[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Out with baby

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

Crazy idea, right? But we will be traveling for about three weeks and bringing the baby with us. Its mostly a scouting trip to see where we wanna move. So far we are planned for mt Rushmore and Yellowstone park. Need a lot if advise to survive the long trip.

Will also keep thread open for updates when trip starts
>>
File: 1462204162683.jpg (34KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1462204162683.jpg
34KB, 480x360px
>>1086700
Good idea, if a bear chases you, toss it your little morsel of joy
>>
Are you moving to Mt Rushmore or Yellowstone? No. You are a sightseeing normie
>>
Those are areas of interest we will be seeing and will aim for but we are generally looking for northern cooler states stopping along the way to check places out. We don't have an rv and can't afford hotels. We are camping every night for three weeks. Also not looking to move to a city so rural areas are what we are going to poke around at
>>
>>1086725
>can't afford hotel rooms
>can somehow afford to have a kid
Good luck, Tyrone
>>
how old is baby? mine's been going to the sierra since he was 3 months. he's now 2 1/2 years old and carries his own backpack on hikes.
>>
He's just one year old. I've taken him out to our building site in the woods a few times but those were just day trips and it was before he learned how to walk. Were still looking at tents so he doesn't run off in the middle of the night
>>
>>1086753
Kids are not expense you massive retard, hotels are.
>>
>>1086702
And BOOM FPBP.
>>
>>1086878
>>1086754 here. i'm at the library with my kid right now, but i'll throw out a little of my experience after he goes to bed in a couple hours. one question first: how mobile is your kid (walking, crawling)?
>>
>>1086878
>>1086916
ah, fuck. i just saw you already said he can walk. disregard my question.
>>
File: 307uate.jpg (164KB, 1599x1066px) Image search: [Google]
307uate.jpg
164KB, 1599x1066px
>>1086917
I see where you are going, yeah he will probably have to be hobbled before tossed to the bear.
>>
Your kids probably half black but if not, the sun is more intense at high elevation so get that little fucker a hat and keep him lubed with sunscreen
>>
>>1086945
Damn, i just realized he did not say the baby was his.
Its literally his wifes son.
>>
>>1086933
Kek
>>
>>1086700
>mt Rushmore
>stop in parking lot
>take picture
>leave
literally all you do
>>
I thought having a kid would mean no more /out/ for me but I have two coworkers who have backpacked with 6 month old children just fine and their families are very /out/ and frankly their kids are both polite/courteous and smart as fuck.

I'm looking forward to backpacking, climbing and biking with my little girl and passing on all the love for wilderness I've found over the last several years.
>>
File: hike.jpg (536KB, 1306x980px) Image search: [Google]
hike.jpg
536KB, 1306x980px
>>1086916
sorry, i lied. i drank a little too much beer and i'm still recovering from driving 1600+ miles in the last 3 days (eclipse), so i'm gong to go crash. but i'll be back tomorrow evening.

pic of my guy, so you know i'm not bullshitting.

>>1087074
nice. get after it. start her young.
>>
>>1086700
I took both my kids camping from 3 months on.

Probably the best thing I ever got was a backpack for carrying them around in. Otherwise you're going at kid-speed everywhere, and when he's done hiking so are you.

other than that it's the same diaper bag you take everywhere else.
>>
If my kids grow up city faggots like me, I've failed as a father. You better take that baby out every chance you get, OP.
>>
>>1086913
never post again
>>
>>1086909
http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/09/pf/cost-of-raising-a-child-2015/index.html
https://www.usda.gov/media/blog/2017/01/13/cost-raising-child

Kids ARE expensive, Tyrone. Do you only stay in luxury hotels?
>>
>>1087345
>believing what JNN says about child rearing
Let me tell you about white genocide, anon.

Kids don't need a lot of expensive bullshit, That's all marketing nonsense. That number is almost entirely derived from the cost of college, which can easily be free if you're smart about it.
>>
>>1087345
lol, their calculations are full of shit.
>2 y.o.
>housing
$5500
>transportation
$2200
>clothing
$1200
>healthcare outside insurance
$1300
>>
>>1087353
How's life in Guatemala, Anon?
>>
>>1087353
>>1087358
How the fuck do they get 2200 for transportation costs and 5500 for housing?? Nigga just use the car you already drive and apartment you already live in like what the fuck lmao
>>
>>1087348
article's calculation only runs through 17 and specifically says it doesn't include college

