[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Working my way up gear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: benefits family camping.jpg (206KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
benefits family camping.jpg
206KB, 460x345px
I've been trying to get outdoors a lot more so I'm starting to buy some gear. My problem is, I only go out with my cousin at the moment, but before long I'll be camping with my wife and son. What I'm looking for is gear I can get now, and then work my way into more gear for more people.

An example is, I went kayaking with my cousin today, so o bought a Coleman Peak 1 stove and a Stanley cookset. That's for for me and him now, but eventually I will either need to buy something else or add on. I need recommendations people, on all fronts. Tents, sleeping bags, anything that I might need. Shit from Amazon especially.
>>
>>1084922
Make a fire
Build a lean to
Thatch grass or pine boughs together for bed
Use sand and charcoal to filter water
Make a knife from flint knapping
Rub two sticks together

Stop buying (((amazon)))
>>
>>1084922
Gear changes can be pretty drastic from one group to another, depending on that groups' capabilities. For camping with a spouse and kid, you'll probably want to start small, big tent, comfy pads and pillows, big cooler for snacks and drinks, hell, get yourself a bug zapper if you think that'll help them adjust to being outside. Then start doing hikes while on easy camping trips "we're going to carry some food and water with us and have lunch on the hill", once that's not an issue, start talking to them about carrying some lightweight gear so that you can camp in nicer places that other people don't get to see. Don't make the mistake of throwing them in the deep end, because then they'll hate it and not want to do it again; it's got to be slow and gradual, like anal.
>>
My 2 year old has a backpack that he uses to carry his own snacks and water, and he's pretty into it. We're about to start short hiking trips and work up from there.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.