[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A slight breeze

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

File: harvey.jpg (56KB, 531x454px) Image search: [Google]
harvey.jpg
56KB, 531x454px
Texas anons, how are you preparing for Harvey?

Anyone planning on being /out?
>>
>>1088446
Victoria-area anon reporting in.
Shit sucks, yo.

We're supposed to get 30 inches of rain over the weekend with 100+mph winds for an extended time. Pretty sure I'm gonna lose power for most of it. Thank god I'm up on a slight hill and no trees are likely to fall on my house.
>>
>>1088467
That's some mad weather.

The silver lining is that at least you won't go thirsty. Stay safe anon.
>>
>>1088469
Yeah, I've got a rain barrel in the yard. Already emptied and cleaned it yesterday in prep. Probably going to fill the bathtub and the sinks too, for good measure.

In some ways it's good timing because I had been planning on a week-long trip to Big Bend next week and stocked up on some supplies a little while back. Got some water jugs, plenty of backpacking food, and an extra fuel canister for my stove.

Now I just have to keep the dog from fear-vomiting all over the house once it hits.
>>
Northern Houston-area reporting.
Is it really going to be that bad?
>>
File: 1503625090604.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1503625090604.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
If i show up with a chainsaw and a trailer can i make good money after the storm?
>>
>>1088446
>Anyone planning on being /out?
that sounds like a horrifically stupid idea
>>
I'm in Austin now. Fuck no. I'm drinking on 6th st as we speak.
>>
>>1088771
I am thinking of grabbing a couple mexican guys too, will write"One Guy and Two Mexicans"
What could i charge an hour?
>>
nothing in houston downtown here.
>>
>>1088761
Cat4 now
>>
Stay safe texanons
-new jersey
>>
league city reporting in. strong wind is rustling tree jimmies and occasional blasts of rain are shaking shit up. local gas stations are out completely if not limited to regular unleaded
>>
>>1088877
>>1088467

Saw on my phone that they urged people that didn't evacuate to "write social security numbers on their arms". Meme the fuck out them if you die please.
>>
>>1088884
ill write "im gay" on my forehead
>>
>>1088886
Write see taint for SS

Write haha bitch on taint
>>
Any dumb people walking in it? I imagine lots of people are.
>>
>>1088891
my upstairs neighbors are drinking on the porch

im sitting around eating junk food and dipping because i ate a fuckton of these fruit snacks with kola extract and guarana so im wired as fuk
>>
>>1088446
Wife went to the grocery and liquor stores earlier. Sipping on some canadian whisky and waiting for the rain. Can't wait for this weekend, finally a break from the insane temperatures. Fuck Texas heat.
>>
>>1088911
When does it get nice down there?
>>
>>1088916
July and August are the worst, but if you like heat, Texas is warm for all but a few weeks between the middle of January and February.

I don't particularly like the heat so my comfortable times are between end of October to end of May. June is fine, but can't do anything like camping after May unless you love being hot and sweaty.
>>
>>1088921
I would come help clean up if i can camp on the beach for free.
I have a cdl and can run a skid steer so maybe i will see if they need equipment guys for a few months after the storm.
>>
>>1088924
You wouldn't be saying that if you knew any Texans.
>>
>>1088888
checkd
>>
has tejas succeed yet?
>>
>>1089127
They will never succeed
>>
>>1088446
OP here. Watched video clips at news sites. The weather is fucking brutal, just mad.

I started wondering exactly why do people live in a place with 10-15 years between storms that really make a mess. First Louisiana and now Texas. Is it so great living there, when massive natural catastrophies are not taking place - honest question, why do people stay?
>>
>wood and cardboard house vs concrete and brick
Seriously, when will americans stop being white trash and start building proper houses?

Also, is everyone on the area of the storm on meth? Fucking hell, it looks like the white and brown version of detroit.
>>
File: 1503718676053.jpg (68KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
1503718676053.jpg
68KB, 500x738px
>>1089348
The government subsidises flood insurance so these assholes end up losing nothing.
The rest of us will pay to rebuild them again and again.
>>
>>1089353
Fair point, but worth noting that it's not applicable everywhere.

Tornado zone: Brick is best

Earthquake zone: Wood is best

Zone with both: Move you dumb fuck.
>>
lcfag here... its rained at least 12" i had to pull my truck over the curb as did most other people with a brain

also i just quit meth its not a joke you dont know drug epidemics til youre part of it
>>
In a neighborhood just west of downtown Houston. Took a walk down to the bayou- highest I've ever seen it and the rain is still coming. It has to come up about twenty more feet to get me, still, so I'm sitting pretty.

Glad I live on the same hill where all the dead rich folks are buried.
>>
>>1089353
That's like Tornado area n shit. I'm near Miami where the hurricane threat is real and everything is built much more tough. Storm shutters on all the buildings and brick or concrete exterior walls.

