[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice for my first innawoods experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: woods3003.jpg (62KB, 450x298px) Image search: [Google]
woods3003.jpg
62KB, 450x298px
Hi y'all, /out/! First of all, i'd like to tell you i've never posted anything before, as i was basically a lurker, but i want to go /out/ for the first time, and i couldn't think of any place better to ask for tips.
For starters, i live near seville, in spain, and i'd like to try staying a couple of days in the woods, isolated of any human contact, but i don't really know a place in which i could do that, and i want to make sure what i'm doing isn't illegal. And, although many spanish woods are like pic related this time of year, i'd love to stay in a green forest, so i could wait until winter, or take a train to the north part of spain.
Anyways, i'd be thankful if y'all could help me with anything: any piece of advice, any indispensable tool, any cool place to stay or any book you recommend to avoid dying innawoods would be bless, and i thank y'all in advance for everything.
I'm sorry if my english isn't perfect, or if i broke any rule, as i'm new in this board!
>>
Check the catalog brother.
There are pretty much posts like this every single day.
>>
File: Mrbh5rp.jpg (34KB, 521x521px) Image search: [Google]
Mrbh5rp.jpg
34KB, 521x521px
>>
I didn't know youens talked like Alabamians
>>
>>1086637
I wouldn't be able to tell you anything about Spanish law, but definitely don't start out winter camping. Most people don't realize how much colder a thirty degree drop in temperature... wait, shit. That's in Fahrenheit... Most people don't know what a sixteen degree drop in temperature feels like, and that's about what you're looking at for most nights.
>>
Americans don't say "y'all" outside of the south, and nobody cares about the south.
>>
>>1086661
I live in the north and think of it as a useful conjunction. But then I did pick up the habit in the south...
>>
>>1086638
Yeah, i'll keep that in mind the next time, thanks for the advice
>>1086658
Thanks a lot, i'll write that down and be sure not to forget it! I'm quite the rain lover, so i've thought about going to the woods in rainy days, but i guess i'll have to gain experience first, and gain endurance before trying.
>>1086641
y'all'd've'f'ld've
>>
>>1086747
>I'm quite the rain lover
Me, too. In the winter I use a hammock; Rain tapping on my tarp while I swing in the cool breeze is just magical.
>>
>>1086825
my hammock setup i can use in horrible storms in the tennesee mountains and its so easy to fall asleep to the rain pounding against your tarp. its like natures lullaby, right next to the swaying of the hammock
>>
>>1086637
check out sp00ky thread, it really helps innawoods
>>
OP here, i've done a lot of research, and looks like free camping is forbidden in spain, but there are a couple exceptions, one of them being not being found.
Now on a serious note, i'm pretty angry about that, why can't i just go into the woods, sleep a couple nights and come back? Who am i harming?
I think the route i'm gonna do is to follow the beach line, it's like 30km of beach and woods. The bad part is, sleeping in the beach is ALSO forbidden, and the woods are part of a fucking national park, and sleeping in a national park is forbidden too.
I'd like to hear your experiences about this stuff, i don't know about law, but i'd like to know how is it camping in other countries, and if free camping is still a thing out there.
>>
>>1087832
Nordics and many other countries have something like this, check out "Freedom to Roam" in Wikipedia.

Free to camp with exceptions like not on someone's backyard and not at a park in the center of the city. And basically "don't be a dick".
>>
>>1087832
>but there are a couple exceptions, one of them being not being found.

You know what to do.

It's the same shit here and that doesn't stop anyone from camping. Just don't do anything silly and pray the cops are nice if they find you.

t. country to the west of Spain
>>
>>1088051
I'd imagine yer talking about public land right?
>>
>>1086637
hey! spaniard here
how much time are you staying innawoods?
Recomend you going north, probably picos de europa or something around, search for an hayedo. there are some near "La gandara".
So sleeping there, its ok if no one sees you, like in the rest of spain, although vivac is permited everywhere as long as you dont build a shelter or anything. but in the north, you can really escape from the walkin trails, you just need a map, wich they give you for free in any "centro de interpretación".
Living there is not hard, you have water points, just ask where they are. eating, well, that's the problem. hunting is forbidden. You can kinda do it with traps for rabbits, if you are smart and use transparent fishing line. eventually, you wuld have to go to the nearest town to buy some groceries. Fire is another issue. you know it's forbidden everywhere. if you have really dry wood, i guess you coud do it, if you hide yourself, during the day. during the night, i wouldn't even try, you are going to be seen from km away.
As things to have with yourself, i would take a GOOD sleeping bag (0º-5º), a hammoc, good boots, a knive not too long, rope, fishing line, a gas thing to cook and a metalic thing to cook on, a canteen (cantimplora) or whatever you are comfortable with and pretty much thats enough. well, matches also.
>>
>>1086637

Stick your dick in a cactus patch. You'll never forget it.
>>
Who cares whether it's allowed? I've stealth camped in half the provinces of Spain. You Spainbros are lucky to have so much forest; most Europeans don't have the ability to just get lost in the woods.
There's lots of nice mediterranean forest down your way, but like the other anon said, the north is the best.
>>
>>1086661

Thems fightin words!
>>
OP here, i'm back and ready to rumble.
>>1088051
Thanks a lot, that was a very useful read, i'll keep it in mind, as i'd like to visit many of the countries listed there.
>>1088085
Much obligated, thanks for all the tips, i'll be sure to write them all down, so i won't forget'em. I'd like to stay for 3 days, more or less, but i'm not sure if i'll be able to stay that much, due to my lack of experience. I was thinking about staying in Doñana, but those forests you talk about sure seem like a much better option. And, about hunting, i'd love to learn how to make traps, for rabbits and such, so i'll keep that in mind too. The fire would be the only problem there, but i don't think i'll be unable to survive without using it. Thanks a lot, again, that was an amazing post.
>>1088144
I'll be sure to try that asap, don't worry
Thanks a lot, everybody, i knew this was the place to ask for advice!
>>
>>1088536
the spaniard again here. doñana is much more guarded, plus water is salty in doñana. there are nearly only bugs and birds, specially a lot of mosquitoes :)
3 days you will be more than OK. you can even pack your own food with you.
PRO TIP: even now that its not the season, you can, if you find (and you will probably), collect in bottles the sap of betula trees (la savia de los abedules) http://bushcraft.es/blog/savia-abedul/
>>
Nights get boring and cold, bring plenty of booze.

Past that, just go out and have a good time.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.