[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /out/... in the words of Pickle Rick, I might have fucked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1042.jpg (98KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1042.jpg
98KB, 960x720px
Alright /out/... in the words of Pickle Rick, I might have fucked up here. I desperately needed a new job after being laid off as a teacher. So when I got this interview I lied my ass off and they hired me. As a winter snowshoeing expeditionary guide in upstate Minnesota.

Now, I live in Colorado. I ski, I hike, I've even snowshoed before. But this is Minnesota. This is fucking Fargo territory. People are counting on me to keep them alive when they fall asleep on the ice at -40.

So... like, any tips?

>pic related, it's a developed fucking road.
>>
>>1086028
>tips?
Research. Pray, if that's your thing. Good luck.
>>
1st they probably aren't going to throw a new guy into the middle of no where by himself with a bunch of people who don't know shit either, i don't care how many times you have done something your first day on the job should be shadowing someone so you know how they expect things to be done, everyone does shit differently.

if they insist otherwise you should tell them you do not feel comfortable as you are used to the terrain and climate of Colorado not Minnesota and you would like someone more experienced to show you the ropes of the area, more then likely they will do that because you have already made it that far it and would take longer to fire you then hire a new guy.

also the best line i have ever used was "actually i don't know that but i can learn it real quick" shows them you're honest while not being a complete moron, just don't use it too much.
>>
>>1086028
Did you lie about anything like avalanche certifications or wilderness first responder?
>>
Don't let them go to sleep in sub 30 celsius.
If they can't feel their fingers, tell them to put them in their armpits for heating.
There is no bad weather, only bad clothes.
>>
>>1086207
This. Guide companies will have you shadow a returning guide to learn the route, learn the tour blab and everything else. They'll run you through simulated problems and fuck ups and then have a returning guide Shadow you a few times to make sure you know what you're doing.

This is SOP all over the industry. If you get there and they don't have a training set up, walk away because it's a shitty outfit.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.