[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /out/ Recently started a job as an RV salesmen in Central

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

Sup /out/
Recently started a job as an RV salesmen in Central Washington. 19 years old, so I don't have a lot of experience in this field. Do you guys have anything to help me survive the sales life?
Also, if you have any fun/exciting/stupid stories from camping trips, all stories are welcome.
Pic related - one brand of travel trailer we sell
>>
>>1087446
Salesman*
>inb4 hav 2 lrn 2 spel b4 sell
>>
File: 41RYGTTQC3L._SL1500_.jpg (28KB, 324x475px) Image search: [Google]
41RYGTTQC3L._SL1500_.jpg
28KB, 324x475px
read this book

sell to every customer. if you get an up that doesn't buy then it's your fault, identify what you did wrong and don't do it again next time.
>>
>>1087446
Earning money on commissions?
>>
>>1087461
If it exceeds my draw for the quarter, I get the rest as a bonus. The commission goes off of how much profit we make on the trailer. The more I sell the trailer for, the more money the company makes, the higher percentage of the profit I get.
>>1087457
I'm assuming that's at any local bookstore?
>>
>>1087467
i don't think they've been printed for a long time, you'll probably have to find one used online
>>
>>1087446
Look up "coffee is for closers" aka. Glengarry Glen Ross Always Be Closing on Youtube. It has everything you need to know.
>>
Remember people buying RV's aren't doing it because they need to get to work, they want to spend money. So show them what you think is worth spending extra money on.

Also, never buy an RV. They're aweful, and most RV dealers let their sales staff take an RV for weekends. I've lived in an RV for years and they're not good replacement homes.
>>
>>1087493
That may be true about some of the larger companies, but not with the small one that I'm associated with. As far as I know, we haven't taken any units out for a weekend trip.
>>1087484
I'll keep that in mind, ty
>>
I have an RV, I like it a lot.

Every salesperson is differenr, but if I have a salesman that's pushy, I just walk out. I can't stand it. Cars, RVs, any salesman that acts like a cheeseball and I instantly dislike them.

When I bought my RV it was off a salesman that was helpful, knowledgable, and just a decent guy. He didn't push gimmicks or the bullshit "what can I do to make you buy TODAY???"

Had an RV salesman that was nice enough bit used every stupid sales line there was. He was like "man I don't even know why they're discounting this RV that much but you'd be crazy not to buy it at that price", and "man we are going to make you an absolutely stupid price on this camper".... really? You're going to make me a "stupid" price?

Just be a nice guy and know your stuff. Know about how much the trailers weigh, know the tongue weights, and know what the customers vehicle is rated to tow. Help them find what works for them.

A lot of RVers trade every few years. If you're nice, you'll get tons of repeat customers, which makes you way more than overselling an RV to a shmuck once, and that schmuck later regrets the purchase because you sold him a 35ft 7000lbs camper and he has a truck with a 7100lbs tow capacity.
>>
>>1087446
I think that camper needs more doors
>>
>>1087544
>I think that camper needs more whores
*ftfy
>>
>>1087525
towing a 7000lb camper with a half ton pick up is easy work as long as the trailers brakes work properly
>>
>>1087551
Unless that truck is rated for something like 7100lbs. I never mentioned a half ton truck, there are a lot of people who have vehicles like a Durango and want to pull 7k lbs with it, and are over payload by 500 lbs

Also, a 7k lbs camper will weigh close to 8500lbs once it's loaded for camping. The average camper has about 1k lbs of gear inside it including water in the tank, add in the weight of a hitch, and maybe a few bikes or something and it can easy be 8500lbs.
>>
>>1087592
>Also, if you have any fun/exciting/stupid stories from camping trips, all stories are welcome
>countersage
>>
>>1087594
That's a pathetic excuse to hide behind. More appropriate threads exist for outing stories;

>>1086060
>>1083643

And there have been threads dedicated to such stories that are less "time sensitive" that get bumped out of the catalog by crappy threads like this one. Confirm mods for shills because they deleted a post that voiced a legitimate and on topic opinion (albeit violating rule 7) without deleting the thread itself that clearly does not belong here. I guess asking for sales advice is an acceptable /out/ topic now...
>>
>>1087601
I wasn't talking sales advice. I was talking certain features about RVs that I should know about that /out/ has noticed. Now, I did notice that I worded the OP incorrectly. I apologize for that.
Don't be a dick and try to run me off this board
>>
>>1087610
>five hours of replies
>all giving sales direction
>doesn't correct the thread
>>
>>1087613
>Also spending time at work
>>
This is better suited for /adv/ or elsewhere.../out/ has an unreasonable dislike for RVs. But I suggest you know your product...in and out....drive them, read about them, learn from customers and your colleagues about them. Know every specification and every detail about them that you possibly can. And know your customers...their interests, the trends, their concerns, the things they want these vehicles for, etc.
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 324x188px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 324x188px
>>1087551
There's more to towing than just "ratings".

Pull that 7k lb trailer with a halfton at sea level on flat ground, sure.
Now take that same trailer up to 10k ft and haul it up and down mountain passes.

I used to tow with a half-ton, and its ratings were fine for my trailer+load. The 3/4-ton heavy-duty has bigger brakes and lower gears, which makes a huge difference both going and stopping. I'd have to do brakes with every other oil change on the half-ton, and I serviced/adjusted the trailer brakes every season.

Trailer brakes aren't a replacement for having a sufficient tow vehicle. And not just engine/transmission/GVWR numbers, but braking and cooling capacities too.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.