[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Agistri Island Camping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: dragoneres.jpg (174KB, 1280x857px) Image search: [Google]
dragoneres.jpg
174KB, 1280x857px
My wife and I have planned our honeymoon for Athena, Greece in October.

Neither of us have ever camped before overnight and have decided to set a week aside to do it on a Greek island nearby. What unexpected things should we prepare for?

So far we think we have it planned out:

- Pop up tent for camping
- Battery Powered Lantern 700 lumen
- Fire starter knife set
- First aid Kit
- Hydration packs 4 liters
- Hiking/Camping bag

We are planning to find a secluded beach as its off season and just visit the city daily for water refills.

I by all means know we are beyond casuals, but its our honeymoon and it would be a fun adventure to sleep in a tent outside together.

Am I missing any critical supplies?

Any general tips
>>
Rape whistles
>>
>>1086624

Greece can't be that dangerous right? lol
>>
>>1086625
>inb4 /pol/ shitfest
>>
>>1086625
>Secluded island directly on the invasion route
>Boatloads of virile young Somalis, Afghans and Syrians for whom rape is a way of life
>>
You're going on a week long camping trip for 2 with just 4 liters of water (you should pack more than a day each if you're a novice, even if you have a reliable resupply some distance away), a shit fire starter, no way of processing wood, and apparently no plans for food?

You guys are both going to die horribly - perhaps by aforementioned rape pirates

Why would you plan your first time camping to be in an exotic locale where you don't speak the local language, you may or may not be able to find the gear you need from local shops, and where you can easily find that you have an inadequate amount of local currency (particularly if you're not from the eu)

At the very least, you ought to go out camping in your local area for a couple weekends (with or without the fiance) to get a bit of experience first - safety aside, it's going to make your honeymoon *much* more smooth-running and enjoyable
>>
>>1086622
>any general tips
Greek men dont believe in bathing suits. At best they wear Speedos 2-3 sizes too small for them. At worst they don't wear anything.

The propensity towards "dont wear anything" goes up exponentially with the age, weight, and bodyhair of the person in question.
>>
>>1086645
>>1086636

You guys are all just kidding right?
>>
You should go camping like right now, multiple times before october
Your wife is gonna get sand in her vagina and youll be too confused trying to start a fire to help her clean it out
Why you are going to greece and not somewhere local you havent been yet is beyond me as well. College kid tier "my country sucks! I want to go travel/camp/hike in x country instead!"
>>
File: terrythomas.jpg (9KB, 166x192px) Image search: [Google]
terrythomas.jpg
9KB, 166x192px
Holy shit, you're gonna get raped OP!

> Two female friends went to Greece last summer.
>Passed out on beach.
>Woke up to six or seven North African dudes creep on them.
>Two guys jerkin it.
>Left island same day.
>>
>>1086865
Going on the off season October is after th summer rush and itll be getting colder with low tourists.

>>1086863
My wife is Schooling in Europe and I am in the states, + its our honeymoon, we aren't trying to hardcore camp like it seems most of you are getting at at all.

Most likely it'll be 3-5 days of out trip and we will spend time in the cities of the island and nights in our tent in a secluded area, we are basically planning to sleep under the stars if you will.

No need for fires most likely it shouldn't get too cold early October and a fire might attract those aforementioned rapist right?

>>1086645
Agreed, I need to figure out the hydration thing, like how do people do it? Just carry gallon jugs?

Sounds like you know your stuff, and yea I'll puss out and bring a spare lighter or matches, ha!

The point isnt to be super roughing it, but instead to enjoy seclusion and nature out there.

Jerky and dry foods for the campsite, and trips to the city daily for fresh fruit, healthy eating etc.

How far into the woodland would it be safest to go so random beach goers don't discover our camp at night?

>>1086687
Holy fuck... There has to be one or two stretches of beach not infested with those guys, haha

> Seriously though, I don't want to have to kill little Greek men with toothpick knifes trying to rape my wife. Avoiding confrontation is best.

Im sure it helps that i'm an intimidating guy to ward off rapist.

