[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fire?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 20170714_105649.jpg (4MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
20170714_105649.jpg
4MB, 4160x3120px
Do you guys keep fires going all night? Also how do you keep feeding small biomass into the furnace?
>>
No need to keep the fire going all night, if you've got appropriate sleeping gear for whatever season you're /out/ in. Just seems like a waste of firewood to me.
>>
>>1087198
Also how's that stove working out for you? It always seemed slightly memeish to me, but I don't have one, so what do I know.
>>
>>1087197
No the fire danger is too great to leave it going all night. Would get massive tickets for doing that irresponsible shit.
>>
If you had a low power feeder/hopper like from a wood pellet stove you could theoretically keep it running a long time.
>>
>>1087201
Boils water fast, uses a handful of sticks.
Works as advertised. Cant imagine a stove burning hotter.
>>
You have a poor imagination
>>
>>1087288
What stove is it? I think I rather have a wood stove, then a gas or alcohol one.
>>
File: 03052883.jpg (93KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
03052883.jpg
93KB, 400x400px
>>1087297
how
>>
>>1087201
It is 100% marketing. The stoves have been around less than 5 years, so what can you really tell about the durability? It's a regular wood stove with cheap electronics from China added to it which are supposed to increase efficiency. The electronics will break quickly no doubt and you're left with an expensive metal tube.

They also taut how much CO2 they offset, however I'd be very interested to see how they are calculating that. I'd imagine the CO2 emitted during manufacturing of the electronics is not offset by the reduced CO2 emissions due to more efficient burning of wood. In fact, I'd bet that most of the stoves will only be used once, and if they didn't exist most buyers would opt for a canister, multifuel or alcohol stove, all of which burn more efficiently than wood.

Either way, it's a shit product that costs too much and does very little. If you want to drop money on stove then get a multifuel stove from MSR or other makers.
>>
>>1087300
Biolite.

>>1087357
You can make the same thing for pretty cheap if you can DIY at all. Balancing the USB 5v power is about as hard as it gets and that's not hard at all since everything is LEGOs these days. Peltier modules are really cheap too. If you know how to use a rivet gun, you are all set. You can even make it large and collapsible. However, if you need charging power and don't want to use a dinky stove, you can just whip up a Peltier charger that you can shove one end into any fire or heat source, regardless of the heat source's output or stove style.

The main reason those are so expensive is that they use a Peltier module that is rated for higher temperatures. If you DIY one, you can use a Peltier module rated for lower temps, which is really inexpensive, but that means it needs to be no higher than its rated temp on the hot side. Which means you place it further away from the heat source. It is a bit of a trade off, but you have the option of slapping several Peltier modules in series/series-parallel on it to get whatever volts/amps you want.
>>
>>1087367
Thank you friend. Do you recommend it? Are there any better or similar wood stoves.

I really like it, but I need something good all round. I might put up to 1 liter, or a pan on there.
>>
>>1087391
The kettlepot biolite sells is 1.5 liters.

There's the vitagrill but it looks like dog shit.
>>1087367
I could buy metal working tools, and spend the time assembling a functioning usb charger and blower fan with 4 modes...or just drop 70$ for a quality item.
Oooh gonna go with the money option.
>>
>>1087391
I don't own one, thus I'm not a good authority on how well it performs. I do know that their latest version is better than the 1st version due to all the feed back people have been giving them.

>Are there any better or similar wood stoves.

With the charging feature? No clue, without googling. I can recommend a rocket stove. The ones I've used work really well. For stick burning, just about any of those sheet metal folding stoves work well enough; if you don't mind a sooty cooking vessel.

>>1087465
The difference between the two of us is that I have all those tools and supplies. I even have the Peltier modules. I've not made one simply because I need to order an IR thermometer gun ($25-$30). So that I'll know the max temps of the surface areas I want to slap the modules on. I need one of those anyway for other projects.
>>
File: IMG_3120_grande.jpg (86KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3120_grande.jpg
86KB, 600x450px
If you want a twig stove buy the original bushbuddy not one of these junk chinese rip offs like solo stove or the one with the gimmick attached to it that will fail anyways.
>>
>>1087578
Low T stoves
>>
File: Tin Can Stoves.jpg (541KB, 2166x1032px) Image search: [Google]
Tin Can Stoves.jpg
541KB, 2166x1032px
>>1087578
A simple tincan stove works just as well and is free. You can make anything from the small tin can hobo stove with holes in it, on up to a 3-tier, full sized rocket stove.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.