In the middle of the country, might as well just build the houses out of wood because it's like a 0.01% chance a tornado will hit the thing before it gets torn down for being so old anyway.
>>
File: 1480521611355.jpg (27KB, 314x246px) Image search: [Google]
1480521611355.jpg
27KB, 314x246px
>>1089348
>>1089364

There aren't many places in this country that aren't subject to natural disasters, be it floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, fires or earthquakes.

So step off that high horse.

t North Texan that enjoys the yearly tornado season.
>>
>>1089574
What about the meth faces? Does tejas have a drugs problem?
>>
>>1089581
348 here. Lol what? I'm European and want to understand. And you didn't answer the question.
>>
>>1089587
He did answer the question maybe engrish not so good
>>
>>1089581
Is the tornado season better since it gets cooler, or why do you enjoy it? Are you a storm chaser?

>>1089589
Yes, sorry, it's one of the three languages I speak and admittedly it is nowhere near perfect. It just seems somehow that people somehow do not clump into places which have the least natural disasters (like New Hampshire) and I don't understand why.
>>
>>1088446
https://kotchan.org/chat/int
>>
>>1089596
Your point is?
>>
File: US-Disaster-Avoidance-Map.jpg (50KB, 701x374px) Image search: [Google]
US-Disaster-Avoidance-Map.jpg
50KB, 701x374px
>>1089594
As he said most places are subject to natural disasters and if you want a job you have to go where the jobs are, which is often dictated by things like being near a port or river or the coast. The safest area I believe is the inland Pacific Northwest but no one lives there because it is mostly empty desert and there are very few jobs
>>
>>1089594

It's a risk vs reward thing. You want to live in the mountains? Better accept that there will be blizzards.

Like the wide open spaces in the Great Plaines? You're going to have tornadoes.

Plus we can't ALL live in New Hampshire.

Also I was speaking a little tongue in cheek about enjoying tornadoes, though I do enjoy that type of weather some.
>>
>>1089675
Thanks for the answer anon.

Utah seems to a winner on that map.
>>
>>1089684
>Risk vs reward
Thank you anon. I understand, however this brings me back to the original question, why Texas/Louisiana. I guess it is not just jobs? Is it the barbeques? /out? Gun laws? General way of life? Or maybe it just cannot be explained, I don't know.

>Plus we can't ALL live in New Hampshire.
Well -- (autist hat on) if everybody in the USA (per population estimated for 2016) would live in New Hampshire, the population density would be 13344 persons/km2, which is larger than Singapore but still less than Monaco. It would be crowded as hell, but not as bad as Macao. As a bonus USA would have the biggest /out on the planet (anything outside New Hampshire).
>>
In moments like these is when you realize the US still has third world tier infrastructure.
>>
>>1089871
Worse, most stuff here is 50 years old. Thanks diversity
>>
>>1089127
>>1089154
I think the word you cucks are looking for is "secede".
>>
>>1089585
yeah but it's more of a pill problem and it's mostly on the border cities. Weed is also popular. Though, we're not without our methheads
>>
>>1089581
>There aren't many places in this country that aren't subject to natural disasters

On the scale the gulf coast receives?
Nothing even comes close.
Also the assholes building houses i dense forest should not get a dime when the inevitable fire sweeps through.
If the government needs to subsidise the insurance, the risk is too great.
Move.
>>
>>1089983
Sorry Clyde but we are all in this together. What's yours is mine.dont you have compassion for others you heartless bastard?
>>
>>1090086
I will gib moneys to save people and help them relocate but not rebuild where they should not rebuild
>>
>>1090086
>What's yours is mine
Kys commie
>>
Op is died
>>
>>1088859
Did you end up dying tho
>>
I love being in South of France, no Earthquakes, no hurricanes, no fire (almost), and most important : no americans
>>
File: migrants_sfrance.jpg (68KB, 600x411px) Image search: [Google]
migrants_sfrance.jpg
68KB, 600x411px
>>1090642
>South of France
oooo so lucky
>>
File: img-3.php_7.jpg (49KB, 576x578px) Image search: [Google]
img-3.php_7.jpg
49KB, 576x578px
Why all our houston anons so quiet now?
>>
>>1090778

No internet and/or dead.
>>
>>1089353
My neighbor built a massive McMansion. It has the same structure as the house in your upper photo. The one on the right that is half torn down. That's 1 layer of brick laid up against a standard 2x4 lumber wall framing. Their entire 4-story house is made like that.
>>
>>1089871
This is true. Much of the US is like that.
>>
>>1088446
Governor said evacuees could stay at state parks for free until it was possible to return home
>>
>>1091546
Beach camping is free and a god giben right to all texans.
Its in their constitution
>>
>>1088446
OP here. Saw a pic of interstate highway or something and it looked like an ocean with foamy waves and everything. What the actual fucking fuck, the amount of water is absurd.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.