Are rapist really the big threat? The don't even have snakes or gators to worry about?
>>
>>1087011
The most dangerous wildlife besides all the African pirates and military-aged-male "refugees" are jellyfish and maybe some stingrays. Don't be a complete moron in the water and nothing nonhuman will hurt either of you.

You are NOT going to find remote, pristine beaches in GREECE, even in October. It's a heavily urbanized country with an absolutely booming tourist industry since it's one of the few Western-friendly nations in the East Med. You may have to deal with drunk, old, fat, hairy Greeks trying to cop a feel (on both of you) but the odds of pirates/rapefugees dragging you into the underbrush are very slim.
>>
>>1087119
Thank you for a more palatable and realistic perspective, it means a ton.

Jelly fish and string rays could be an issue if we aren't careful for sure, I'm used to the beaches here in Florida, but am sure that things are much different there.

Migrants and African pirates huh? Since firearms are illegal out there I guess a machete will do.
>>
It gets cold at night near the beach but nothing a blanket and windbreakers won't fix. Expect lots of wind and sea spray from all directions.
Set up your tent somewhere sheltered from the wind because it will keep you up at night.

Tent stakes won't work in the sand. The wind pulls them out.
Tie down sone rocks instead and bury them deep ( bring a shovel)

Do not let invaders talk to you you. They are not friendly. Do not let them get close.
Tell them to go away and stop bothering you. If you see the same person again, even after you've told them to fuck off, keep a weapon close.

In October it rains like 3 days out of ten. Showers are heavy but don't last long.
It's too cold to swim in my opinion.
>>
>>1087269
Ah, are you a local? This is really sound advice!

How will I know who is friendly to talk to and who is a refugee or invader as you mentioned.

I thought it was more of an issue in London, France etc. Didn't expect even little Greece to join the fray.

What types of weapons are they known to attack people with? My wife is a model, so objectively attractive and we are both conservative.

We won't fall for scams of niceness or pity for lesser people for sure. And I am a pretty intimidating guy and weapons and combat trained with the marines, so no worries worst case scenario, but i would rather avoid confrontation all together if i could.
>>
>>1087283
I'm on phone so I'll keep this short.

Locals are all friendly and trustworthy.
If you see anyone fishing or doing any sort of activity they are local.
If they have a dog or they're local.
If they're wearing swimwear they're local.

Most refugee invaders are harmless. Some Syrians especially are genuinely good people.
Most will not bother you. They know they are not wanted and keep to themselves.

The ones that do come up to you are either looking for a handout or have bad intentions.
It can be difficult to discern their intentions if they are African.

There are some opportunists amongst then. And every one of these opportunists looks for a soft target.

You might see africans selling sunglasses. They're pushy, but not dangerous. Just annoying.
You need to tell them directly that you aren't interested, because they won't leave you alone otherwise.

African Invaders often wander around aimlessly.
Maybe they'll ask for one euro or something like that.
If you're linient, they'll come again and until you tell them directly to go away. Always be direct.

Arabs like to leer at women. They're always in groups and some of them will stop and stare at a woman in a bikini.
It's rare that it will escalate more than that though.

If you do tell someone to go away, but you see them again loitering around later on then be ready to act.

Never be passive or subtle.
Be clear, stern, and direct.
Give orders not requests.
I keep repeating this because it's the only thing they listen to.
Africans do not think or behave like westerners.
Arabs know how to behave, but they rarely want to.

99% of the time nothing ever happens and no bad situations will need dealing with so no need to worry.
Just be prepared to act if the need does arise.
That's all you really need to know really.
Enough about them anyway.

Also, end of summer storms bring in seaweed. If it's a really secluded beach, it might be covered in it. I think I have a picture somewhere.
>>
File: IMG_1243.jpg (741KB, 2048x797px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1243.jpg
741KB, 2048x797px
>>1087303
The black stuff is all seaweed. It's wet and full of bugs.
So if you see a beach like this from a cliff or something, don't go down there thinking its a nice area to camp.
>>
>>1087303
Thank you so much, you must surely be local to know so much, or have you visited?

I wonder if being black will make locals more hesitant to talk with me because of those Africans. I have enough stereotyping to deal with here in the states by black people being retarded enough to kill one another and burn down there own cities while blaming white people as is.

