[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

How much would it cost (factoring in I do not have tools or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Roaring-Fork.png (264KB, 850x635px) Image search: [Google]
Roaring-Fork.png
264KB, 850x635px
How much would it cost (factoring in I do not have tools or any proper workshop/garage, and likely will not be living on the land I will be building on) and how difficult would it be to build something like these:
https://www.tuffshed.com/products/#/details/Roaring%20Fork/
https://www.tuffshed.com/products/#/details/Colorado/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbuxoTZDBjU

The last one is a video from a shed at Home Depot (but it's priced at only $12k). I see in the comments some stuff about it not being able to pass inspection/codes for a livable structure?
What do I need to know about those? Could I alter the shed in some way to make it acceptable, without raising costs too much?
>>
I made a similar thread a few weeks ago and got some good advice. It's still alive, but won't be for long:
>>1073271
>>1073271
>>1073271
Where's your land?
>>
>>1085479
There are companies all over that will build and ship a tiny home to your land that will pass codes and for less.

Now go to >>>/diy/
>>
>>1085505
I posted on DIY also.
Do you know of any of those sites? I'm not looking for super tiny. I liked these designs because they are more of a cabin, with a second floor and all, than a "tinyhome".
>>
Building codes are an interesting thing.
For example: a temporary building doesn't fall into the category of a home.
Many county's allow you to have a temporary cabin while you build a house, but they don't specify how fast you have to build said house.
Some county's have specific but simple codes- like you have to have hurricane straps on the rafters, but the type of foundation could be almost anything from a slab to pillar footings. You can sometimes literally put a premade shack on top of precast 4" x8" x16" cap blocks and it will pass inspection for foundation.

And just because that prefab shack "doesn't meet code" when its dropped on your property doesn't mean that it won't meet code after you spent a little time adding the required parts/devices to it.
>>
>>1085479
Everyone where I live acquires the land, builds a garage/ workshop with loft space, then lives in that a few years until the house is built. Then they rent out the loft.
>>
>>1085708
>>1085676
This is exactly what I want to do!!
Very good to know, thankyou!
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.