- water system possible
- sturdy hip belt
- good back system
- needs to carry: tent (above), sleeping bag, sleeping pad, cooking equipment, clothing, ...

- possible:

https://www.amazon.de/Osprey-Aether-60-Trekkingrucksack-green/dp/B01N5IBRY2/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1503666657&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=Aether+AG+70

I am also searching for a (thermo) sleeping bag and some sort of sleeping pad.
Totally open to suggestions here.

Opinions, other options, and different approaches / sources welcome!
Especially since people from other countries might know more shit I don't even remotely know.

If you need mor information, please ask.

Final setup should be:

(1) Backpack
(2) Tent
(3) Sleeping pad
(4) Sleeping bag
(5) Cooking equipment (pot, bunsenbrenner, knife, fork, spoon)
(6) Water system
(7) Misc.
>>
>>1088523
>I am also searching for a (thermo) sleeping bag and some sort of sleeping pad.
pad, if you like sleeping "hard", try a evazote pad. they are cheap, robust and light, 9mm should be plenty for your temperature range.

Tent, sales season is coming up in a few weeks, you could try to get a MSR Hubba Hubba sub 300 or score some other nice tenty.

backpack same, show up on sales, test half a dozen packs, see what fits you best and has the features most to your likings and buy it for half price.

sleeping bag, depends if you plan high alps or Scandinavia in late summer/begin of fall, which means frost nights.
For summer camping with I use generic no name bags from the local sports outlet, because they work, are cheap, and get ruined/lost/burnt/borrowed and never returned anyways.

I got an Exped comfort 600 as my expensive splurge bag for when I go on tour myself, -8°C was still ok, the bag is cozy as fuck and I use it for five years now with no issues.
>>
>>1088523
If you're EU then you can order Alpkit stuff from UK for delivery.
1.3kg 2 man tent:
https://www.alpkit.com/products/ordos-2

The Osprey pack you linked is great so go for it. Make sure you get the right back length as Osprey do 2.

Sleeping bag depends on where you're wanting to go and what the temp is going to be. Down is better than synthetic unless you expect the bag to get wet. I'd advise a liner as well.

Sleeping pad depends on temp as well. self-inflating are great but heavier/thicker than inflatables.

Alpkit sell bags and mats, they're all reasonably priced and great quality. Otherwise just take a look at some local outdoors shops and see what looks best/ matches your requirements and budget.
>>
>>1088537
>sales season
can you explain this? are you referring to labor day sales?
>>
>>1088523
>Exped comfort 600
Mystery Ranch pack and MSR tent
>>
>>1088523
Check out the gearlist. There's no tent, but everything is simple and well below your pricerange. http://notreallyasurvivalblog.blogspot.com/
>>
Hey guys,
thanks for the help!
My internet broke, I got banned and now I'm ill, but I'll read through it and check it out.
Alpkit sounds great (the tent), and I think I am not on the wrong track altogether. I'll get something cheap for the things I am not sure about what I want / need exactly (pad, sleeping bag).
>>
>>1089672
My set up is

osprey 75L
thermarest xtherm
enlightened equipment quilt
msr hubba hubba tent
>>
>>1090001
>thermarest xtherm
you sure you want an inflatable mat? pumping the mat every evening gets annoying af
>heavier than closed cell
>less reliable than closed cell and self inflating
>more expensive than both
>>
>>1090053
I also use an xtherm. it's 15oz and has an R of like 5.3.

for comparison, a ridgerest CCF (same size) weighs 16oz and has an R of 3. it's also enormous.

the xtherm is built like a tank, very tough fabrics on the bottom. I've used it for about 100 nights out and it's been fine.

plus, the comfort is far superior to CCF or any self inflating mat in that weight class.

for cold weather camping, it's almost indisputably the king of mats (the expeds are the only real competition). and even for general purpose use, it's still a great choice unless you absolutely must have the reliability of CCF
>>
File: 9mm eva.jpg (2MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
9mm eva.jpg
2MB, 2816x2112px
>>1090297
>a ridgerest
please nigger, no need to buy that monster, just get a simple 9mm eva pad and you are good for Euro 3 season camping for a 10th of the price of an inflatable.
>>
>>1090297
>oz
this is a metric thread hombre.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.