>>1087310
Yea living in Florida we deal with it too yearly, ill look out thanks!
>>
dont do it man, it fking sucks
full of fkin afrikans, u will NOT have
a relaxing holliday.. pick South of fance
or spain
>>
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/they-looked-like-bears-double-gang-rape-sleepy-italian-tourist-town-rimini-1636853

>Plot twist, op is the rapist
>>
>>1087303
Pretty much this
+ free camping is illegal in greece
T. greek
>>
Camping on/near the beach is the worst IMO. Sticky and damp. And unless you have a shower to hand sleeping in a tent after swimming in the sea sucks. Your best bet is to find somewhere with fresh water within walking distance of the beach.
>>
>>1086622
my family and i have almost always vacationed in greece, and by now we visited and explored a decent chunk of the islands. Greece was litteraly god tier for fishing, diving, swimming and sailing until a few years ago when the migrants started coming.
Seriously, don't bother visiting greece the migrants will ruin your experience.
>>
>>1086622
Greek here
Everyone here is bullshiting you about immigrants and bathing suits
Agistri is tiny, you can walk across it in half a day, cant mess up if you tried
Set up camp to Dragonera beach, thank me later
Expect a reasonable ammount of casual campers well into September, especially weekends
>>
>>1091154
Nobody is going to bother him in fucking October about this

Also it is legal to set up tent from dusk till dawn, but I wouldnt bother to take it down every morning, police raids happen on July and August
>>
>>1087349
>I wonder if being black will make locals more hesitant to talk with me
>being black
Uh-oh
>hesitant to talk with me
Sorry m8 but they will straight up ignore you at best
Expect angry looks and staring
Ya dun goofed
>>
>>1089703
Why would France or Spain be better options?

>>1091154
>>1091285
Thanks for the insight m8

>>1091219
Yea we were thinking of going into the canopy, how far from the beach should we go?

>>1091284
Man couldn't be happier to hear from a local, thanks,

My wife isn't a health nut, so a half day walk isn't bad at all, with that we could literally set up camp anywhere.

My wife and I really want to see the temple of Aphaea, We even plan to name our daughter after her, so that's the highlight of our camping trip. How close can we get to the temple? I really want to walk inside desu

>>1091286
Well I have a welcoming and friendly demeanor and personality, but if I am ignored it will be no different than a few places in the usa, so no big deal.

>Almost gave up on checking this thread, good to see its alive.
>>
>>1091338
The temple is in the neighboring island of Aegina
There are many ship connection every day and only 30mins trip, you can easily go in the morning and leave in the afternoon, but I havent been to the temple itself

Btw you could rent a bicycle to cut your trips short, they come with a large basket behind to put shit in, first time I visited rent bikes and circled the island in a day, 5 euros/day if I recall correctly

Just make sure the brakes are working and the chain does not come loose before you take them to avoid ending up in some ditch like me
>>
>>1091352
Is there a way to get a weekly rate?

We looked online while planning our trip at bike rentals and they would cost us more than our apartment for the month, wasn't worth it for us.

lel @ the end, it wasn't bad was it?
>>
>>1091361
>Is there a way to get a weekly rate?
Maybe, if you try to talk it down with the rental

>it wasn't bad was it?
Nah it was ok.

Anyway regarding the race issue, they wont dislike you for being black they will dislike you for being a boat nigger, carrying a woman with you is probably going to help to recognize you as a tourist rather than an illegal immigrant
>>
>>1087349
Please tell me your wife is not white.
>>
>>1091740
Thanks, I won't look remotely like those niggers except for my skin tone possibly.

>>1091841
Wud up whte Boi! You Mad?

Kidding, but yes she is, and race never played a part in us choosing one another, She always wanted to marry someone with an Iq of 130+ and likewise I wanted a woman I could actually talk to. Her IQ is 133.

I am only 2 generations mixed in with black, but I digress. Separate people by intellect and you'll see that regardless of race, anyone with an 80 iq will most likely be a nigger, white nigger, spanish nigger, doesn't matter niggers gonna nig. Js.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.