[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for advice on camping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1502918442859.jpg (81KB, 604x404px) Image search: [Google]
1502918442859.jpg
81KB, 604x404px
Sup /out/
I frequent /pol/ a lot so I'm sort of new to /out/ however recently the idea of a solo hiking/camping trip over a weekend has been really appealing to me. I'm not a NEET, I'm currently fresh out of high school with a job and getting ready to go to community college- that being said, I still have bare minimum experience with camping.
This is just a call for advice from /out/ on the ins and outs of a solo camping trip- where to go, how to pack, what to bring, where to set up etc. Any and all help is appreciated.
>>
>>1085511
No one cares what board you come from, keep it to yourself rather than derailing the thread on OP.

As for the rest lurk more or just do as you would do while camping with other people. It's the same shit.
>>
>>1085511
>what to bring
tent
backpack
sleeping bag
sleeping mat
clothes
rain gear
cook gear
water
small first aid kit
lighter
water filter if needed
food.
>how to pack
light stuff goes in the bottom of the bag, heavy stuff as close to your back as possible. frequently needed stuff in pouches or pockets.
>where to go
somewhere nice, as you are fresh to it don't look to walk more than 10-15 miles in a day.
>where to set up
not some where water will gather, dips in the ground etc. avoid places with standing water as they tend to be damp and have lots of biting insects. actually just watch this https://youtu.be/zCQuY_lAL1Y

Now get off the internet and go /out/ you will only learn so much from forums. You need to go out and make mistakes to learn. Just fucking do it already.
>>
Ok here be the basics:

Leave no trace except for cairns
Don't use a vehicle to get there or have a fire you will kill the planet
Bring a minority with you to atone for your honkey privilege
Whatever you do, do not step on the ground as that is racist against mother nature who is a strong womyn
Don't hunt fish or forage that is literally rape of planet Earth
For food eat humus and barley soup and pemiccan
If you want to eat pemican you must get permission from all local tribes of the first and only nation's
Shitting directly in rivers is the only way to appease Gaia.
Have fun, but don't have fun because somewhere an oppressed minority is sad and it's your fault
>>
>>1085528
>>
>>1085511
I just borrowed a tent and a sleeping bag and camped out a quarter mile into the woods behind my house with my gf when i first went /out/. I would keep it simple and just figure out if you even like it. A lot of outdoor retailer, or at least Eastern Mountain Sports (I'm from CT), have rental gear so you shouldn't have much of an issue with gear.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.