>>1087358
lol. i live in coastal california, and our household income is actually above what they call "middle income", but anyone who pays full price for toddler clothes is a fucking idiot, i spend about $20 a year on kid's tylenol, and please try to explain how a 2 year old raises transportation costs by more than two grand. housing i can see if you live in an apartment and have to move from a 1 bedroom to a 2 bedroom.
>>
You get about $4000 a year per kid in tax benefits so they are basically free to the parent unless you want to spoil them
>>
>>1087348
First of all, "JNN" didn't conduct the study; all of the data was from the USDA report. White genocide is only marginally worse than a situation where only low IQ, impoverished whites (essentially the same as American blacks) are having children. Having kids is a costly, risky endeavor -- maybe people who can't afford hotel rooms should wait until their financial situation improves before making such a critical decision.
>>
>>1087378
>waiting until everything's "perfect" to have a kid
enjoy paying for ivf when you're in your 40s
>>
>>1087407
Paying for IVF is trivial if you have your shit together, and it's way better than the alternative.
>>
Yeah... Even without a kid we wouldn't be able to afford lodging for this trip.

Thanks for the tip about sunscreen. Gotta buy more. There is a lot of stuff I need to get still. We just bought our tent yesterday. Looking for a grill soon. Got a large bag of rice and lots of pasta. Starting to fill up a chest.

I'm just very concerned about my baby getting hurt or lost. He is very mobile. Likes to climb stuff. Even went as far to get a leash thing.

Yes we are going to visit a lot of tourist attractions on the way. We might not be able to do them again. Live life. Do things. Experience what this county has to offer.
>>
>>1087353
Word. I think our monthly expenses for baby is just $50. (Diapers, food, etc). Which is like, what, two meals at a restaurant.

And I'm sure if we could afford motels my husband would still want to camp out most of the time. He wants to use this as a sort of training trip. Get everyone used to living on the road.
>>
>>1087441
I used to bring a playpen, that way you can toss the niglet in there when you are cooking dinner or smoking crack. Most campsites have grills so maybe you don't need to buy one.
>>
Having kids in your 20s should be illegal.
Fuckers make me pay for that shit.
My fucking taxes are insane because of schooling costs.
If you send your kids to public schools you are a leach and a bad parent
>>
>>1087535
Haha you have to pay for my kids
>>
>>1087567
Times are changing, your freeloading ass will be expected to pay up soon enough anon.
Then you and your shitty kids will starve inna streets
>>
>>1087535
>>sending kids to public school to be indoctrinated
>>not homeschooling
>>
File: balcony.jpg (1MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
balcony.jpg
1MB, 2304x1728px
good lord this thread has become a shitshow

>>1087079 back again.

this >>1087122
>Probably the best thing I ever got was a backpack for carrying them around in.
x100. i have an osprey poco plus that he's been riding in since he was 4 months old. it has 22l of storage, he can sleep in it, it's good up to 45 lbs, has a sunshade, and he's gone up to 11 miles in it. hopefully it's not already too late to get yours used to riding in something like that.

if >>1087506 works for you, more power to you. mine would flip out in a playpen, but he'd stay close to me when i'd tell him. ymmv

sleep systems are the most challenging thing to figure out in a tent, because a 1 year old's not real good with a sleeping bag. i make sure he has real good ground insulation (yoga mat+mattress from his travel crib), and then various combinations of layers of regular pjs, footy pjs, fleece footy pjs, socks and hats, depending on how cold the night's going to be.
>>
>>1087348
>>>/pol/
>>
If he's still breastfeeding then that'll make things a bit easier. If you just have him cuddle up next to you in the tent he'll stay nice and warm, and you'll know if he wakes up.

Maybe you could put a wee clip on the tent zippers to stop them being opened too.
>>
>>1086700
There were some assholes that brought a babby out to the eclipse, little fucker would not shut up.
Make sure you camp far far away from others.
Also please avoid all restaurants that are not "family" oriented.
>>
File: hi_five.png (3KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
hi_five.png
3KB, 493x402px
>>1087079
>>1087683
m8, always love seeing these pics. I'm double jelly - I didn't have a dad who did this for me and I don't have a son to take /out/ either.
>>
>>1087889
This is the best advice in this thread. I can't stand when parents refuse to even acknowledge their shrieking, gross little chimps and they ruin everyone's dining experience. Take your kid outside or leave them home ffs
>>
>>1087927
this. So tired of children in adult spaces. If I ever get any of my own I will refrain from attending normal places like cafes and bars with them, not to mention not family-oriented campings
>>
>>1088637
>not taking your kid to the bar
next you'll tell me to not take them to the strip club
>>
>>1087927
>>1088637
>>1087889

Y'all are more hypocritical than global warming enthusiasts
>>
>>1088679
How so?
>>
>>1088679
You are selfish and take no consideration of others while demanding they give a shit about you, just me me me like a teenage girl
>>
>>1087069
The Black Hills and Wind Cave National Park are pretty nice though. Not the worst place to pass through.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.